• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sign at Microsoft Store
Disclaimer
Was at the Microsoft Store today (in Bellevue, WA). They have the Asus VivoTab RT on sale for $399, $200 off and still includes the free keyboard dock. That's a quick price drop and makes it a much lower price than the Surface. I actually prefer the Asus because it's thinner and lighter. The dock also allows you to turn it into a notebook, much more secure than the Surface keyboard. Price online shows $599, so may be B&M only. I've attached a picture of the sign.

Specs:
CPU Brand NVIDIA
CPU Type Tegra 3
CPU Speed 1.3GHz

Memory 2GB
Flash Storage 32GB
Capacity: Flash Memory 32GB
Media Supported MicroSDXC
Maximum Media Supported Expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD Flash Media Card

Display Size 10.1"
Display Resolution 1366x768

OS Windows 8 RT

Front Camera 2 Megapixel
Rear Camera 8 Megapixel
GPS Yes
Sensors G-Sensor, E-Compass, GPS, Light Sensor, Gyroscope
Speakers Built-in speaker
Communications
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
Ports and Connectors 1 x 3.5mm Audio
1 x Micro HDMI Out
1 x microSD Slot

Microsoft Store
See Microsoft Store promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ASUS Vivotab
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

As someone who invested in Surface (and Windows RT), I'd recommend staying away from this. Just not enough decent apps available for RT. All the big names are unavailable for it, you are stuck with IE forever on it and simple browser based things could end up being blocked (like my Logitech Alert cameras).

There is a reason they chopped $200 off the price. Spend some more and get a "real" convertible tablet if you really want. The Samsung ATIV 500T is $749 and will get you what you actually need (real Windows).

scoobydooby said:   As someone who invested in Surface (and Windows RT), I'd recommend staying away from this. Just not enough decent apps available for RT. All the big names are unavailable for it, you are stuck with IE forever on it and simple browser based things could end up being blocked (like my Logitech Alert cameras).

There is a reason they chopped $200 off the price. Spend some more and get a "real" convertible tablet if you really want. The Samsung ATIV 500T is $749 and will get you what you actually need (real Windows).

The Samsung is on Amazon for that same price plus $100 promotional certificate.

How is it same price? This is $400 with Dock. Ativ without Dock is $650 - $100 GC = $550, $485 if you can apply the 10% off, what am I missing?

I think he means the ATIV 500T is $749 in the Microsoft store and also on Amazon, but Amazon has the $100 GC along with it.

Ashoro said:   scoobydooby said:   As someone who invested in Surface (and Windows RT), I'd recommend staying away from this. Just not enough decent apps available for RT. All the big names are unavailable for it, you are stuck with IE forever on it and simple browser based things could end up being blocked (like my Logitech Alert cameras).

Am unable to find in Amazon for $399 with &$100 certificate. Link pls?

usr8054 said:   Ashoro said:   scoobydooby said:   As someone who invested in Surface (and Windows RT), I'd recommend staying away from this. Just not enough decent apps available for RT. All the big names are unavailable for it, you are stuck with IE forever on it and simple browser based things could end up being blocked (like my Logitech Alert cameras).

Am unable to find in Amazon for $399 with &$100 certificate. Link pls?

Read the previous post. It said $749; it was on Amazon for $749 + $100 promotional certificate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014