• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Handsome gun, but I personally like the Ruger 1911 just a tiny bit more. Also fond of Remington's, non-beavertail grip. Good Luck!

From their site:

The accuracy and reliability that have made the 1911 an American icon now shine brighter than ever. Features include a crisp trigger, dovetailed front and rear sights, precision machined slide and frame, and available fine checkered American walnut grips. The Model 1911R1 is truly the finest blend of exacting craftsmanship and out-of-box performance available today. Every element is produced with ultra tight tolerances in equipment representing the height of modern technology.

Link

Member Summary

Remington 1911 R1, 45ACP
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Logan71 said:   Handsome gun, but I personally like the Ruger 1911 just a tiny bit more. Also fond of Remington's, non-beavertail grip. Good Luck!

From their site:

The accuracy and reliability that have made the 1911 an American icon now shine brighter than ever. Features include a crisp trigger, dovetailed front and rear sights, precision machined slide and frame, and available fine checkered American walnut grips. The Model 1911R1 is truly the finest blend of exacting craftsmanship and out-of-box performance available today. Every element is produced with ultra tight tolerances in equipment representing the height of modern technology.

Link

Nice find, I am looking for a .45 right now.
I am thinking of the xd in a .45

You can hardly go wrong with an XD.

Butcherboy said:   Logan71 said:   Handsome gun, but I personally like the Ruger 1911 just a tiny bit more. Also fond of Remington's, non-beavertail grip. Good Luck!

From their site:

Link

As am I, but I'm caught in an awful loop:

1) Look, it's a .45 and in my price range.
2) Oh, that's just stunning in stainless, and low maintenance also!
3) Wow, all stainless makes it so heavy; 39oz-really? So much for carrying it on a regular basis. I wonder if it will be happy in the safe?.
4) Goes back to shopping.
5) Oh lookie, a nice lightweight poly (or alloy/bi-tone) .45, but it's not as handsome as the SS ones I've seen.

Rinse and repeat, kinda like 'Groundhog Day'

crackedupmd said:   You can hardly go wrong with an XD.

I have the xd in the 9mm 4 inch, Love it.

Butcherboy said:   Logan71 said:   Handsome gun, but I personally like the Ruger 1911 just a tiny bit more. Also fond of Remington's, non-beavertail grip. Good Luck!

From their site:

Link

\

If you are going .45 get the classic steel framed 1911. I have held several xd's and they just arent balanced the same way. I much prefer the steel frame than the lighter plastic. I can shoot more accurately and better follow up shots with the heavier frames. YMMV I shoot competitively and the only plastic gun I own is a small pocket pistol for ccw.

I have the XDM .40 (my fav) and a XD subcompact in 9mm. I would get the .45 XDM BB. I love Springfield guns.

I have the Remington R1 and love it. Of course I live near the factory so I love all Remingtons!!

i got the xdm compact 9. love it!

I have the XDM .40 (my fav) and a XD subcompact in 9mm. I would get the .45 XDM BB. I love Springfield guns.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.