• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

ipad 3 16 GB
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have an apple coupon. I am not able to use it - it specifically says you cant use it on the ipad. Does anybody have ideas to be able to use it on Ipads.

if1. Thx OP.

naroowal said:   I have an apple coupon. I am not able to use it - it specifically says you cant use it on the ipad. Does anybody have ideas to be able to use it on Ipads.

How about just try it at check out before you hit the pay button?

ehua999 said:   naroowal said:   I have an apple coupon. I am not able to use it - it specifically says you cant use it on the ipad. Does anybody have ideas to be able to use it on Ipads.

How about just try it at check out before you hit the pay button?

It says that this promotion code is not valid at this Apple Store.

- naroowal

1. Decent price. 2. Good qual for a 'refurb' ...if they are. I suspect new re-labelled stock. 3. 16 Gb might be too small if you plan to put movies and music on it. (I got the 32GB Apple refurb off of eBay for $469.00 no tax and I put 20 Gb on it in the first four days). If you get one.... you'll love it for the screen alone.

Any idea how fast the shipping is on these? I will not be able to order until Friday (Dec. 14th if they are still in stock). Just wondering if there is any chance it would make it here before Christmas. If anyone else who ordered can tell me how long it took to get it, I would appreciate it.

KutzPa said:   Any idea how fast the shipping is on these? I will not be able to order until Friday (Dec. 14th if they are still in stock). Just wondering if there is any chance it would make it here before Christmas. If anyone else who ordered can tell me how long it took to get it, I would appreciate it.
I placed an order on a Wednesday and it arrived in California by the following Wednesday.
YMMV.

eoniverse said:   16 Gb might be too small if you plan to put movies and music on it.For browsing, reading, Facebook, Skype, gaming... 16gb is the perfect size.

People can listen to free music using TuneIn Radio app, Sp0tify and Pandora.

Movies, there's Netf1ix and HuluPlus. And I'm reading Redb0x will soon have a streaming service.

I just returned mine and got a Verizon 4G LTE version of this.

The problem with iPad 3 wifi model is that Apple does not include the GPS hardware so it has to use wifi signal to triangle the position, and it is super unreliable, you get "location service not available" all the time when you need it. How much does a GPS module costs you, Tim? $10? On a $500 retail product that is too much for you?

eoniverse said:   1. 3. 16 Gb might be too small if you plan to put movies and music on it. (I got the 32GB Apple refurb off of eBay for $469.00 no tax and I put 20 Gb on it in the first four days). If you get one.... you'll love it for the screen alone.

Agreed. My first iPad was a 16gb and I had it filled almost instantly. I went up to a 32 and eventually a 64. Even if you aren't going to put a lot of music/movies on it, you can fill it up with just apps.

Can anyone recommend a good deal on a case or cover to go along with these?

salwana said:   eoniverse said:   16 Gb might be too small if you plan to put movies and music on it.For browsing, reading, Facebook, Skype, gaming... 16gb is the perfect size.

People can listen to free music using TuneIn Radio app, Sp0tify and Pandora.

Movies, there's Netf1ix and HuluPlus. And I'm reading Redb0x will soon have a streaming service.

I mostly agree with you. For some reason it seems odd to me to store large amounts of media on a tablet. Seems like most people with iPads also have iPhones, and the easiest way to keep all that media straight is just to stream it.

wei2cool said:   The problem with iPad 3 wifi model is that Apple does not include the GPS hardware so it has to use wifi signal to triangle the position, and it is super unreliable, you get "location service not available" all the time when you need it.

We've got five wifi-only iPads in this house and I've never really noticed any kind of problem like that. The wifi triangulation isn't as good as the cellular models with the GPS chip, but it seems like most people I know with wifi only models don't take them out and about as much as the people with the cellular models, which would make sense. Personally, I can't stand the idea of paying multiple times for data so I just use the hotspot feature on my smartphone when I want to use the iPad without a wifi network around.

How much does a GPS module costs you, Tim? $10? On a $500 retail product that is too much for you?

Why would they bother when it's overwhelmingly the most popular tablet available and they don't have to?

tooloud said:   wei2cool said:   The problem with iPad 3 wifi model is that Apple does not include the GPS hardware so it has to use wifi signal to triangle the position, and it is super unreliable, you get "location service not available" all the time when you need it.

We've got five wifi-only iPads in this house and I've never really noticed any kind of problem like that. The wifi triangulation isn't as good as the cellular models with the GPS chip, but it seems like most people I know with wifi only models don't take them out and about as much as the people with the cellular models, which would make sense. Personally, I can't stand the idea of paying multiple times for data so I just use the hotspot feature on my smartphone when I want to use the iPad without a wifi network around.

How much does a GPS module costs you, Tim? $10? On a $500 retail product that is too much for you?

Why would they bother when it's overwhelmingly the most popular tablet available and they don't have to?

Sure wifi signal is good at your house, mine's too, but why would you need location services at all when you are home? Hard to find a way to your bath room? Come on, It's when you are on the road and you don't have location service makes it a problem.

And btw you don't need pay cellular services to use the location service, you can disable data and use wifi only like I do. the wifi/LTE unit has a GPS hardware built-in, and its free to use.

FYI, both refurb black & white colors of iPad 3 are available at Apple Store for $379 as of 12/13 @ 12:24 PM EST.

When do these guy's bill you. I ordered on the 10th, it shipped on the 12th and no charge yet. Finally been charged

in-stock again, also 319 for the ipad 2 16gb

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014