• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been eyeing these Android TV sticks for some time and this one has best specs and the lowest price I've seen

Android Tv Stick

Specs
Processor : Rockchip RK3066, Cortex-A9 Dual-Core CPU
Display : HDMI 1080P
RAM : 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
Storage : 8GB Nand-Fast Flash
WIFI : 802.11B/G/N
Supports SD Card: 1GB-32GB; Hard Disk: 1GB - 5TB
I/0 Ports :USB 2.0 host x 1;
OTG / Micro USB x 1 ;

Some reviews
Review on youtube

Foloowup review

Member Summary

MK808 Android TV on stick
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Some fake eBay seller.

Wellcum (Jan. 17, 2013 @ 4:58p) |

Are you saying MX1 is better? Look at the top 2 reviews in your link. The quality is bad on MX1.

lepa71 (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 9:15a) |

Well those "2 reviews" you mentioned were posted after I made my post.....it's a relatively new product at the time and ... (more)

jesoon (Jan. 18, 2013 @ 12:37p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how long have you been eying?

Is this the same as this
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1232508/

Which has been awesome for me!

wow cool price i have ever seen.
1 more

Nice find, thanks OP!

!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!

i was order from them last time Nov 12 with shipping insurance, but still have not received my item yet, i email customer service and they can't found the item, and don't want to get me the refund or send me the replacement item.

save your money, don't buy from them.

rickt86 said:   how long have you been eying?

Is this the same as this
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1232508/

Which has been awesome for me!

Thanks, yes the same. I had missed the above.

Stupid question but What does this mean? "Your order will be sent out once the deal ends. You can check your order status through Order Tracking"

According to the item link it says.

Time Left to Buy
19DAY:10HOUR:50MIN

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but doesn't this mean it won't ship for over 19 days?

I'd also recommend staying away from in4dealz. I currently have an open Paypal dispute with them because they never responded to any emails after my initial complaint that the item was different from the one pictured and spec'd on the site.

I have the MK802 and the plus versions. Though both held a lot of promise, the present state of technology is not good enough to make these hardy enough even to browse the net without hiccups. And about these sellers from Mainland China the less said the better. You might get the product shipped to you but everything ends there. Returns or refunds is an unknown thing for them. Guarantees of any sort is a thing just in print to boost their sales. Though I am tempted once again with the double antenna(the MK802 and plus version have problems in accessing signals) nd with the heat sink, I would wait till these portable gadgets become more sturdy. The low cost means nothing if the gadgets do not work well. Having said that, movies etc played from a flash drive do exceptionally well,but recommendations are to put a fan to keep the gadgets cool.

The price keeps dropping... I'm getting closer to pull the trigger.

$10 to $15 more on eBay from a US seller...
And great buyer protection....

I'm confused about what this actually does. Does it turn your old tube-type TV basically into an Android tablet/smartphone interface, allowing viewing TV channels via internet? Or what exactly?

LLLosingit said:   Stupid question but What does this mean? "Your order will be sent out once the deal ends. You can check your order status through Order Tracking"

According to the item link it says.

Time Left to Buy
19DAY:10HOUR:50MIN

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but doesn't this mean it won't ship for over 19 days?

It says at the top, "usually ships within 72 hours" so no, it would be bizarre for them or anyone to wait 19 days to ship.

Sk8terboy said:   I'm confused about what this actually does. Does it turn your old tube-type TV basically into an Android tablet/smartphone interface, allowing viewing TV channels via internet? Or what exactly?

It plugs into your TV or receiver by an HDMI port and then it is a wireless PC attached to your TV as the monitor. Anything an Android tablet can do can now be done on your TV, minus the touchscreen that is.

yesidonoitall said:   $10 to $15 more on eBay from a US seller...
And great buyer protection....

Buyer protection? eBay? Have you ever filed a dispute with them? I am currently in a dispute now with a seller and eBay does nothing. In fact, when I contacted PayPal, ironically, they told me I should of never fieled a dispute through eBay but rather through them. The only one that I can ever count on going to bat for me is my credit card company. eBay buyer protection, from my experience, is worthless.

Sk8terboy said:   I'm confused about what this actually does. Does it turn your old tube-type TV basically into an Android tablet/smartphone interface, allowing viewing TV channels via internet? Or what exactly?

Think of as an android based PC that plugs into your newer model TV that has a HDMI port. Or you could get a small LCD/LED screen for your desktop that has HDMI and add a keyboard.

The MK802 was the initial version that came out in May of this year. The "MK" series is a Chinese based PC-on-a-stick, with other manufacturers calling it by different names. About the size of a flash drive, it is basically a computer on a stick, with ports, and the ability to accept a micro SD memory card. The best way to understand them is to view a video on youtube to demo what they do. The main benefit is that the stick is much cheaper & looks better than having a dedicated desktop computer connected to your TV. I understand it also does much more than a multimedia box as it is basically a PC condensed to a stick.

This link will give you an idea of what's out there as far as PCs on a stick go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC-on-a-stick

The MK808 was an improvement over the MK802. The type of processor used allows for frequent upgrade releases. The MK809 was just released, so I'd likely purchase an MK809 over the older MK808, especially since you can get it for the same $50 on eBay or Amazon. Hence, if you aren't going to need one for a few more months, you might want to wait for the post-MK809 version. Also, you'd likely need a $20 mini-QWERTY wireless keyboard that doubles as a remote to control the PC-on-a-stick. These can be secured for $20 on Amazon an sites listed in some other SD threads. See the following link for some history on the MK802.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Mini_PC_MK802

I believe the MK802+, MK802 II, and MK802 III may be names for MK808, but am unsure.

I have read somewhere that this particular model (MK808) has an odd output resolution - it is not 1080p but something lower (1024x768) and there is apparently no way to change that.

raagarwa said:   

I believe the MK802+, MK802 II, and MK802 III may be names for MK808, but am unsure.

Each of them seem to have slightly different specs/design

Where did you find that in eBay? search string? did you include shipping?

it is 720P on my tv, but its only 30" so I cant notice any different.

I really like this thing, I got it a month ago from this website for about the same price. Took about 2 weeks to come. You can install a nintentdo emulator or snes or n64 or sega emulator and download every single game for the systems. You can buy a generic usb game controller from eBay, or buy a replica of any systems actual controller. IT has all the apps you would have on an android phone/tablet. It is great for Slingplayer, ESPN.com GO, Directv nfl sunday ticket, all the major tv network apps, nbc nightly news full broadcasts, and web surfing. Youtube is great for wiggles for the baby.

XBMC beta is out for this now and there is a bluetooth added version for $7 more, I just updated my old thread with links to custom roms and linux distros for these devices.

My Old thread is Here

Yes....one seller was asking $52 shipped from China for an MK809 but was willing to accept $50 shipped. $50 - $70 seems to be range for these. Each generation seems to have some improvements. You'd also want to check the amount of memory they include as that can vary.

skdutta said:   Where did you find that in eBay? search string? did you include shipping?

Search for
MK808

then
US only
BIN
New

Search eBay for
MK809

then
US only
BIN
New

Mine may be a dumb question... When Vizio co-star is available for $99, with a good remote/touchpad/key-bard combo and warranty, support & updates etc why should I chose this MK808/809. Again I need to buy a separate remote with which the total cost will be around $75-80. I am trying to see what is the advantage.

Boochi said:   Mine may be a dumb question... When Vizio co-star is available for $99, with a good remote/touchpad/key-bard combo and warranty, support & updates etc why should I chose this MK808/809. Again I need to buy a separate remote with which the total cost will be around $75-80. I am trying to see what is the advantage.

eBay Vizio costar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VIZIO-Co-Star-Stream-Player-With-Goo...

I have this same MK808 unit from another seller. Here are my observation.
I'm using it on my Sony 60" LED with the wireless Logitech keyboard w/touchpad.

First off, very easy to setup. Plug it into the HDMI port, plug in the power and it turns on. Just like any android product, log into your google account and you are ready to go. PlayStore is already loaded so any apps you have already purchased under your Google account will show up. Running at 1080p, it looks fantastic. Web pages comes up fairly quick with the included wifi built in. The cool part is that the Logitech keyboard comes with a power button to turn the unit off when you are done. However, to turn it on, you have to unplug and replug the power back on. Never did the unit get hot even when I forgot to power it down.

Turn offs are that even with the touch pad, swiping pages is cumbersome. Android is really meant to be used with a touchscreen much like Windows8. However, once you are use to doing things with a touch pad like using two fingers on the pad and pulling down or sideways, that will create the swiping like a touch screen, navigation will become second nature but gets tiring.

I've watch HBOgo on the screen and its pretty cool (running it on the xbox is better though). Definitely a worthwhile product for $50 plus $30 for the keyboard. No lag unlike my modded B&N Nook running ICS, which doesn't have the horsepower to run it, this processor is just right. Can't seem to get my webcam hooked up correctly to do Skype, that would be great when I figure it out.

yesidonoitall said:   Boochi said:   Mine may be a dumb question... When Vizio co-star is available for $99, with a good remote/touchpad/key-bard combo and warranty, support & updates etc why should I chose this MK808/809. Again I need to buy a separate remote with which the total cost will be around $75-80. I am trying to see what is the advantage.

eBay Vizio costar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VIZIO-Co-Star-Stream-Player-With-Goo...

On Amazon it is $100.00 Costar

feel said:   !!!! WARNING !!!!!!!

i was order from them last time Nov 12 with shipping insurance, but still have not received my item yet, i email customer service and they can't found the item, and don't want to get me the refund or send me the replacement item.

save your money, don't buy from them.

I don't doubt this is true, but for others that might be interested I did get mine from the last deal they had. I think I paid $51.99 for it.

And it does run 1080p for those talking about resolution.

I haven't used it much, but I have not been able to change the background. It is like that setting is missing. Weird.

I did receive it too, but i added insurance for 2$(at checkout) took them 2 weeks to deliver. they provide tracking number so you can see where it's at.

Suggested to go with tracking!

thanks just bought

So to get the eBay easy return if there is an issue with it for $10 more is not worth it.

Stay away f/m this In4daed,No Serial Number,No MAC Id,Dead on Arrival, POS. It looks like that the stick hasn`t any wifi hardware installed.
I am now filed a dispute with AMEX .

Boochi said:   Mine may be a dumb question... When Vizio co-star is available for $99, with a good remote/touchpad/key-bard combo and warranty, support & updates etc why should I chose this MK808/809. Again I need to buy a separate remote with which the total cost will be around $75-80. I am trying to see what is the advantage.

Don't count on too many updates as it looks like Google TV is floundering again and may be left to die sometime in the next six months and reviews on the Costar are not stellar with more 1 and 2 star rating than there are 4 and 5 stars.

The same site has a remote for $20 that works with this so total @ $70 is still cheaper but that is still only part of the appeal, they have custom roms for these and linux distributions os these can do a variety of different things muck like the raspberry pi. That and this is dual 1.5ghz core, 1 GB Ram, 8 GB Rom....

reseller ratings had good reviews for them so i bought from this site 3 times and had good luck, you guys having problems might want to review them at reseller ratings Here

joeparker54 said:   I'd also recommend staying away from in4dealz. I currently have an open Paypal dispute with them because they never responded to any emails after my initial complaint that the item was different from the one pictured and spec'd on the site.

totally agree with you. i was wait a month still not see my item, after i ask my refund, they are not reply my email after that. do you know how can i get my money back? and anywhere i can complaint their business?

Skipping 41 Messages...
Well those "2 reviews" you mentioned were posted after I made my post.....it's a relatively new product at the time and I made my post based on the info I had then.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014