• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was looking around for low self discharge NiMH AAA batteries and found these at Hobbypartz:

8-Pack AAA 800mAh NiMH Rechargerable Batteries $6.50. Also have 8 pack of LSD AA NiMH for $12.50 which is okay, but not great. Postage is $4.95 or free for orders over $100. If you buy enough of the AAAs you can get them shipped for less than $1 per battery which is a great price for LSD AAA NiMH these days. I've tried the AA LSD batteries of the same brand and they seems as good as duracell precharged batteries.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/nimhbatteries1.html

Member Summary

8-Pack AAA 800mAh
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Nimh
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$4.95 shipping bumps the per-unit price significantly.

Not nearly as hot as their old prices.

You used to be able to buy 4-packs of the AAA for $2.55 and 4-packs of the AA for $5, with free shipping over $50. Now they have raised their prices 30% and raised the free shipping requirement to $100. Glad I stocked up when I originally posted this deal.

FYI, if you subscribe to their emails, they'll send you a 10% coupon.

These batteries have no brand name. I would only take a chance on them if they were really cheap. Only a 50/50 chance they are any good compared to name brand LSD`s. Maybe they are made by the Chinese firm that makes the black top Duracell - ray-o-vac clones. I have purchased all type (chemistry) cheap Chinese batteries, and they are just that, cheap mostly counterfit junk. Cheap useless junk is not a bargain, even if it were free.

These are EMB brand batteries manufactured by BPI, and many of us have had great results with them, comparable to the more expensive LSD cells like Eneloops or Duracell.

I've had my batteries for months, and have used them in just about every type of device from low-drain remote controls to high-drain flash lights and RC cars/transmitters, kids toys, etc... and these cells haven't dissappointed me once. There are some cells in low-drain devices that I haven't had to charge again since I originally got them. These are good cells, just not quite as hot a deal as they were before considering the pice increase.

Good price if you're willing to take a chance. I've had approximately 40 Ray-O-Vac LSD cells (AA and AAA) for about the last 18 months or so. So far, at least two cells have shown a significant (more than 30%) drop in capacity. Granted, it's a small sample size, but still not very encouraging considering that the cells only went through maybe 10 cycles during that time. I imagine that these off-brands are not much better, and could be significantly worse.

If you don't mind putting up with some failures, these are a good buy, but it's hard to argue with the genuine Eneloops currently on-sale at Costco. $15.99 AC for 10 AA or 12 AAA.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014