Metro 2033 game for PC - FREE

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Go to the THQ Metro Facebook page, Like it. Then the page should refresh automatically. Click on Reveal Code button, approve the app. Ta da!

Instructions on downloading are just below the serial number. You must activate this game on Steam! (Thanks to Wesha for confirming.)

Member Summary

metro 2033 (27.33kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I apologize for the inaccurate information. I activated mine through Steam, since I already use it. When I saw the direc... (more)

fatalfury (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 10:12a) |

Hi Could someone help a Moron. I downloaded this punched it. It installs then craps out on steam, with the message PHysX... (more)

tommyno (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 7:15p) |

Thanks great post

waterplank (Dec. 19, 2012 @ 7:09p) |

You can NOT download a standalone installer. The file "metro2033.exe" is nothing but Steam installer.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › THQ

Alternatively, contribute at least a $1 and get Metro 2033 and several other games from the THQ Humble Bundle.

Thank OP!

* Confirmed working with Steam (comes up as 'Metro 2033 December Giveaway')
* When you first 'Like' the page, you'll have to give permission to their app to retrieve some info about you (email, birthday, etc...)
* The full game download at Steam is 6.6gb

Facebook or Steam? Hmmm.....nope. Thanks anyway OP!

bugsie said:   Facebook or Steam? Hmmm.....nope. Thanks anyway OP!

No to FB I could understand but no to Steam? Are you even a PC gamer?

Hoogineer said:   Alternatively, contribute at least a $1 and get Metro 2033 and several other games from the THQ Humble Bundle.

Yeah, get the Humble Bundle, and Beat the Average for Saint's Row 3. Actually, the main reason I did it was because of SR3 for <$6 (at the time). The other games are just frosting on the cake.

FWIW- SR3 is pretty awesome. Both the wife and I enjoy it.

bugsie said:   Facebook or Steam? Hmmm.....nope. Thanks anyway OP!

I say no to FB as well, but why Steam? Can you elaborate, or share an experience? All four in my immediate household have accounts, and a few of my and my children's friends. I like being paper(disc)less and being able to install on my desktop or laptop for gaming at home or on the go.

I bought this game via Humble Bundle (and 3 others to gift), but did snag a FB code from a friend for my spouse's account.

Great deal OP!

I'm anti FB and have no love for Steam. But I grabbed my free copy, will "un-Like" the FB page, and suffer through Steam when I have to. We just need additional digital distribution options to compete with Steam. It is really sad about THQ

Just to clarify, you do NOT have to use Steam if you don't want to. It's merely an option. The instructions for downloading the game directly from the THQ website are posted right under the activation code.

Sheesh, you guys.

Edit: Wesha has confirmed below that you DO in fact need Steam to activate the game. I apologize for the confusion.

MPoWeRM3 said:   bugsie said:   Facebook or Steam? Hmmm.....nope. Thanks anyway OP!

No to FB I could understand but no to Steam? Are you even a PC gamer?

Yup. I just prefer to have a disc and to pay cash so some company can't track my purchases. That second part is getting tougher and tougher but I prefer my privacy (which explains why I stay FAR awy from FB).

And thanks for the direct link info OP...missed that the first time.

bugsie said:   Yup. I just prefer to have a disc and to pay cash so some company can't track my purchases. That second part is getting tougher and tougher but I prefer my privacy (which explains why I stay FAR awy from FB).
I have a junk Facebook acct with no friends that use for just this kind of stuff.

Is this just me, or THQDemos page no longer exists on facebook?

thqdemos no longer exists...dead?

tsai0610 said:   thqdemos no longer exists...dead?

It's linked from the THQ page:
www.facebook.com/THQ

A more direct link:
http://thq.me/g1jBt

Hoogineer said:   bugsie said:   Yup. I just prefer to have a disc and to pay cash so some company can't track my purchases. That second part is getting tougher and tougher but I prefer my privacy (which explains why I stay FAR awy from FB).
I have a junk Facebook acct with no friends that use for just this kind of stuff.

Aren't ALL FB accounts really just junk?

Thank you, OP.

riznick said:   It's linked from the THQ page:
www.facebook.com/THQ

A more direct link:
http://thq.me/g1jBt

Thanks riznick! I updated the link in my post.

thanks OP!

Thanks OP, in for one.

All you download through "instructions for downloading the game directly from the THQ website" (metro2033.exe) is Steam installer. There is NO standalone installer. BS.

Wesha said:   This is BS, all you download through "instructions for downloading the game directly from the THQ website" (metro2033.exe) is Steam installer.
my god you people will complain about anything. it's a free game. not interested in it? keep moving along then.

all videogame deals should be done through facebook so we can see who has no friends LOL

tek2k said:   Wesha said:   This is BS, all you download through "instructions for downloading the game directly from the THQ website" (metro2033.exe) is Steam installer.
my god you people will complain about anything. it's a free game. not interested in it? keep moving along then.

With that kind of thinking, I bet your computer is quite spyware riddled. I mean, all those toolbars and icon packs and weatherbugs are free, right?

"It's a free game". Of course it is! Stuff I can't use, should better be.

I apologize for the inaccurate information. I activated mine through Steam, since I already use it. When I saw the direct download .exe, I assumed that it was a standalone executable. I will update the original post. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Could someone help a Moron. I downloaded this punched it. It installs then craps out on steam, with the message PHysXLoader.dll is missing please try to reinstall>>> Did, still don't work for me? Help Comrades!!

Sorry, got it, use Reinstall (which Validates) not just a clean install shutdown steam and it Ran> Sorry Comrades

Thanks great post

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014