• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
All three carriers including ATT, Sprint, Verizon have a $149.99 16 GB iPhone 5 @ RadioShack. Also, $49.99 iPhone 4S on all three carriers. Both models are 16GB and larger memory sizes are discounted as well. Deal is continuing until further notice.

RadioShack
See RadioShack coupons that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iphone 5 (19.66kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
iPhone 5s was announced to come out in June

pastorj1051 (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 11:28p) |

pastorj1051 (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 11:28p) |

If anyone is looking we were able to get the phone at target and use the coupon for 10 gc sale of 50 by adding candy ba... (more)

Jlovey2 (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 9:04p) |

• Also categorized in:

So tempted......

The problem is I like both the S3 and the iPhone 5. Now to boot I really like the Note 2.

What to do, what to do?

I just bought the Iphone 5 @ Best Buy. Damn it!

The Verizon ETF is $350. So you can get an unlocked 16gb iPhone 5 for:

$149.99 - iPhone 5
$350 - ETF
$35 - Activation
$80 - First Month
----
$614.99

Which saves you around $35 compared to the unlocked iPhone. Benefit for the Verizon one is it works on International LTE bands, unlike the unlocked GSM iPhone which only works on the lame AT&T bands.

The best buy deal is better (5000 reward points), but it's unclear if you keep the points if you break your contract.

BestBuy is offering additional 500+4500 reward point (=$100 Giftcard) for the Iphone5 at $150+tax

rvinever said:   BestBuy is offering additional 500+4500 reward point (=$100 Giftcard) for the Iphone5 at $150+tax

Unfortunately, this offer expired as of midnight. I called BestBuy and they confirmed the change. We snooze, we lose.

The RewardZone site shows $199 with bonus. Or it's $149 from Best Buy without bonus.

aautorepair said:   you can get the galaxy sIII for free,,,sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

so what? I can get Nokia 5250 free too....

Does "get $10.00 back for every $50.00" apply? (Radio Shack is offering this right now) The only thing it mentions in the q&a is you can't use the vouchers for Apple products, but doesn't mention whether BUYING an apple product allows you to get the vouchers?

i really need a new phone soon, tempting

aautorepair said:   you can get the galaxy sIII for free,,,sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Where do you see it for free? I see it listed for 99.00.

mannyv, Is Sprint also GSM?

WalMart same or better price too?

TheGMan said:   mannyv, Is Sprint also GSM?
No. Sprint is CDMA.

Vipergts96 said:   Does "get $10.00 back for every $50.00" apply? (Radio Shack is offering this right now) The only thing it mentions in the q&a is you can't use the vouchers for Apple products, but doesn't mention whether BUYING an apple product allows you to get the vouchers?

Yes, the coupons arrive in your inbox within seven days. However, in my experience they were received within two days. Vouchers good on everything except Apple products, Dr. Dre products and prepaid airtime.

Yeah, it's really a hot deal. Thanks for taking time to share this deal.

Friendly Reminder: Buy your iphone through RadioShack Website instead of B&M. Website don't charge you sales tax. I just bought a S3 from RadioShack website and no sales tax, I live in Calif. save $60~$70. Also, add a filler then you can get 3 $10 coupons. That mean $119 for an iphohe5.

which is the best carrier , cost wise? I need unlimited data and won't use more than 300 minutes...doesn't have to be the quickest data. I'm looking at Sprint, $80 a month...can I do better?

I see Samsung Galaxy S3 $30 AR at Costco for T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy S3 for $179
- $50 Costco cash card
- $100 MIR from T-Mobile (data plan required)
= $30 + tax

2 year contract required.

Alexckyan said:   Friendly Reminder: Buy your iphone through RadioShack Website instead of B&M. Website don't charge you sales tax. I just bought a S3 from RadioShack website and no sales tax, I live in Calif. save $60~$70. Also, add a filler then you can get 3 $10 coupons. That mean $119 for an iphohe5.

RadioShack does not sell the iPhone online due to licensing requirements.

lilstabber said:   which is the best carrier , cost wise? I need unlimited data and won't use more than 300 minutes...doesn't have to be the quickest data. I'm looking at Sprint, $80 a month...can I do better?
Sprint cost wise would be the lowest. $88 ish a month depending upon taxes where you live. If you belong to a credit union, you can get a 10% discount as well as get the activation fee/upgrade fee credited back on your second bill.

Thanks Fatwallet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just called at&t to get a price match on our iphone that we purchased 3 weeks ago for 199 got 50 credit.............. Fatwallet rocks. At&t is a messed up marketing their stores still selling them for 199 and the subcontractors can sell them fro 149 how screwy is that. Their marketing dept needs some mental help.

Thanks Fatwallet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just called at&t to get a price match on our iphone that we purchased 3 weeks ago for 199 got 50 credit.............. Fatwallet rocks. At&t is a messed up marketing their stores still selling them for 199 and the subcontractors can sell them fro 149 how screwy is that. Their marketing dept needs some mental help.

mannyv said:   The Verizon ETF is $350. So you can get an unlocked 16gb iPhone 5 for:

$149.99 - iPhone 5
$350 - ETF
$35 - Activation
$80 - First Month
----
$614.99

Which saves you around $35 compared to the unlocked iPhone. Benefit for the Verizon one is it works on International LTE bands, unlike the unlocked GSM iPhone which only works on the lame AT&T bands.

The best buy deal is better (5000 reward points), but it's unclear if you keep the points if you break your contract.

Do know that Simplexity charges an extra $200 fee on top of the ETF if you end your contract in the first 6 months. They are the actual vendor handling wireless sales for RadioShack, as well as a lot of other retailers offering wireless service/phones (WalMart, Amazon, Newegg, Wirefly, among many others).

They let you know of this in their "Instant Savings Terms" or some ridiculous BS like that; you'll see it at checkout. It's something along the lines of "our deals are so incredible that we just have to screw you over if you end the contract early!" I'd go with a vendor that doesn't pull this crap...the carriers don't (aside from their own ETFs), and I'm pretty certain Bestbuy doesn't either.

EDIT: Radioshack Wireless Terms of Purchase. I was wrong; they actually charge you $400 if you terminate your smartphone contract early. So that means you would be paying $750 total in fees plus the cost of the phone. Absolutely absurd.

Would the iPhone 4S work with Virgin Mobile? They have a $30/mo (after $5/mo off for auto pay) plan for iPhones. Unlimited data and text, 300 minutes talk.

When does this promotion (Radio Shack) expire?

They must be coming out with a 5S soon, with all of the discounting already.

pobox2001 said:   Would the iPhone 4S work with Virgin Mobile? They have a $30/mo (after $5/mo off for auto pay) plan for iPhones. Unlimited data and text, 300 minutes talk.
Probably not, unless you buy the 5 or 4s from VM.
VM runs on Sprint network & their CDMA technology

target has similar pricing for at&t 4s 16gb black I'm going to get my daughter one tomorrow with my sons upgrade. I'll give him her phone but, I guess I'll have to replace her battery. Oh and find a guy case for it. I'm planning to try to get the 10 dollar gc for spending 50. I dont see an fine print restrictions.

I also wanted to add that at least in NE pa it seems marshalls and Tj Max have a glut of cases for I phone 4s

If anyone is looking we were able to get the phone at target and use the coupon for 10 gc sale of 50 by adding candy bars. Oddly enough my red card wouldnt give me my 5% Cash Back at all so they had to give me a manual credit. I now have a happy teen and am in negotiations with AT&T for a microcell to improve our service. I will then get the 4th smart phone and do the new family share plan and possibly after seeing how well the microcell works give up most of the fancy stuff on our land line phone

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014