• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Microsoft Store is selling the Asus VivoTab TF810C for $799 and includes the keyboard dock (verified through customer support's live chat).

This is full Windows 8, not RunTime. You can install legacy software on this. It's 11.6" and has a Wacom stylus.

Microsoft Store
See Microsoft Store coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus VivoTab T810C (5.86kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Asus VivoTab TF810C (14.27kB)
Thanks Ashoro
Disclaimer
The ASUS VivoTab tablet is amazingly versatile and powerful for something so small- you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. It's sleek and slim, and features an 11.6-inch touchscreen display that brings to life the touch-enabled features of Windows 8. And because it provides up to 10.5 hours of battery life*, the VivoTab is ready for work or play, no matter where you are.

- Windows 8 lets you easily switch between apps, zoom to the stuff you want, rearrange tiles, and so much more
- Easy to take anywhere with a weight of just 1.5 pounds and ultra-thin profile of 0.3 inches
- 11.6-inch Super IPS display delivers super-bright and clear images, video, and text
- Capture sharp images with the 2-megapixel front camera and 8-megapixel auto-focus rear camera with flash
- MicroSD card reader built-in, so you can easily store and share your photos, music, and more
- SonicMaster audio technology ensures crystal-clear sound
- Includes stylus pen and sleeve
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus

Intel Atom.. bleh... I'm waiting for the Core i5 or Core i7 or better tablet/convertibles...

yourwishismine said:   Intel Atom.. bleh... I'm waiting for the Core i5 or Core i7 or better tablet/convertibles...

Bleh. I have a Samsung Ativ 500t with Atom and it runs perfectly - super smooth AND 11 hours battery life. Good luck getting more than 5 hours out of your i7 powered tablet.

yourwishismine said:   Intel Atom.. bleh... I'm waiting for the Core i5 or Core i7 or better tablet/convertibles...

Core i5 and i7 does not support Active Idle. This isn't any Atom processor, it's Clover Trail. It supports active idle. Just turn off the screen, not the tablet, and let it enter active idle using 1/20th of the power but still keeping your apps running and updated. Whole point of a tablet is to be able to just turn it on instantly (aka only turning off the monitor), for Core i5 and i7 you will have to put it in sleep, hibernation, or shutdown.

But if that's really what you want, then get an Asus Taichi that uses a Core i5 processor and has two LCD screens.

I placed my order and confirmed if the keyboard was included with a Rep. Twice I was told that it was! I should have it next week, will tell if the KB was included.

Received my order today. No keyboard dock. Talked to customer support via online chat. They will be placing a new order free of charge for just the keyboard dock.

The folio has a place to put the stylus, but sadly there is no socket in the tablet itself for the stylus. I am not sure if the keyboard dock will fit in the folio along with the tablet or not as well, it might be tablet only.

Now they're saying I can't get the keyboard dock.

Well, received mine today as well - NO keyboard. I'm disappointed to say the least. I spoke with a Microsoft Store customer service rep who supplied Asus' phone number and told me that I would simply need to register the tablet in order to receive the keyboard - great! Asus dashed my hopes however, as they told me there is a keyboard redemption program for the Tf600t not the Tf810c. They told me to call Microsoft and obtain additional info such as a program number. Spoke to a different rep at Microsoft this time and was told that their website DOES NOT state that the tab comes with a keyboard. I agreed and said "yeah but it shows a keyboard in the pics and it doesn't say that it's NOT included, plus the phone agent told me it comes with the tablet before I ordered". I then asked to have the case elevated but suspect it will be a fruitless effort. So, I will either have to return the tab or shell out for the dock. $850 (after tax) seems like alot for what comes in the box (no keyboard), which I opened to see if the dock was hiding in there. I just hope they don't give me a hassle now if I choose to return it. The only thing I'm wondering is if Asus might start a redemption program in January for the Tf810c dock since the current one on the 600 ends Dec 31st...?

I also escalated, the manager she would get back to me by that night, she hasn't yet.

Worst case I will return it after having played with it, and go buy a bundled one at Sam's Club for $928 plus tax. My screen is also somewhat defective...

Ashore, I too had a similar experience with Microsoft. I was told four different time that the keyboard was included. And when the tablet arrived, no Kb. Then when I tried using the tablet it was password protected. Called asus and the outcome was that someone played with the unit prior to shipping. The unit did not appeared tampered with at all, but you can play with it without opening the seal. Now I have to wait for a replacement.

Ashore, I too had a similar experience with Microsoft. I was told four different time that the keyboard was included. And when the tablet arrived, no Kb. Then when I tried using the tablet it was password protected. Called asus and the outcome was that someone played with the unit prior to shipping. The unit did not appeared tampered with at all, but you can play with it without opening the seal. Now I have to wait for a replacement.

You're going to keep it even if they don't compensate you somehow?

It's a common deal to include the keyboard dock with the asus 600 series RT based tablet, but ive never seen them offer it with the cf810 clovertrail tablet. The microsoft reps are just confused on the model. IMO, the $399 microcenter deal on the acer w510 is still the microsoft tablet deal to beat.

Sam's Club and other stores do sell the TF810C bundled with the keyboard. Microsoft's online store doesn't even list the TF810C keyboard dock separately as an item for purchase, so of course you would assume they only sell it bundled. This is full Windows 8, not RT, why would you want it usable only as a tablet? The Samsung ATIV is typically sold bundled with the keyboard and is only $750 as a bundle, and there was even a $100 Amazon promotion, but it's not as well built as the Asus.

Any luck with getting of keyboard dock from the Microsoft store? Without kb it is not worth $800 IMO.

The Microsoft Store Rep just said that it would come without a keyboard and it should be purchased separately despite the picture at the web site. The cost of the keyboard is $170 plus shipping and tax which brings this toy's fully equipped price total above $1000. The price will possibly drop because of the competition and demand for this type of device. I am starting to shop for an ultrabook for now.

I'm waiting for a factory bundled deal from MacMall and then returning the Microsoft one. Microsoft has since changed their stock images. They offered a $25 coupon for my next purchase, but that is hardly worth it.

MacMall does not have the bundle even in preorder. How do you know that it will be available soon?

What difference is there between this and the Vivotab smart which is way cheaper

parasitius said:   What difference is there between this and the Vivotab smart which is way cheaper

Better build quality for one I bet. Case popped and creaked on the Smart I got so it's RMA'd and I wrote them a letter explaining why a $500 tablet shouldn't do that. And why I took 3 for the first Transformers back and finally got a Galaxy Tab 8.9

We'll see what happens. Blogged it, and put it on their FB page. It ain't that hard, Asus.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014