• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This website has coupon code 15OFF that is valid on Bugaboo. Bugaboo normally seems to be excluded at retailers. That brings price of the 2012 Cameleon down to $637.50 after $112 savings is applied to the $750 sale price.

Member Summary

bugaboo (44.60kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Wow, what deal! $637 for a baby stroller you'll use for a year. Red hot.

perfect for strolling down chestnut street on saturday in san francisco, decked out in your lululemon yoga gear

is this thing gold plated?

nomonies said:   is this thing gold plated?

No, it's just another way rich people can waste money.

Haters be hatin. We loved ours and sold it a few years later for only slightly less than we paid for it. Nice if it's in you budget. Nicely built and the bassinet was great.

for that price, it should come with a servant that's going to push it for you.

jcvelbar said:   Nice if it's in you budget.

No room in the budget with our new brand new 24k solid gold toilet.

genuine question and not threadcrap. What's so good about this thing? I've never done my due diligence on one of these things and would like to know what justifies the higher price. I mean does it have some special safety features? does it fold more compactly so it can get inside a small car?

jesoon said:    I mean does it have some special safety features? does it fold more compactly so it can get inside a small car?

No and no. It's just another example of paying a silly premium for a name. Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with the iBugaboo soon and charge double.

jesoon said:   genuine question and not threadcrap. What's so good about this thing? I've never done my due diligence on one of these things and would like to know what justifies the higher price. I mean does it have some special safety features? does it fold more compactly so it can get inside a small car?
THIS Bugaboo test is what separates a quality stroller from lesser brands. Obviously worth the price if you use it in this real world setting. Can your so called "affordable" stroller pass the bumper test? I think not. At almost 50% off, I say this is hot. Watermelon included YMMV. "Playtime is over"

abscess said:   perfect for strolling down chestnut street on saturday in san francisco, decked out in your lululemon yoga gearHey! Those be fightin' words, son. Lululemon may be expensive, but coming from someone who spends almost 50% of their days in workout clothes (and actually uses them for their intended purpose), they make some of the best gear. I'm a cheapskate, but there are some things you pay for to get the superior quality, especially when it is such a large component of your lifestyle. I used to buy cheaper brands, but I started buying Lululemon a couple years ago and what I bought back then is still kicking as strong as ever.

jesoon said:   genuine question and not threadcrap. What's so good about this thing? I've never done my due diligence on one of these things and would like to know what justifies the higher price. I mean does it have some special safety features? does it fold more compactly so it can get inside a small car?

It's a stroller. The same way a cheap one from Target is. You are paying a premium for a precision crafted product that has versatility (the bassinet later becomes a seat, changeable fabric colors, etc.) that some less expensive products don't. Think basic Kia vs. BMW. Both are cars that will get you from point A to B. IF IT'S IN YOUR BUDGET, the Bugaboo is a well made premium product. For something that will be used almost every day for a long period of time, for some people, it makes since. For some people, a basic stroller will do just fine. Others will spend more for the reasons outlined above.

It's the same discussion had here over many products time and time again, premium quality v. basic product.

@ShaneM lol I know they make quality stuff, I'm wearing a Lululemon hoodie right now

I'll add this to my list with my $175 Uggs LOL

You got to pay for quality.

Hi,
Coupon is expired. Do you happen to have another?
Thank you.

awesome- I grew up on chestnut street back in the day when it was normal- now its chock full of posers.

paying 600 plus dollars for a stroller is like paying a 1000 dollars for a sandwich.

jcvelbar said:   jesoon said:   genuine question and not threadcrap. What's so good about this thing? I've never done my due diligence on one of these things and would like to know what justifies the higher price. I mean does it have some special safety features? does it fold more compactly so it can get inside a small car?

It's a stroller. The same way a cheap one from Target is. You are paying a premium for a precision crafted product that has versatility (the bassinet later becomes a seat, changeable fabric colors, etc.) that some less expensive products don't. Think basic Kia vs. BMW. Both are cars that will get you from point A to B. IF IT'S IN YOUR BUDGET, the Bugaboo is a well made premium product. For something that will be used almost every day for a long period of time, for some people, it makes since. For some people, a basic stroller will do just fine. Others will spend more for the reasons outlined above.

It's the same discussion had here over many products time and time again, premium quality v. basic product.

No..again, you are paying for the name. It's cute you try to blend the three...but anyone out of their tween years knows....there is a big difference between paying for basic, paying for quality, and then paying an additional premium for a certain name/brand. You can get the same quality for a lot less than $637.

You are free to spend your money anyway you chose...but unless you work for their marketing dept...it does nothing to spin the facts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014