• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Text

Free shipping. Add to cart to see price.

$2000 at Amazon with 28 reviews and a 4.5 star rating. Text

Google reports $2800@ BestBuy and $2500 at WalMart. Next lowest price is $1,745.60 at Aztekcomputers.

Member Summary

WD-82742
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

2D + Depth
StreamTV™ Internet Media
Wireless Internet Ready (Optional Adapter)
Internal 3D Glasses IR Emitter
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Remote Control App
Remote PC Desktop - VNC

Son lucky to find this deal. Thanks a lot.

nice. wifi ready and 3d compatible. I love the Mitsub's DLP's

TV rocks, thanks OP.

B&M only.

thebigo said:   B&M only.

I'm sure shipping would have killed the deal.

Those of you near an American TV ( WI,IL IA,MI) they price match online prices. They also stock this TV in most locations however rebrand it as a MEVSA WD-82742. Hold your ground and demand a price match.

http://www.americantv.com/productpage/MEVSA-WD-82742-82_inch_Cla...

kingaroonie said:   nice. wifi ready and 3d compatible. I love the Mitsub's DLP's

Too bad they're all being discontinued. I wonder if we'll see further price cuts.

steveoreno said:   Those of you near an American TV ( WI,IL IA,MI) they price match online prices. They also stock this TV in most locations however rebrand it as a MEVSA WD-82742. Hold your ground and demand a price match.

http://www.americantv.com/productpage/MEVSA-WD-82742-82_inch_Cla...

Is this a bad joke? Are you kidding me?

I'm really sad to hear this.I love my 65" It's affordable, it's big.
What more do people want?

This tv size is making me rethink getting rid of the projector and 100" screen.

reybie said:   This tv size is making me rethink getting rid of the projector and 100" screen.
Mitsubishi has a 92" that's I've been drooling over.

kingaroonie said:   reybie said:   This tv size is making me rethink getting rid of the projector and 100" screen.
Mitsubishi has a 92" that's I've been drooling over.

That one is nice but a little steep on the price. This 82" is a little more on par as price with a decent 1080p projector. I'll drool with you

reybie said:   This tv size is making me rethink getting rid of the projector and 100" screen.

A decent home theater projector will require quite a bit more work to set up than this DLP TV, but will give you a much better image. I've got a friend with a 65" Mitsubishi that looks washed out compared to most HDTVs, has a limited viewing angle, and was much less impressive, notwithstanding the higher resolution, than my old 720p projector and its 110" display. My old projector died and I picked up a cheap Acer H5360 720p unit from Newegg as a stopgap measure until the prices of 1080p 3D projectors drop (currently about $1300-1500) on sale for the princely sum of $420 after FatCash and I'd say that its image is still quite a bit better than my friend's Mitsubishi, which six years ago cost him about 10x as much as my Acer. The new Acer is a light cannon - I can watch it with all my lights on, even with the bulb in the econo. mode.

Obviously, a big DLP is a lot easier than a projector - once you wrangle it into position, all you need to do is plug it in, plus there are some rooms that just aren't suited for placement of a projector and screen. But projectors give a better image that can be seen from any angle and if your room allows for it, a significantly bigger image. Anyone interested in learning more about projectors should check out the projector sub-forum on AVSForum:

AVS Forums Under-$3,000 Projector Forum

Aside from the extra effort in set up and the need for many of them to have a light-controlled room, the biggest problem with home theater projectors is the lack of display models out there for potential customers to demo and see in person. They take up a lot of space, plus give so much better bang-for-the-buck than regular HDTVs that they would take away a lot of HDTV customers and drive down profit margins at a lot of shops that rely on selling HDTVs. Higher end A/V stores may have one or two projectors set up in one of their smaller demo rooms and while they will typically be higher end ($5000 or more) projectors, the improvements in image quality from a basic model to a high-end one will be rather incremental and you'd get a decent idea of what even a current budget $700 1080p projector would look like if you've never seen a projector in action before.

This tech stepped right out of 1997. Why not buy a LCD instead? This is a PROJECTION television.

Electronifan said:   This tech stepped right out of 1997. Why not buy a LCD instead? This is a PROJECTION television.

Uhhnhh .... Duhhhh...... Because an LCD this size costs 3-5x as much? Nice Marie Antoinette response.

cool

I hear that 2012 was the last year that Mitsubishi would be making DLP TV's .

CePro article December 2012

Might have to grab one while I can.

Thanks OP.

Edit: better info link on the subject.

None available here in north Dallas with 4 Fry's store

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014