Disclaimer

Class on Demand $100 Black Card
Disclaimer
Amazon sells the following bundle:

Canon T4i DSLR camera with 18-55mm lens +
Canon 55-250mm Lens +
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories-Black+
Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card +
Class on Demand $100 Black Card (Redeemable for online training courses in Video Editing, Lighting, Graphics, Animation, Cameras, Windows and Mac Operating Systems and IT)

Add them all to your cart.
For 55-250MM lens discount apply code GNWNIQRV
Total: $704 with free shipping

P.S. Buy a Qualifying Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR Camera and Save $150 on Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens

For a limited time, save $150 on the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens with the purchase of a Canon Rebel T4i DSLR camera kit from Amazon.com. To take advantage of this offer, simply add the qualifying products from the list below to your Shopping Cart and enter promotional code GNWNIQRV.

Offer valid through January 5, 2013 or while supplies last. Applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site. To receive any of the discounts above, all qualifying Bonus items must be purchased and shipped together with the qualifying camera in the same order to a single address using the same ship option.

Save on the Combined Purchase of Select Canon DSLR Cameras, Lenses, Printers, and/or Photo Paper

Save $300 on Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens with a Canon EOS 7D or 60D DLSR cameras [WE7H2SQY]

Save $150 on Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II lens with a Canon EOS Rebel T4i, T3i, and T3 DSLR cameras [GNWNIQRV]

Save $150 on Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens with a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, and T3 DSLR cameras [MIVIL56R]

Member Summary

Canon T4i
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
post removed.

jyzhang (Dec. 17, 2012 @ 5:18p) |

So it looks like the bag and SD are out of the deal now.

I am on the checkout page and I am not sure what this is referri... (more)

buckeye90 (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 8:58p) |

So My Cart looks like this. Trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger or go with the 18-135mm lens kit. Thoughts?... (more)

buckeye90 (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 9:05p) |

make sure to use promo code "GNWNIQRV" for 150 off the lens. Per "masher4077"
Also this UV filter should be free with this deal. Per "Bugs" (see his link)
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For extra $200 get the STM lens

leachs225 said:   For extra $200 get the STM lens

Did you mean with 18-135mm EF-S IS STM Lens ($799.99)?
Best all-in-one lens rather than 18-55mm + 55-250mm?

You can swap out the backpack for the Canon 2400 bag if you want. Either is free.

Canon bag: Text

Also this UV filter should be free with this deal: Text

In 4 this deal tonight. Used some gift cards and AMEX reward points to top it off and came out pretty good overall.

Great deal.

Don't know why my sub-total is $160 more expensive..
Total before tax: $871.53

make sure to use promo code "GNWNIQRV" for 150 off the lens.

Bugs said:   You can swap out the backpack for the Canon 2400 bag if you want. Either is free.

In 4 this deal tonight. Used some gift cards and AMEX reward points to top it off and came out pretty good overall.

Thanks OP, I finaly pulled the triger.

The UV filter is also free. Thanks "Bugs"

Cow the other 10 dollar difference is probably the 2% CashBack you get from Amazon for the deal. http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_365445562_1?ie=UTF8&node=58...

Huge purchase for me. I've been waiting on a good dslr deal for a long time. Thanks!

Thanks. I added the filter to my T3 purchase for free. BTW the sd card is OOS.

Bugs said:   You can swap out the backpack for the Canon 2400 bag if you want. Either is free.

SD Card is not working

debanjanc said:   SD Card is not working

You have to make sure that it is sold by Amazon itself.
It was out of stock earlier today, but right now it is back in stock.

great deal... I wish I had the money to spend

Markfaafp said:   great deal... I wish I had the money to spend

Good point! I'm still debating myself whether I want to blow $704-799 (if bought with 18-135mm STM lens) on this deal and have this fancy DSLR collecting dust on my shelf. For someone who, has a few decent point-and-shoot cameras, and uses camera only a few times a year, or even less, it is probably a waste of money, especially in this economy. I should have bought refurbished T2i+18-55mm kit from Canon for around $300, after cash backs, a few weeks ago. Now that was a great value.

It is in stock now, but if you add now total will be more than 704.

hav an unused T4i body, if any one intrested..

I took the plunge. came to $704... with the standard bag and $730 (something) with the Canon bag. So i kept the standard bag...

Thanks for all who contributed!

Did you add the SD card ? It did not work for me with the price: 704

Yes... make sure the card is from Amazon (it will default to 3rd party).

Delivery estimate: December 14, 2012 Price
1 of: Canon EOS Rebel T4i 18.0 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm EF-S IS II Lens [Electronics]
By: CANON
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$599.00

Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 of: Class on Demand $100 Black Card [Electronics]
$100.00

1 of: Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS16GSDHC10E) [Personal Computers]
$12.52

1 of: AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories-Black [Camera]
$29.00

1 of: Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter [Camera]
$6.61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 of: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras [Camera]
By: CANON
$255.00

Item(s) Subtotal: $1,002.13
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$6.61
Promotion Applied: -$12.52
Promotion Applied: -$100.00
Promotion Applied: -$29.00
55-250 PROMO: -$150.00
-----
Total before tax: $704.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00

Thanks, it worked for me now. I also confirmed that only this bakpack works with this deal, the Canon bag does not work.

the class on demand doesnt subtract at the end for me, the only way I get 704 is if I remove the class on demand. Is that part of the deal dead?

nevermind, had to do it 3 times and then it worked, lol

is the T4i that much better than the T3i?

From researching recently, the t4i is mainly better for video (it has an autofocus feature) & it has a touch screen.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-Rebel-T4i-vs-Canon-T3i

T4i has better autofocus and cool touch screen. Images about the same. The video autofocus feature is useless. This deal is not near as good as the original T3i Amazon deal ($500 for the camera kit w/ lens, card, bag, & 3 additional lenses) but it's better than most the T3i deals out there now.

ash =o)

Looks like price went up $100.

misterFRUGAL said:   is the T4i that much better than the T3i?

The T4i has a much, much better auto focus system for **still photos** than the T3i. It is like night and day.

The T4i got the same autofocus system that is in the 60D. It has 9 cross-type auto focus points, plus a precision center auto focus point. The T3i had only 1 cross type point (center point.) That is especially important in low light, or with lower contrast/harder to focus subjects.

I don't know how so many reviewers don't get this, unless they have never really owned or used both cameras. I sold my T3i when I got the T4i in June. The T4i is a great camera, "5 Stars" at this price point, an all around stills-and-video camera. I would give the T3i "3 Stars" in comparison. I used the T3i mostly for video.

Here is a comparison from Amazon of the T3i to the 60D auto focus. Substitute "T4I' for "60D":

"Probably the biggest and most significant difference between the two is the focusing system. The T3i uses the same focusing system as the other Rebels -- a system designed for the old 30D. It's a 9 point focus system. ......

There's an improved (and more expensive) version of the sensor called the "cross type" sensor. It has higher precision, is faster, and detects phase in two directions at the same time (both horizontally and vertically). Hence the name "cross type".

On a T3i only the center point is a cross-type sensor. All other AF points are either horizontal or vertical. On a 60D, ALL auto-focus points are cross-type. The 60D has a much better focusing system. It's faster, more accurate, and more predictive (the computer can actually track subjects moving toward or away from you and predict where the correct focus point will be at the moment when the shutter opens. "

Price is back to $599.99

$704 shipped.

Great price

Got it today at $704 price. Sending back the t3i deal I got for $570 a few weeks back.

Are the photog classes offered helpful?

good deal, though not as good as the t3i deal after sale of 75-300mm lens. almost 200 difference. the t4i is not a $200 better camera; minor incremental changes.

"much better auto focus"? pffft... enjoy the kool aid; they're both great

hakujin said:   good deal, though not as good as the t3i deal after sale of 75-300mm lens. almost 200 difference. the t4i is not a $200 better camera; minor incremental changes.

"much better auto focus"? pffft... enjoy the kool aid; they're both great

On the autofocus point, the difference is 9 cross-type AF points in the T4i vs. 1 cross-type and 8 single axis AF points in the T3i. Mainly that's going to matter in low light.

As for low light, T4i will do better because it has a Digic5 processor and higher available ISO. How many usable shots you'll get at max ISO I'm not sure, as I've not seen side-by-side pictures. But as noted by others the biggest difference is if you want to shoot video -- T4i supports STM lenses which will autofocus while shooting video. T3i does not. The rest of the differences are fairly trivial.

So I'd say if you are going to shoot video or in low light, get the T4i. If you're going to shoot stills in daylight, get the T3i and save the money.

dunno, i'm not taking shots at those uber high ISO speeds because they become too noisy either way you go; both cameras can be great in low light; what matters is the lens. get a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II prime.

as many have already attested, the video auto focus is indeed trivial at best and largely junk (and I quote)

"The much-touted continuous autofocus for video takes several seconds to find its mark. It's annoying for video. For photography, it's excruciating, with its unpredictable, hugely disappointing performance."

and if you're not buying the STM lens (NOT at this price): click click click click click click click click; manual wins

as far as your either or, you get the t4i because the t3i deal is no longer available. both deals available, the t3i trumps on a cost value basis despite ISO difference and certainly not inferior in the video dept. i.e. one needn't relegate themselves to 'daylight only' shots w/ the t3i, that's entirely glib. each are great cameras; but if you think the incremental changes are worth a couple hundred more, then go for it.

to add, if you're not getting the STM lens in lieu of the aforementioned kit lens, then the AF video argument is moot anyway.

Does anyone know if you can stack the 10% off coupon for orders over $100?

Both are great cameras, T3i deal is dead so the question is moot. Most got the T3i for $200 - $300 less than this so it's not worth the marginal upgrade.

Compare all ISO ranges and camera models here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-650d-rebel-t4i/17

The t4i appears to be much better higher ISOs. If you look at the RAW image though it almost looks worse.

cashen said:   Compare all ISO ranges and camera models here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-650d-rebel-t4i/17

The t4i appears to be much better higher ISOs. If you look at the RAW image though it almost looks worse.

that's because it is worse.

"Looking at the graph it's interesting to note that the 650D also shows higher noise levels than its predecessor, the EOS 600D, throughout nearly the entire range of ISO values"

So higher ISO = yes

where ISO values are same, it's [marginally] worse than the 600D.

Larger question is why would a consumer take an image at more than 12,800 ISO? Unless you are maybe a paparazzi in the dark or journalist, a slow shutter will be optimal, esp combined w/ prime lens where telephoto is unnecessary . If you are in need of either, well... you're probably not buying a budget DSLR anyway and instead opting for a Mark III

a T4i is a great camera and I would like that touch screen where prices were equal, but let's not kid ourselves shall we. It's not even a $100 better camera. The video AF is known to suck balls (and requires a STM lens to be marginally effective); ISOs that high are not practical.

the strongest upgrades are the touch screen, digic 5 refinement, and more points on the AF system.

Agree with Hakujin, the ISO difference is a wash. For a clean photo, your ISO should rarely exceed 400 or 800 -- maybe 1600 at the far end. Even in most low-light conditions ISO 800 paired with a low f-stop and steady hand (1/4th to 1/2-second exposures) should be enough to get the shot. And even in darker situations, you're much better off finding a place to rest the camera for stability (a table, low wall, window ledge, anything will work) and boosting your exposure instead of boosting your ISO.

...wonder if this deal is over for good this time....or will it revive...one more time ?

Skipping 3 Messages...
So My Cart looks like this. Trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger or go with the 18-135mm lens kit. Thoughts? Thanks.

Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter

$6.61

Quantity: 1 Change

Canon EOS Rebel T4i 18.0 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm EF-S IS II Lens

by CANON

$649.00

$150 off the Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

by CANON

$255.00

$150 off the Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens

Add gift options
Items shipped from Amazon.com
Choose your Prime Logo shipping speed:
FREE Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
FREE Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
$3.99/item One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

Class on Demand $100 Black Card

$100.00

Temporarily out of stock.

Order Summary
Items (4): $1,010.61
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$6.61
Promotion Applied: -$100.00
55-250 PROMO: -$150.00
Total before tax: $754.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Order Total: $754.00

Qualifying offers:

55-250 PROMO
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.