• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

COVERAGE SNAPSHOT AS OF 2012-12-12
Disclaimer
TYPE IN YOUR ZIP CODE TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY!
http://www.freedompop.com

TYTBUDGET

Endgadget
December 12, 2012

FREEDOMPOP BRINGS FREE WIRELESS INTERNET TO THE HOME WITH HUB BURST MODEM AND ROUTER

If you happen to live in an area that's served by Clearwire's WiMAX network, then you may be interested to learn of a new home internet service that's very aggressive on the pricing front. FreedomPop has announced a free broadband service that'll offer 1GB of data consumption per month. Not to stop there, heavier users can sign up for a $9.99 monthly subscription that provides 10GB of data usage, or take advantage of a pay-as-you-go option that costs $0.005 per megabyte ($5/GB). Also of note, free users will be able to earn additional data by engaging friends and participating in promotions.

FreedomPop's service will launch in conjunction with the Hub Burst, a 4G modem and router that costs $89, which is available for pre-order now and is set to ship next month. The Hub Burst offers two Ethernet jacks -- useful for your desktop or home entertainment setup -- along with support for 802.11b/g/n (WiFi). While WiMAX is a bit pokey by modern standards, if you're looking to lighten your monthly bills, this alternative to Clear and NetZero may be the ticket, indeed.

Member Summary

freedompop
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I believe your capslock is stuck and your search function on your browser may not be working.

Alternative product offering introduced 12/12/2012: "Today, FreedomPop will be accepting limited pre-orders for its new home wireless broadband modem scheduled to launch next month"
Source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/freedompop-launches-free-home-broadband-disrupts-100-billion-dsl-and-cable-market-2012-12-12

They're offering 1GB per month (free) with their "Freedom Hub Burst" (4G modem and router intended for home use -- not for mobility).

I believe that 4G service is via ClearWire WiMax: http://www.clear.com/coverage
I'd suggest that potential customers research ClearWire's WiMax service to educate themselves on the technology they're buying into.

http://preorder.freedompop.com/freedom-hub-burst

as i know
their "free" has very strange meaning

and full internet of negative feedbacks

FreedomPop does not provide an address or phone number on their site. The only way to contact them is through their customer service message submittion

Be fully informed before entering into the world of "FREE". Make sure this is for you.

Reviews:

CNET

PCMAG

engadget

And yet, be wary of the deposit terms of service Leased equipment terms

Seems several instances in which the deposit is not refunded.

I used the free 500mb on my HP TP Android CM9. Buy it for $50
I have no issue with it. Used it at the local cafe.

Now they offering 1gb free at home and only charge $10 for 10gb.
If I not heavy dl person I sign up in a heart beat for 10 for 10.

Read the fine prints then everything should be fine.

phatkrazy said:   I used the free 500mb on my HP TP Android CM9. Buy it for $50

did you buy the usb stick or the photon?
$50 is for the usb stick, right? if so, how can you use it with HP tp?
TIA

This looks to be a good choice for some that have the coverage area. The only concern I would have is based upon info in the reviews that were posted above. The Freedompop website could/should certainly do better at telling you what you are getting. Nonetheless, the reviews indicate that Freedompop will be dropping Clear/WiMax and going with Sprint/LTE in early 2013. This would mean an equipment swap at some point and it isn't "clear" (no pun intended) to me whether you'd have to pay for equipment again, pay to ship back the device, etc. I also went through a lot of the T's & C's and it is really very vague as to what service/speeds you will get.

All I can get is plain old copper pair DSL service where I am at but fortunately it is at 6mbit. If I didn't have that option, I'd definitely experiment with this. Thanks for the info OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014