• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Super Hot

CowBoom.com is carrying this 15.4-Inch Intel Core i7 Quad-Core Laptop for $1346.49
Apply $20 off $400 new customer coupon code "CowBoom20" on it (Expires 12/31/2012)
This item receives Free Shipping
Final Price: $1346.49 - $20 = $1326.49 + Free Shipping
Price Comparison provided below is for a brand new unit!

Compare: Amazon.com ($1709.98) | Best Buy ($1709.99) | Newegg.com ($1759.00) | Apple Store ($1799.00)

CowBoom
Need a CowBoom coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

laptop (32.43kB)
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Refurb vs. new price? Apple refurb on this is ~$1600 including tax. Still a good deal, but should compare apples to apples (pun intended).

You also need to consider that CowBoom offers only a 30 day money back guarantee. At the Apple Store it has a 1 year warranty. So, to really compare apples to apples you need to factor in a Warranty, which currently is listed on CowBoom as $200 (plus tax?).

That leaves this deal about $1540 compared to Apple's $1600. A mere $60 off, and you can't call Apple for support. Frankly, I'd rather pay the extra $60 and deal with Apple's support over a 3rd party.

This still may be a deal to some...$60 is $60. But to me (yes, that' me saying this is an opinion coming up, NOT a fact) this is not a hot deal.

Oh...and this is last year's model. So now we have to factor that in too! I'd rather spend $200 more and get the brand new model with retina display and new hardware. I thought this was a current year refurb.

EDIT: 1) typos. 2) old vs new

kdn102 said:   You also need to consider that CowBoom offers only a 30 day money back guarantee. At the Apple Store it has a 1 year warranty. So, to really compare apples to apples you need to factor in a Warranty, which currently is listed on CowBoom as $200 (plus tax?).

That leaves this deal about $1540 compared to Apple's $1600. A mere $60 off, and you can't call Apple for support. Frankly, I'd rather pay the extra $60 and deal with Apple's support over a 3rd party.

This still may be a deal to some...$60 is $60. But to me (yes, that' me saying this is an opinion coming up, NOT a fact) this is not a hot deal.

EDIT: typos.

You failed to mention an important factor: CowBoom "reurbs" are nothing more than used customer returns reloaed with a new copy of OS X. Compare that to Apple refubs that are sent back through manufacturing, repaied if needed, and then given new outside casing parts and a new Apple warranty.

I still don't know why apple macbook cost so much more compare to laptop.

Is it because their software are better equip for Autocat, video & photo editing and etc?

SImple, because people pay it.

phatkrazy said:   I still don't know why apple macbook cost so much more compare to laptop.

Is it because their software are better equip for Autocat, video & photo editing and etc?

Why is a Mercedes so much more than a Toyota when they will both get you from A to B? Lots of reasons from engineering and quality, to luxury and prestige. But in the end... yes to the previous comment, because people will pay it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014