• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition is on sale at GoG for $7.50 (was $12, but just got reduced again ).

Great game (if you like action RPGs) with multiple endings. It is M-rated, so just FYI.

All games at GoG are DRM-free! Lots of other games on sale, too, if you poke around the site.

Bonus content included with Witcher 2:
  • manual
  • 19 wallpapers
  • game guide
  • high quality artbook (232 pages)
  • soundtrack (320 kb/s 50 tracks)
  • 14 bonus videos (46 min)
  • 6 making of videos (48 min)
  • 14 avatars
  • 41 HQ artworks
  • Triss Playboy session
  • comic book (50 pages)
  • map of The Northen Kingdom
  • 7 papercraft dolls with game's characters
  • pamphlet & envelope
  • localized extras (HU, PL, ZH, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, JP)

Edit: Just wanted to add, The Witcher 1 is $2.50. It's dated, for sure, but hey, two-fifty.

Member Summary

The Witcher 2
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What is the consensus on this game? Good? Bad? Worth $12?

88 on Metacritic.

Personally, I like this game so much I bought it twice. One copy for PC at full price and one copy for Xbox360 on a Black Friday deal.

It has boobs, I'm in

This is among the best games I've ever played. So yeah. Worth $12.

DRM free: do I need to install GoG ware to download or install the game? Do I need to keep GoG ware installed to play the game? Do I need to have internet to play the game? Do I need to install GoG ware to reinstall the game on a different machine? TIA and TOP

I just started playing this and man!! this is one complex game...awesome but complex. There are plenty of in game decision choices which means multiple playthroughs

Xam said:   DRM free: do I need to install GoG ware to download or install the game? Do I need to keep GoG ware installed to play the game? Do I need to have internet to play the game? Do I need to install GoG ware to reinstall the game on a different machine? TIA and TOP

There is no GOG application. You just download the .exe directly from the website. You can re-download the game from GOG at any time. You can re-install whenever you like on whichever machine you like.

I don't believe you need an internet connection. There is an online component* to the game, which requires one, obviously. But to my knowledge, solo play is totally offline. If someone wants to chime in and let us know for sure, that would be much appreciated.

*It's a battle arena, and it's pretty lame to be honest. It feels like it was tacked on in a hurry. Despite that, the story part of the game is fantastic. Multiplayer is completely optional and does not really related to the story at all.

these games Witcher 1 and 2 are amazing rpgs. Witcher 1 has somewhat dated charactizations of npcs, but is a solid story. Witcher 2 is just plain fire. Get both.

thefrozentin said:   I just started playing this and man!! this is one complex game...awesome but complex. There are plenty of in game decision choices which means multiple playthroughs

the entire second chapter is completely different. When you reach "the crossroads" save games, and you can play through different games. It's really a great game if you love RPGs.

Just reduced to $7.49 yall. Go go go.

FYI: GOG is run by the game's publisher, which probably explains why it is so cheap at the moment.

Great Game! I Highly recommend it.

mannyd said:   Just reduced to $7.49 yall. Go go go.

Holy cannoli! That's a steal! OP updated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014