• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microcenter store has Acer ICONIA W510-1620 for $399.99 + Tax + $5.99 shipping. Available for shipping if there is no store near you

http://www.microcenter.com/product/406384/ICONIA_W510-1620

thats the cheapest Windows 8 tablet so far I have found.
I searched the forum, and it was not posted.

Member Summary

Acer ICONIA W510-1620
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Windows 8 - Intel Atom Dual-Core Processor Z2760 1.5GHz with Intel Burst technology up to 1.8GHz - 2GB DDR3 SDRAM - 32GB internal storage - 10.1" HD display (133 x 768) with integrated 5-point multitouch screen - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator - Acer Invilink Nplify 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi - front and rear facing webcams - high-definition audio support - Bluetooth - Micro-HDMI - Micro-USB - 2-in-1 card reader - 2-cell battery - 1-year limited warranty
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Since this uses an intel processor (and not ARM), this is running a full-fledged Win8 right? Not RT?

Yuyak said:   Since this uses an intel processor (and not ARM), this is running a full-fledged Win8 right? Not RT?

Yes, it is full fledged Win8

Apparently it was the same price at the Microsoft Store during blackfriday. There's a decent review on it from a real user that I found: http://forums.wpcentral.com/general-tablet-discussion/206660-jus...

I'm intrigued, but still higher than I'm willing to pay.

I have had the W500 for more than 1 year, recently installed Win 8. For those requiring the utility of a laptop with the convenience of a tablet, this is tough to beat. It has the full version of Microsoft Office 2010, a fully functional pdf EDITOR, Solidworks E-Viewer for engineering drawings - capabilities simply not available on an Android tablet or iPad. Yes, it is marginally bigger, heavier than most tablets, but MUCH more convenient than a laptop.

32GB is too small for full Windows. Not much room remains after Windows OS. I don't believe applications can be installed on the external microSD. I have the Samsung ATIV 500T which has 64GB drive and I think the capacity is just sufficient enough as long as I don't save much user data to it, but mostly only use it for application installs.

The Atom processor in these are great, much beyond the old ones from the netbook days. These are what they should have put in the MS Surface line. Full Windows with long battery life. I wouldn't get any RT tablet now, as the App Store is fairly empty when compared to Android and IOS.

OOS in Pennsylvania... oh well.

Got this from the microsoft store sale. Pretty nice little tablet. has about 14GB free out of the box. Installed a 32gb micro SD and redirect all my personal data to that drive. After installing office 2013 Pro, Adobe acrobat 11 pro and a few other apps, I've got about 8.5gb free on the C drive.

Long battery life. get about 8 hours streaming Netflix.

Still don't like windows 8, but getting a bit used to it now. Only thing is there aren't any cases made for it yet, so have to be real careful with it.

meeper said:   32GB is too small for full Windows. Not much room remains after Windows OS. I don't believe applications can be installed on the external microSD. I have the Samsung ATIV 500T which has 64GB drive and I think the capacity is just sufficient enough as long as I don't save much user data to it, but mostly only use it for application installs.

The Atom processor in these are great, much beyond the old ones from the netbook days. These are what they should have put in the MS Surface line. Full Windows with long battery life. I wouldn't get any RT tablet now, as the App Store is fairly empty when compared to Android and IOS.

Not true - my W500 (also 32 GB SSD)came with Win7, I installed Win8 with the Media Center, as well as major components of Office 2010. I just upgraded to a 64 GB SD card, which contains ALL of my files.

There are also instructions online to install larger SDD, but it will void the warranty.

SmoothMensan said:   OOS in Pennsylvania... oh well.

you can ship it to home

Just bought one of these today, now I have to decide if I want to open it or wait for a good W700 price in the near future and jump to it instead...

Hi, can someone explain why it says "In Store Only" right now? OP and other posters said it was available for shipping.

I have family living near a store, so I may able to get the deal, but it would be a pain in the butt...Don't know what other stores near me would have it in stock, or pricematch. Does anyone know if another site like TigerDirect would pricematch the Microcenter deal?

Anyone who can shed light on the difference between Acer W510 1620 versus 1674? Bloatware difference?

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/compare/NT.L0KAA.003-NT.L0KAA.005

Have one as well and really like it. Rugged, easy to travel with, and works great.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014