• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
T-Mobile $50 Monthly 4G SIM Card Unlimited Talk Text 100mb Web No Annual Contract

$22.99

Product Description
50 Dollar Unlimited talk, text, and web*; *first 100MB at up to 4G speeds

No Annual contract, no credit check
National coverage with no roaming charge
Voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting
Easy Activation by wed or phone
No contract, 50 dollars unlimited monthly plan. Your fist month is included in the price of purchase.

Member Summary

T-Modbile 4G SIM Card (61.84kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
try it on one simcard, no problem at all.
go to prepaidplanet.com... click ACTIVATE > enter SimCard No. start with 8901..... (more)

siamedition (Dec. 23, 2012 @ 9:02p) |

LOL @ prepaidplanet.com not even existing anymore.... just a parked page now.

Yet these guys are still selling these on e... (more)

Stalin (Feb. 02, 2013 @ 1:01a) |

http://prepayplanet.com/ works for me, I was able to activate about a month ago.

wiredspider (Feb. 02, 2013 @ 9:15a) |

• Also categorized in:

Hmm "Your fist month is included in the price of purchase."
Wonder if that is true or not...

Some reviews on this item:
- Never buying from u guys again, they don't help out !
- Good commuinicator.Happy to do buisness with.
- Great seller - as described - fast shipping - highly recommended A+ A+
- Just as described fantabulous!
- One more happy teen and she texting now

Overall seller rating 99.3% Positive with 26668 reviews.

Question to OP: have you bought this?
How does this work? Do you get the physical card, or just the code via email?
What is the expiration? Can one stock-up?

I had questions too. Can you use this to top off a $30 plan? and have some money left over?

Bought 4 of them as a Christmas Gift, items has shipped via USPS and I will let you know.

aarzi said:   Some reviews on this item:
- Never buying from u guys again, they don't help out !
- Good commuinicator.Happy to do buisness with.
- Great seller - as described - fast shipping - highly recommended A+ A+
- Just as described fantabulous!
- One more happy teen and she texting now

Overall seller rating 99.3% Positive with 26668 reviews.

Question to OP: have you bought this?
How does this work? Do you get the physical card, or just the code via email?
What is the expiration? Can one stock-up?

Sorry! don't know, I'm just the fatwallet deal poster.

likeaw said:   I had questions too. Can you use this to top off a $30 plan? and have some money left over?

likeaw said:   I had questions too. Can you use this to top off a $30 plan? and have some money left over?

I sent this question to him last night. Will see what the answer is.

I wonder how come other buyers are already posting positive reviews.

don't see a problem even if it is a scam- you have buyer protection,just file a case and get your money back...

My concern is about expiration dates, stocking up, and being out of dispute dates.

Is this only for the first month or can you buy 12 for a full year service?

It goes month to month. You don't need to go 12 straight months if you don't want to. Every time you use a fresh card, the "first month" is included.

I have not used this particular sim card offer.

However, for other T-Mo sim cards I have used, the minutes are credited once you establish a new account using the card. It was not a sim card + separate top up card. Thus it was not possible to use additional sim card purchases as top-ups.

I guess it may be possible to activate the first sim card, let it lapse after the first month, then activate another, etc., but I don't know how receptive T-Mo customer service would be to that when you attempt it. The sim cards may also have an expiration for renewal.

FYI T-Mo FAQs for the $50 monthly option:

How does my Monthly4G plan renew?
A: Your Monthly4G plan will automatically renew if you have redeemed sufficient refills at the end (midnight) of your thirtieth day of service. Also when your monthly rate plan renews, your applied refills are made available for 90 days. If you have not redeemed sufficient refills to cover your Monthly4G plan, the features included with your plan will no longer be available. This will restrict you from using voice and text services. You can continue to use your remaining refills for downloads.
How long can I go without paying for my monthly rate plan charge and what happens if I never renew it?
A: You have 60 days to apply enough funds to renew your monthly rate plan. At the end of the sixtieth day, your monthly rate plan will automatically change to the Prepaid - Pay As You Go rate plan. This will allow you to use any remaining active refills on a per-minute basis.

Upon conversion to the Prepaid - Pay As You Go plan, your decrement rate will be 15˘ per minute. However, if you were on the Prepaid - Pay As You Go plan prior to being on a monthly rate plan and your decrement rate was less than 15˘ per minute, your decrement rate upon automatic conversion back to Prepaid - Pay As You Go will default to that lower rate.
What rate plan change options do I have?
A: Rate plan changes FROM a Prepaid non-monthly rate plan TO a Prepaid monthly rate plan are always effective immediately.

Rate plan changes FROM a Prepaid monthly rate plan TO a Prepaid non-monthly rate plan (Prepaid - Pay As You Go, Pay By The Day, or Sidekick® Pay By The Day) or TO another Prepaid monthly rate plan will be future dated to begin at the end of your current monthly rate plan period. If you choose to change immediately, you will lose any remaining services and features that you have already paid for and that are part of your current Prepaid monthly rate plan. When scheduling a future dated rate plan change, you may cancel the future dated request up to the date the change becomes effective.
What happens if I have not redeemed sufficient refills when my monthly rate plan is scheduled to renew?
A: You will receive a free text notification from T-Mobile advising you that your monthly rate plan has not been renewed. You have 60 days to add sufficient funds to renew your monthly rate plan.

As soon as you add sufficient funds:
Your monthly rate plan will automatically renew.
Your account balance expiration date will be extended out to 90 days if it is less than 90 days away.

aarzi said:   It goes month to month. You don't need to go 12 straight months if you don't want to. Every time you use a fresh card, the "first month" is included.

So I'm assuming if you buy one of these, it's basically $22.99 for the first month and then $50 from there on? But if you use a new sim each month, it would be $22.99 'per month' right? The problem would be that you'd need a different phone number per sim or would have to transfer the number, right?

At the moment, we have limited information about the legitimacy of the seller and the expiration of the cards. But assuming everything is kosher, this is how it shakes out:

- you place the sim in your phone, activate it, get 30 days (not 1 month) unlimited for $22.99
- at any time after (or before) the 30 days are up, you repeat the process
- you cannot use the sim to pay for a new month on the existing account
- every time, you will get a new phone number
- no, T-Mo will not be upset, but you might be when you have to deal with calls coming in for the former owner of your new number
- you can go through hoops and transfer (and transfer back) your phone number every time, or use Google Voice and be done with it. if you use GV, you won't have to give out your new number to all your contacts.
- no, you may not use this to add funds to any of your existing plans

the fact that this thread is not garnering much attention from the more experienced FWers ought to tell us something. I myself am also waiting for more info and feedback.

the best person to answer all these questions is the seller himself?

Any way to get micro-sim? Don't want to hassle with the cutters...

I ask the seller this question:
Is this a regular $50 card that can be applied to any T-Mobile prepaid plan or is it for a specific plan?

And received this answer:
Thank you for contacting us. This card can be used with an existing account. Please contact T-Mobile to verify that it can be used with prepaid. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at any time. Thank you.

jubace said:   I ask the seller this question:
Is this a regular $50 card that can be applied to any T-Mobile prepaid plan or is it for a specific plan?

And received this answer:
Thank you for contacting us. This card can be used with an existing account. Please contact T-Mobile to verify that it can be used with prepaid. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at any time. Thank you.

I'll take 100,000 then. Impossible over 50% off a $50 card + SIM.

stuffedwallet said:   the best person to answer all these questions is the seller himself?

Here's what I got in response to asking if there was any expiration on the sim cards:

eBay said: Hello, As long as they are not activated they have expired date to use them but, once activated the first month of service starts right away. If you have any other questions please contact us right away. Thank you. Sincerely, Danny

That's not too clear, but seems to indicate they do expire if not activated. Too bad he gives no specifics about the period. Maybe it varies from card to card.

jubace said: I ask the seller this question: Is this a regular $50 card that can be applied to any T-Mobile prepaid plan or is it for a specific plan? And received this answer: Thank you for contacting us. This card can be used with an existing account. Please contact T-Mobile to verify that it can be used with prepaid. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at any time. Thank you.

This could just mean you can register it as a replacement sim without necessarily getting the 1 month credit.

My guess is the seller maybe getting commissions for signing up people with the $50 per month plan. After all, $50 per month isn't cheap when there is $30 per month unlimited text+data. Of course, the carrier want you to keep refilling $50 a month instead of using it as a disposable SIM. I guess it is good for people visiting US for a month or two. But I cannot see people using it on a regular basis. After all, you don't know when the credit will expire and you also don't want your outgoing number to change every month.

Thanks Op

If using GV, is there a way to show your GV # for your outgoing call instead? How about text msg, are you able to get text if you use a GV to TM setup?

walletLess said:   Any way to get micro-sim? Don't want to hassle with the cutters...

Go to your T-Mobile corp. store and ask them to cut it for you. I did that when I got my Nexus 4 and they were happy to help and even said how lucky I was to be able to get it during the first wave.

Yeah i had it done earlier in their store!

Title says 100MB and eBay post mentions unlimited???

Edit--got it-- first 100MB at up to 4G speeds

Mawashi said:   If using GV, is there a way to show your GV # for your outgoing call instead? How about text msg, are you able to get text if you use a GV to TM setup?If you use the GV app, you can do both.

Tried the GV app in IP4 but to no avail, will try on Android next, thx!

This is a 4G card so I guess for newer phones.

Mawashi said:   Tried the GV app in IP4 but to no avail, will try on Android next, thx!

The GV app on Android and iPhone do not work at all the same. It's much more integrated on Android.

MothersNghtmare said:   This is a 4G card so I guess for newer phones.
That's just the speed they allow for the first 100 MB, I'm sure it will still work for phones with only 3G.

Thanks i'll give it a shot next.

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   Mawashi said:   Tried the GV app in IP4 but to no avail, will try on Android next, thx!

The GV app on Android and iPhone do not work at all the same. It's much more integrated on Android.

wiredspider said:   MothersNghtmare said:   This is a 4G card so I guess for newer phones.
That's just the speed they allow for the first 100 MB, I'm sure it will still work for phones with only 3G.

T-Mobiles 4G is really 3G. So some "3G" phones will use their HSPA+ bands with this SIM. Others won't.

The $50 plan is always throttled down to 3G after the 1st 100MB. Not sure about the $30. It's kind of sucky actually. There are MVNOs out there with 4 gigs of 4G, unlimited talk/text for a few dollars more after tax.

beachfitrob said:   The $50 plan is always throttled down to 3G after the 1st 100MB. Not sure about the $30. It's kind of sucky actually. There are MVNOs out there with 4 gigs of 4G, unlimited talk/text for a few dollars more after tax.

The WalMart/online exclusive $30 plan is 5GB at HSPA+ FauxG speeds, then it falls back to 2G speeds. A far better deal with than the $50 plan if you have good FauxG coverage and use Google Voice + GrooveIP.

I got my 2 cards but I cannot seem to activate them from Prepaidplanet. Any one else is having a problem activating?
Thanks.

baddude said:   I got my 2 cards but I cannot seem to activate them from Prepaidplanet. Any one else is having a problem activating?
Thanks.

try it on one simcard, no problem at all.
go to prepaidplanet.com... click ACTIVATE > enter SimCard No. start with 8901.....and enter 6 digits pin (little sticker paste inside top left part.
and wait for text message for phone number.

By the way after email the customer support regarding about the simcard, here..

Hi,

We are glad to answer these questions. The prepaid sim card does not have an expiration date. You can refill card, and you can use it as many times as you would like. You can also use another refill card to refill an account. I hope this answers your questions. If you have more, please email us back.

Thank you,

LOL @ prepaidplanet.com not even existing anymore.... just a parked page now.

Yet these guys are still selling these on eBay?

Skipping 1 Messages...
http://prepayplanet.com/ works for me, I was able to activate about a month ago.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014