• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Note: Make sure that You select Obihai Technology as merchant in sidebar.

Click Here and add to cart for $74.99 - $15 off w/coupon ILOVEOBI = $59.99 + Free Shipping

Obihai Technology OBI202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router and 2-Phone Ports. Works with Up to Four (4) VoIP Services: Google Voice and Other VoIP Service Support (SIP). / Collaborative features which allow its phone ports to work together as a mini-phone system.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

OBI202
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Discount is over

notnow (Dec. 25, 2012 @ 3:00a) |

Article dated December 26, 2012 05:21pm EST, "Google Voice Calls Remain Free in 2013"

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,28... (more)

pokeineye (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 10:27a) |

Anyone have coupons for the Obi202 & ObiBT combo this year?

marksa (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 11:01p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for one! Thanks!

Just ordered one. Thx.

Must select the unit "Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc."

In for one! Thanks OP!

ILOVEOBI - why is not giving $15 off on the Amazon Site?

wood55125 said:   ILOVEOBI - why is not giving $15 off on the Amazon Site?

Note: Make sure that You select Obihai Technology as merchant in sidebar.

FYI, Amazon is offering a discount with the wireless adapter and BT adapter, I was able to get the Obi and BT adapter for $75 after code and promotional discount

$15, worked - thanks

anyone know how I can make OBi to OBi calls?

May want to wait until Google decides if free calls are extended through 2013. I am getting nervous that they have not announced it yet.
Still, even if they start charging, it is the best device to sign up with other VOIP services.

how is the router part of it???

mizzou0 said:   anyone know how I can make OBi to OBi calls?

simple, just dial the number on the bottom of the unit!

aleck said:   May want to wait until Google decides if free calls are extended through 2013. I am getting nervous that they have not announced it yet.
Still, even if they start charging, it is the best device to sign up with other VOIP services.

Last year the announcement came on December 13 and announcements seem to get later every year...

aleck said:   May want to wait until Google decides if free calls are extended through 2013. I am getting nervous that they have not announced it yet.

Just my opinion: Doubtful USA GV will charge unless they offer incoming and outgoing alpha numeric caller ID and e911. Even then there is light usage competition at $5/mo.

Router still has some bugs when used with dsl, but OBI is working on it. Obi issues firmware updates as things are fixed/improved, and updating is very easy and/or automatic (as you prefer).

Just wondering, how does this compare to Ooma boxes and service?

Dil

fatwaltag said:   Router still has some bugs when used with dsl, but OBI is working on it. Obi issues firmware updates as things are fixed/improved, and updating is very easy and/or automatic (as you prefer).

I assume this cannot be used as regular router based on this statement"Built-In Router with QoS for VoIP Traffic Prioritization,only the OBiWiFi Wireless Adapter may be used with the OBi202". We will need to buy the OBIWifi adapters.

But it is also possible that Google may withdraw from the market.

cybert19 said:   aleck said:   May want to wait until Google decides if free calls are extended through 2013. I am getting nervous that they have not announced it yet.

Just my opinion: Doubtful USA GV will charge unless they offer incoming and outgoing alpha numeric caller ID and e911. Even then there is light usage competition at $5/mo.

My understanding is that it works as a "regular router", in that it will handle routing/nat/dhcp/etc. If you mean will it provide wireless access to client devices, no. You would need a separate wireless accesspoint for that.

My feeling is that this is designed firstly to ensure QOS for the VOIP. I think many people will be connecting this between the modem and a traditional router, using the traditional router in accesspoint mode to connect additional devices.

>josephbphillips;17413459]My understanding is that it works as a "regular router", in that it will handle routing/nat/dhcp/etc.

Correct (I have one)

> If you mean will it provide wireless access to client devices, no. You would need a separate wireless accesspoint for that.

Also correct, their wireless usb is for the device to access another net rather than to be an access point (which it is not).

>My feeling is that this is designed firstly to ensure QOS for the VOIP. I think many people will be connecting this between the modem and a traditional router, using the traditional router in accesspoint mode to connect additional devices.

Also correct, I use it that way.

Note- see previous post re dsl bug.

thanks for the nice explanation

Can you put this behind the router? I don't like putting anything between my router and modem...did it with SR back when it was cheap and alive....always had issues until I moved it to behind the router.

TheWalL said:   Can you put this behind the router? I don't like putting anything between my router and modem...did it with SR back when it was cheap and alive....always had issues until I moved it to behind the router.

you can, but i use mine with no router

jjtricket said:   mizzou0 said:   anyone know how I can make OBi to OBi calls?

simple, just dial the number on the bottom of the unit!

In fact you need to proceeds the number with **9

Looks like this promo is done

zimzim said:   aleck said:   May want to wait until Google decides if free calls are extended through 2013. I am getting nervous that they have not announced it yet.

Last year the announcement came on December 13 and announcements seem to get later every year...

Still waiting... Getting worried...

Discount is over

zimzim said:   aleck said:   May want to wait until Google decides if free calls are extended through 2013. I am getting nervous that they have not announced it yet. Still, even if they start charging, it is the best device to sign up with other VOIP services.Last year the announcement came on December 13 and announcements seem to get later every year...
Article dated December 26, 2012 05:21pm EST, "Google Voice Calls Remain Free in 2013"

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409751,00.asp#disqus_thread

Anyone have coupons for the Obi202 & ObiBT combo this year?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014