• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This deal from 11/26 is live again with limited sodamakers in stock as well as some other supplies:
Coupon code "FF2012" for 50% off and "FREEFIZZ"for free shipping.

Link to eligible items

My apologies if this is not posted correctly. I don't normally post.

Member Summary

Sodastream
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I ordered my new sodastream from Sodastream USA but I didn't get the flavored bottles, it was not a good holiday. From ... (more)

deekar (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 3:43p) |

Finally, finally got my silly sample pack today. And yeah, definitely call.. email support is almost, but not quite, to... (more)

holiday42 (Jan. 21, 2013 @ 9:23p) |

From a technical standpoint; your primary gauge will always read ~700-1300psi until the last drop of liquid has phase ch... (more)

LordAthens (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 11:41a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

only free shipping if you're ordering a machine as well, otherwise good deal

I ordered on 11/26 and rec this email on 12/7.

To Our Valued SodaStream Customer:

Thank you for your recent order with SodaStream USA.

We know that you're excited to get your new home soda maker and/or supplies and you can be sure we are as excited to send it to you. Unfortunately, due to the recent influx of online orders, one or more of your packages has been delayed. It is now expected to ship on or before 12/8/12. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause and you can be certain that we are working very hard, and as quickly as possible, to deliver your home soda maker order. You will receive UPS tracking information when it leaves our hands.

Thank you again for your time and patience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us toll free at 800-763-2258 or send us an email at info@sodastreamsupport.com.

SodaStream USA

Still haven't heard anything and they charged my card for the order. Hope it makes it for Christmas.

I think friends and family would recommend carbonator caps from a brewing company and a 20lb co2 tank instead of these machines which use insanely priced CO2. Use their syrups sure, but don't pay their CO2 prices!! I've been using the same 20lb tank for 2 years now worth of soda making and it's still over 800psi.

Example cap:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18250/

Example howto:

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home...

Or if you already own the machine you can still use it and save:

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/modding-your-sodastream-w...

The one I ordered on the 26th still has not shipped yet. This seems like a really bad idea on there part.

The white & green models look like different animals - but I can't tell which is the newer design? Anyone know which is better?

Bill

I have one, and you are definitely right about the CO2 price. Thanks for putting this info together.

Only free shipping if you order the sodamaker, not just for the drink mixes.

I'm in the same boat as some of the others - they still haven't shipped my machine that I ordered during the November deal. If I just order supplies for the current deal, they charge shipping and I'm not 100% sure I'll receive my machine. I called customer service but was just on hold for a long time. Don't know why they are so bad at fulfilling orders....

I ordered on Nov 26. Arrived in Pittsford NY Dec 13.

foglem said:   I think friends and family would recommend carbonator caps from a brewing company and a 20lb co2 tank instead of these machines which use insanely priced CO2. Use their syrups sure, but don't pay their CO2 prices!! I've been using the same 20lb tank for 2 years now worth of soda making and it's still over 800psi.

Example cap:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18250/

Example howto:

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home...

Or if you already own the machine you can still use it and save:

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/modding-your-sodastream-w...

It's true you could do that but unfortunately the 20lb tank just doesn't fit on my countertop the way this machine does. I'm sure my landlord wouldn't appreciate my drilling a hole through to a cabinet either.

been interested in this product type for a long time and still hesitant due to the cost of co2. but i found this. http://www.amazon.com/Kegco-Standard-Homebrew-Kegerator-Conversi... $125
looks like the big boy version of a sodastream machine that lets you use 5lb tanks. they have other kits with bigger tanks. add this http://www.amazon.com/LiquidBread-The-Carbonater/dp/B0064OKADS and you're ready to carbonate! $13

miserly said:   been interested in this product type for a long time and still hesitant due to the cost of co2. but i found this. http://www.amazon.com/Kegco-Standard-Homebrew-Kegerator-Conversi... $125
looks like the big boy version of a sodastream machine that lets you use 5lb tanks. they have other kits with bigger tanks. add this http://www.amazon.com/LiquidBread-The-Carbonater/dp/B0064OKADS and you're ready to carbonate! $13

I can definitely see your point. But even so, CO2 refills are $15 at StapIes, and you can make it cheaper with $ off or % off coupons. If a refill provides CO2 for 60 liters, then the cost per liter should be 25 cents. Beats already the retail price for seltzer, if you don't need flavoring, that is.
As for flavoring, for now I'm using True Lime packets, at least it doesn't have sweeteners. But the cola syrup is made with sugar, no HFCS. One $5 bottle provides enough flavoring for 12 liters, which works out to about 42 cents per liter, so it's the flavoring that's the bigger cost than CO2.That's why I find this discussion about tanks, while not without merit, but a bit misguided.

From this perspective, deals such as this could be great to lower syrup costs. Unfortunately, this particular deal seems to only work with the soda maker. If you're like me, and you already have one (I got mine, cheaper, earlier this year from Kohl's), then you need to find other ways to get your cheap sugary fattening agent.

Thanks.

I ordered on the 26th as well and haven't received anything from them concerning my order shipping and I did get the same email on the 7th.
But I went and looked at the website and mine shipped earlier this week.
It's actually one day out from me right now.
So go look up your order on the website.

so if I'm reading this correclty, net cost is about 67 cents per liter.

I always wait for soda to go on sale for 99 cents a liter and then stock up on them. that come out to $1.04 per bottle with deposit.

I guess I'd rather just buy it. not worth it for me to make my own.

I agree! Love my home carbonation which will be a fraction of the cost of one of these soda streame machines. I bought one and sold it 2 months later.

You loved it...so you sold it 2 months later?

ordered November 26th, just called customer service
and according to UPS it will arrive this coming monday.

Almost a month.........

Bones302 said:   so if I'm reading this correclty, net cost is about 67 cents per liter.

I always wait for soda to go on sale for 99 cents a liter and then stock up on them. that come out to $1.04 per bottle with deposit.

I guess I'd rather just buy it. not worth it for me to make my own.

The thing about these home machines is that you have a choice of what to make (smaller size variety packs are available) PLUS, as with home cooking, you actually get to know what's in there (since you did it yourself) and can avoid some of the nastier chemicals found in most mainstream sodas.

Even doing your math, a 47 cent savings per liter means it's almost like buying 2 and getting one free (even at your sale price). At that rate I'd say it might actually be "worth it" for many. YMMV.

Mine shows no signs of shipping....

bugsie said:   
It's true you could do that but unfortunately the 20lb tank just doesn't fit on my countertop the way this machine does. I'm sure my landlord wouldn't appreciate my drilling a hole through to a cabinet either.

Maybe you should spend your money getting a home of your own instead of buying soda machines and coaching others to spend too much on CO2?

Let me elaborate one last time since you apparently think I'm a moron. I tried sodaclub (the same company, they change names every 2-5 years trying to rope in more suckers) and discovered the same as you apparently believe that it should in theory cost less. Too bad in reality it doesn't. You will not get as many liters as they claim per CO2 refill. Worse yet you have to use MORE CO2 because of the poor carbonation method they use (spraying high pressure CO2 gas into a liquid doesn't achieve good saturation without a lot of waste). As such you will soon find you are paying as much as or MORE than normal soda products on sale!

When I carbonate a 2-liter I re-use any existing 2-liter at all and simply toss in the water and flavoring/syrup and then cap it. Pressurize the 2-liter to 50psi of co2 and shake. When it stops making the "sound" it's done. No waste CO2. If you want perfect home aesthetics why not buy brand name? If you want cheap, this is the cheapest method beyond making your own syrups which is doable as well! Carbonating fruit juices and ice cream is also possible with the method I'm referring to. And grapes... Those are quite good.

For those of you want to get into soda making (it's fun!) And don't want to invest in commercial equipment or mod the soda stream co 2 canister, check out primo. they use standard paintball size tanks and valves. I returned my soda stream for that very reason.

PSU2Fan said:   For those of you want to get into soda making (it's fun!) And don't want to invest in commercial equipment or mod the soda stream co 2 canister, check out primo. they use standard paintball size tanks and valves. I returned my soda stream for that very reason.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2012/11/05/cuisinart-partn...

cuisinart will be taking over selling the primo. you'll likely see primo products going on clearance and coming back rebranded as cuisinart. my guess would be for more $. so now might be a good time to stock up.

g10ny said:   miserly said:   been interested in this product type for a long time and still hesitant due to the cost of co2. but i found this. http://www.amazon.com/Kegco-Standard-Homebrew-Kegerator-Conversi... $125

I can definitely see your point. But even so, CO2 refills are $15 at StapIes, and you can make it cheaper with $ off or % off coupons. If a refill provides CO2 for 60 liters, then the cost per liter should be 25 cents. Beats already the retail price for seltzer, if you don't need flavoring, that is.
As for flavoring, for now I'm using True Lime packets, at least it doesn't have sweeteners. But the cola syrup is made with sugar, no HFCS. One $5 bottle provides enough flavoring for 12 liters, which works out to about 42 cents per liter, so it's the flavoring that's the bigger cost than CO2.That's why I find this discussion about tanks, while not without merit, but a bit misguided.

From this perspective, deals such as this could be great to lower syrup costs. Unfortunately, this particular deal seems to only work with the soda maker. If you're like me, and you already have one (I got mine, cheaper, earlier this year from Kohl's), then you need to find other ways to get your cheap sugary fattening agent.
Sure it beats the cost of retail seltzer, but the point is it should be a lot cheaper still. Even with coupons and local exchanges the SodaSteam CO2 costs several times per serving what a larger refillable tank does. Just because the syrup used costs more than the CO2 doesn't mean the CO2 is unimportant. It means paying like $.20 more per liter than you should have to, and that does add up (after initial equipment costs.)

i was just looking for anyone else having issues with their order placed in November. I still haven't gotten mine, though they promise that it shipped and I will get it before Christmas. Not so sure I totally believe them as their customer service seems totally inept in the 4 or 5 calls I've made concerning my order (promised email updates, tracking info, even phone calls and never received a single response).

I'll never deal with this company again, I'd rather just buy from a retailer. At least I have a local button to push then.

Because of the legalities in shipping CO2, these ship via snail mail with no tracking. You will eventually get yours. Hang in there.

I ordered mine in November. If you go to the site and track your order you should find out where it is, I didn't get this through an email. Mine arrived last week and is now wrapped under the Christmas tree.

i did go to the site and finally information is posted and I supposed to get it delivered via UPS today. dealing with their customer service was frustrating, they were terrible and didn't really offer any updates, other than empty "we'll send you an email with shipping info" promises.

At least I'm getting it in time, and the deal was sound so i'm not complaining too loudly.

Mine shipped late and arrived without a cap for the bottle, so I can't even use it. They're sending me the caps for free but they would not express ship them. They did give me $20 worth of "loyalty points" to use in their online store, which of course can't be applied towards shipping. I guess I'll probably buy some additional bottles at BB&B so I can actually use this thing before the new year.

Got mine today. Missing the 12pack variety syrups though. Ugh. Wish I just got one at WalMart instead.

holiday42 said:   Got mine today. Missing the 12pack variety syrups though. Ugh. Wish I just got one at WalMart instead.

Call and they'll send it to you. (I wish I had gone with the Primo Flavorstation instead...)

They are very slow to ship. Hard to believe they were so unprepared to shipping the product they make. These days people want stuff immediate and mine took more than a month to get here. The price is right and I will be making some fresh soda this weekend. Also guys its the fun of creating some of your own drinks and such. No need to say when I buy 5000 bottles at the supermarket etc. The idea of this device is to create something different.

I ordered my new sodastream from Sodastream USA but I didn't get the flavored bottles, it was not a good holiday. From what I have read, this is something that the company has a problem with..

magnafides said:   
Call and they'll send it to you. (I wish I had gone with the Primo Flavorstation instead...)

Finally, finally got my silly sample pack today. And yeah, definitely call.. email support is almost, but not quite, totally useless.

--
holiday42

foglem said:    I've been using the same 20lb tank for 2 years now worth of soda making and it's still over 800psi.

From a technical standpoint; your primary gauge will always read ~700-1300psi until the last drop of liquid has phase changed to gas. As CO2 is stored as a liquid and not a compressed gas (like nitrogen, breathing air, argon, etc), the primary pressure gauge can't be used to determine how much CO2 is left in the bottle. The gauge is quite nearly worthless really. The gauge may fluctuate a little, but that is based on temperature (the colder the tank, the lower the pressure). The only way to tell how much CO2 is actually left in the tank is by weight. Weight of tank - tare weight of tank = liquid CO2 in the tank. The tare weight will be stamped on the tank somewhere, look for "TW".

Certainly no doubt going with even a 5lb tank from a brewing supply store is far, far more cost effective than the Soda Stream units, but it's not for everyone. A Soda Stream machine looks like it belongs on the counter. A 20lb CO2 tank, doesn't.

I have (2) 100lb tanks in my garage that I fill my smaller tanks off of. Last time I had them filled it was $55, total for the pair. $0.275/lb of CO2, versus Soda Streams' $15.50lb for the refill or $30.88 for the new tanks. LOL. But I use CO2 for a *lot* of other things, aside from carbonating water.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.