SimCity (2013 PC Game) $49.99 Frys.com

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
linky
$59.99 MSRP everywhere else.

Member Summary

SimCity (2013 PC Game) (203.37kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Pre release sale. States it won't ship till march. Could easily be later.

Reddit just hosted the developer discussion. Check it out for some fun-facts and harsh critism on the game.

http://redd.it/14umm1

boldfacelies said:   Reddit just hosted the developer discussion. Check it out for some fun-facts and harsh critism on the game.

http://redd.it/14umm1


Recap:

1) Apparently features DRM that will require internet connection in order to start the game
2) Designed to be a return to SimCity's "roots", making this a more complex simulation game instead of a building game like SimCity Societies.

faloun said:   boldfacelies said:   Reddit just hosted the developer discussion. Check it out for some fun-facts and harsh critism on the game.

http://redd.it/14umm1


Recap:

1) Apparently features DRM that will require internet connection in order to start the game
2) Designed to be a return to SimCity's "roots", making this a more complex simulation game instead of a building game like SimCity Societies.


Well, it looks like I won't be buying it then. SimCity 4 is still fun to break out, and it doesn't need to "phone home" to work. Screw these companies that put that kind of DRM on games.

This doesn't change anything for me. I'm pretty excited about the game, and I like the direction they're taking it. That doesn't really include the DRM measures, but I'm not planning to copy the game and I always have an Internet connection, so it does not really bother me.

VicVinegar said:   faloun said:   boldfacelies said:   Reddit just hosted the developer discussion. Check it out for some fun-facts and harsh critism on the game.

http://redd.it/14umm1


Recap:

1) Apparently features DRM that will require internet connection in order to start the game
2) Designed to be a return to SimCity's "roots", making this a more complex simulation game instead of a building game like SimCity Societies.


Well, it looks like I won't be buying it then. SimCity 4 is still fun to break out, and it doesn't need to "phone home" to work. Screw these companies that put that kind of DRM on games.


When it comes to DRM encumbered PC games and I want to purchase one, I either do one of two things:

1) Buy it for console.
2) Wait for the crack to come out before buying it for PC

One of these days, PC game companies will get it probably when hell freezes over...

zifn4b said:   VicVinegar said:   faloun said:   boldfacelies said:   Reddit just hosted the developer discussion. Check it out for some fun-facts and harsh critism on the game.

http://redd.it/14umm1


Recap:

1) Apparently features DRM that will require internet connection in order to start the game
2) Designed to be a return to SimCity's "roots", making this a more complex simulation game instead of a building game like SimCity Societies.


Well, it looks like I won't be buying it then. SimCity 4 is still fun to break out, and it doesn't need to "phone home" to work. Screw these companies that put that kind of DRM on games.


When it comes to DRM encumbered PC games and I want to purchase one, I either do one of two things:

1) Buy it for console.
2) Wait for the crack to come out before buying it for PC

One of these days, PC game companies will get it probably when hell freezes over...


I don't understand the anger. Just because we've always been able to do No-CD cracks in the past doesn't mean it's right. It's not right for the developer and it's not right for the industry. When games stop being profitable, they stop making games.
Those who are angry that you need an connection to play definitely haven't installed Steam right? That would just be hypocritical.
I for one am excited that they are making a real Sim City game (complex) and not a dumbed down or ready to port to console version. I'm sure with the uproar, they will make the game playable offline. The only problem I have is if I wanted to play the game and Cox is having one of their normal outages.


Console games have DRM by the way... even if you install the game on your Xbox360 HD you still have to have the disc in the drive.

Steam has an offline mode. I've played many times with no internet connection.

advocatus said:   I don't understand the anger. Just because we've always been able to do No-CD cracks in the past doesn't mean it's right. It's not right for the developer and it's not right for the industry. When games stop being profitable, they stop making games.
Those who are angry that you need an connection to play definitely haven't installed Steam right? That would just be hypocritical.
I for one am excited that they are making a real Sim City game (complex) and not a dumbed down or ready to port to console version.


Console games have DRM by the way... even if you install the game on your Xbox360 HD you still have to have the disc in the drive.
I agree! But with the regards to the internet connection thing, is SimCity going to require an internet connection EVERY TIME you start the game (as implied in some of the earlier posts)? Any ideas whether there will be a Steam key with the game? I'm hoping I'll be able to play during my train commutes - Steam allows me to play even in offline mode.

Anything new with the 2013 version or is it the same like all the Sim City?


looks awesome



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014