• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Foxconn nt-A3500-0h0WWAEQB AMD A45 (Hudson D1) 1 x 204Pin AMD Radeon HD 6310 White Mini / Booksize Barebone System
Link

AMD A45 (Hudson D1)
AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, dual core)
AMD Radeon HD 6310
1 x 204Pin
Cons: HEAT All they need to do is add another fan at the intake side of the box to help push air through. Or do the mod I did. For the bios headache, they really need to add a bios update configuration in the bios.Put a spacer on the bottom of the outside of the unit, right below the processor, the bottom of the unit gets extremely hot, I had it without air space on the bottom of the case.
Other Thoughts: #UPDATE BIOS. I tried the uneboottin and it would not run on the USB (cd error)By accident I might have used the USB3.0 port. Go through the reviews at Newegg and find a link to where you get the HP USB formatter here the link for the formatter HP USB Tool and Win 98 to create a bootable USB then copy updated bios files to usb. That worked for me updating the bios. HEAT, watching videos (using Cyberlink to upscale from 720 video to 1080 P) the temps hovered around 175 F degrees on HDTV. I cut a hole on the cover above the cooling fan and put a Laptop usb fan on top (half blowing into the cpu fan, other half blowing into the case). That dropped the temps down to 145 degrees F running the processor at 100% for 1 hour idle temp is now 112 D F instead of 130 D F. EXCELLENT IMPROVEMENT. I am also going to use brazostweaker to lower the voltage which will drop temps even more. I have used brazostweaker on my HP DM1Z and it dropped temps another 10 degrees F. Also please note: supposedly the wireless was terrible but a review states that the 2 antenna wires were connected the wrong way and all you have to do is switch the connection to correct the problem. When you put in the ram, here is the wireless connections to double check. The external antenna wiring (black) should be on #2. The internal antenna wiring (white) should be on #1. For silverlight and Netflix, Silverlight has a major bug that prevents it from working properly with AMD E350 cpus. It is not a problem with the CPU itself.You have to press shift-ctrl and right click on the silverlight screen. An options menu will appear. Change the buffer size to the lowest number (I believe it is like 250 or something). The default is something like 2000. If you're slow, and it builds up to that level, it can take up to a minute to work.

For an HTPC I am very satisfied, I also got the Logitech K400 wireless keyboard with touchpad (I do not know if Amazon still has it for 29 bucs) Also currently Staples has the Logitech wireless mouse with unifying USB plug that works with the K400 keyboard ( so in essence 1 usb plugin to operate keyboard and mouse at Staples Logitech M325 WIRELESS MS Staples Item # 366207 (Reg $29.99 Save- $7.50 Now: $22.49 Instant Savings - $12.50 total $9.99* free ship plus tax. Some mouse colors are sold out but I was able to get the red. The keyboard and mouse usb plug are both unifying plugs. The keyboard is great for surfing on my TV, I just needed a mouse for when I move files around.

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Foxconn nt-A3500-0h0WWAEQB
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What that for?

XBMC.

Looks cool but runs HOT !!!

Yes it does run hot but using the usb fan fixed the problem. I have 3 of them connected to 3 TV's and one shares my videos from my home group. It's a great small form factor, they just could have used a better fan system.

In the past, Newegg has had this on sale for $99 and included an SSD. So unless you're in a hurry, you may be able to get a better deal by waiting.

I purchased a similar model before (same case but with Intel Atom chips). The design and stability is horrible as the heatsink wasn't properly sitting on the CPU. Foxconn's support is horrid and they ended up in the trash.

If there were some BIOS options it may be possible to downclock or overvolt to help with stability.

Perhaps if you have more time they can be made workable but the point of these things is to have a silent small form factor system, having to use extra fans, time and mods misses the point (for me).

Do you have any links for that price? I have been watching a few variations of these for a long time, and I have never seen that deal. Obviously I could have missed it, but that sounds smoking hot.

thanks for the run down OP

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014