• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today's Best Buy ad has the LG Optimus Elite for $64.99. Not as good as the $50 price on BF, but that deal is dead and gone.

VM subscribers claim they can upgrade to this phone and maintain the $25/month rate.

Well I emailed them on Sunday and got the following response:

Hello XXX,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care.

We are glad to know that you want to upgrade your phone. Since you have
grandfathered the $25/300 Minutes - May 2010 plan, there are certain
phones that are not compatible with your current offer. Any smartphone
launched after May 1st is not compatible with the old Beyond Talk plans.

Unfortunately, LG Optimus Elite is not compatible with your current
plan, you will need to change your plan to one of the current Beyond
Talk Plans ($35, $45, $55).

We recommend that you wait until your next current through date to
upgrade your handset to prevent paying twice for a plan in one month and
also prevent your current through date from changing.

In case that you do not want to lose your $25/300 Minutes - May 2010
plan. Here is a list of phones that are compatible:

- Motorola Triumph.
- LG Rumor Touch.
- LG Optimus V.
- LG Rumor 2.
- Venture.
- Samsung Intercept.

If you need additional assistance, feel free to let us know how we can
assist further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *86 from a Virgin
Mobile handset). You can reach us Monday through Sunday from 4:00 AM ?
9:00 PM PST. As a kind reminder, always make sure to include your Virgin
Mobile phone number and PIN on all replies.

Thanks,

Ligia Q.
Virgin Mobile At Your Service
www.virginmobileusa.com

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile coupons that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Optimus Elite (40.98kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG

avery91381 said:   Today's Best Buy ad has the LG Optimus Elite for $64.99. Not as good as the $50 price on BF, but that deal is dead and gone.

VM subscribers claim they can upgrade to this phone and maintain the $25/month rate. Has anyone asked VM?

I picked up two tonight used two $10 off coupons $54.99 each.

Wife and one of my sons are both on the $25 plan There phones where over a year old so I did a upgrade.

( Other son is on Metro Pcs, I am on Page+ $76 a year )

VM let me stay on the $25 plan....

I got one in white and one in black at the same price.

I upgraded my Optimus Vs on Black Friday. The Elites feel like a pretty big step up in performance and form factor. Really pleased with these phones. $65 is still a great deal, especially if you are on an existing $25 plan.

Indeed, it does work on the $25 plan. I upgraded to it several months ago.

Where did you get the coupons or are you referring to a reward zone certificate?

Butcherboy said:   avery91381 said:   Today's Best Buy ad has the LG Optimus Elite for $64.99. Not as good as the $50 price on BF, but that deal is dead and gone.

VM subscribers claim they can upgrade to this phone and maintain the $25/month rate. Has anyone asked VM?

I picked up two tonight used two $10 off coupons $54.99 each.

Wife and one of my sons are both on the $25 plan There phones where over a year old so I did a upgrade.

( Other son is on Metro Pcs, I am on Page+ $76 a year )

VM let me stay on the $25 plan....

I got one in white and one in black at the same price.

Looks like Amazon.com matched the price, no tax for most, and prime if you have it!

Amazon Link

anyone else have any success with elite and the 25 dollar plan recently??? I am still grand-fathered with my v...

walteroehm said:   anyone else have any success with elite and the 25 dollar plan recently??? I am still grand-fathered with my v...

First thing I am grand-fathered on the $25 plan for 2 phones.

My sons old phone stop working, So I called VM first and asked it I can use Optimus Elite for my $25 plan, I got a OK
When I called to change phones over VM tryed to make me go up to the $35 plan
I said no I all ready called and was told the LG Optimus Elite was ok for the $25 plan.
A few hours later I called VM back and did a change out on my wifes phone, They tryed once agin to up sale me to the $35 plan I said no after a few min. I got a OK for the $25 plan.

The $10 coupon I used on each phone only worked last Sunday.

Butcherboy said:   walteroehm said:   anyone else have any success with elite and the 25 dollar plan recently??? I am still grand-fathered with my v...

First thing I am grand-fathered on the $25 plan for 2 phones.

My sons old phone stop working, So I called VM first and asked it I can use Optimus Elite for my $25 plan, I got a OK
When I called to change phones over VM tryed to make me go up to the $35 plan
I said no I all ready called and was told the LG Optimus Elite was ok for the $25 plan.
A few hours later I called VM back and did a change out on my wifes phone, They tryed once agin to up sale me to the $35 plan I said no after a few min. I got a OK for the $25 plan.

The $10 coupon I used on each phone only worked last Sunday.
So, is it better to call or do online when switching phones?

great info.... i will try it as well...

thanks

I want to upgrade my phone but the selection for the older phones seems horrible. Did you have any luck upgrading your phone. I've had my phone for almost two years and VM is giving me a hard time. I would like to keep my $25 plan but change to Samsung SII if I can't do that I would take an LG Elite. How did it o for you?

do the phone swap online. did one less than 3 months ago from optimus v to elite on a $25 plan, no VM intervention required, no raise in monthly price.

Went online spoke to supervisor, apparently any phone change now requires $35 plan

Went to Radio Shack, then BB where I tried to get the grandfathered rate. My account read "plan being discontinued". Called the 800 number, and was told very soon all $25 plans will be discontinued regardless if you change phones or not. Not really sure what to believe with Virgin Mobile anymore. $35 is still a great value, but I guess makes sense to get a better phone if I 'm forced to switch.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014