• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples in store: Total Defense Unlimited Internet Protection SKU: 101923

1) Staples rebate: $19.99 price in store. $20 Mail-in-rebate (offer 12-31281)
2) Manufacturer rebate: $20 activation rebate: total defense site rebate number TDI-10112. https://totaldefense.4myrebate.com/Claim/OfferDetailsNewGrid/?Of...

When activating online, it says: "You will not be charged until after your initial 3 months expire. You can cancel online at any time." If you dont cancel in 3 months, $9.99 subscription fee. Rebate should be done before that.

So sounds like you make 20$.

Limit 1 per household

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Total Defense Unlimited (6.07kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Product: Total Defense Unlimited (SKUs 101923, 101924) at Staples
Rebate reward: $20.00 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
Purchase dates: 11-10-2012 through 11-10-2013
Rebate Offer Number: 12-31281

Offer Code: TDI-10112
Manufacturer: Total Defense
Amount: $20.00
Offer Maximum: 1 claim(s) per household
Details: $20 activation mail in rebate on Total Defense Unlimited Internet Security
Starts: 11 / 01 / 2012
Expires: 03 / 31 / 2013
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

I think the OP is counting on getting both rebates.

VirginiaDC said:   dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

Yup because one is by Staples other is by manufacturer. I think this should fly.

FYI this product gets bad ratings for their requiring "activation" to get the rebates - and according to reviews on Newegg and the like people have been having issues claiming the rebates....so caveat emptor!

"Requires activation" appears to be the new hot ticket for rebate hoops to jump through. I'll pass.

labboypro said:   "Requires activation" appears to be the new hot ticket for rebate hoops to jump through. I'll pass.

It keeps you from reselling them.

nonameisgood said:   VirginiaDC said:   dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

Yup because one is by Staples other is by manufacturer. I think this should fly.

Both rebates are from the manfuacturer.

cnIsfg said:   nonameisgood said:   VirginiaDC said:   dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

The one from Staples goes to Staples Rebate Center, does not need activation as per terms. The one from manufacturer needs activation. Hence methinks they are not same. Unable to activate my software online and their support line is closed. Will know tomorrow if there are any gotchas.

nonameisgood said:   cnIsfg said:   nonameisgood said:   VirginiaDC said:   dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

The one from Staples goes to Staples Rebate Center, does not need activation as per terms. The one from manufacturer needs activation. Hence methinks they are not same. Unable to activate my software online and their support line is closed. Will know tomorrow if there are any gotchas.

You are sadly mistaken. BOTH rebates are from the manufacturer. 4myrebate.com and RebatesHQ are the SAME company. 4myrebate.com is now in the original RebatesHQ company location in Fl while RebatesHQ is now in TX as a result of Young America and continential promotions group acquisition. However, regardless of what they call themsselves they are ALL the same company run by the same management team and YES they share customer's rebate information. This rebate has been going on for a month now, There is already a lengthy thread on that other deal site and yes regardless of what is stated on the rebate form both versions of the rebate requires activation and neither version will be paid before the 90 trial period is elapsed. Bottom line you will not receive payment on both versions. LOL you will be lucky to receive even one. Click here if you want to see what you are getting into with these guys.

cnIsfg said:   nonameisgood said:   cnIsfg said:   nonameisgood said:   VirginiaDC said:   dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?

You are sadly mistaken. BOTH rebates are from the manufacturer. 4myrebate.com and RebatesHQ are the SAME company. 4myrebate.com is now in the original RebatesHQ company location in Fl while RebatesHQ is now in TX as a result of Young America and continential promotions group acquisition. However, regardless of what they call themsselves they are ALL the same company run by the same management team and YES they share customer's rebate information. This rebate has been going on for a month now, There is already a lengthy thread on that other deal site and yes regardless of what is stated on the rebate form both versions of the rebate requires activation and neither version will be paid before the 90 trial period is elapsed. Bottom line you will not receive payment on both versions. LOL you will be lucky to receive even one. Click here if you want to see what you are getting into with these guys.

LOL, perhaps OP should change to title to "LOSE MONEY!"Staples FAR Total Defense Unlimited 19.99$ - 20$ MIR -20$ Activation Rebate. In Store.

dazviking said:   Money maker? You mean, like a penny?
Next time I should quote op...as he had few of the above details when he first posted; and didn't strongly differentiate between the two rebates. But seems like it may work...[edit] or maybe not...

From From My email alert:

Staples FAR Total Defense Unlimited 19.99$ - 20$. Possible make money. In store.
Search did not list this topic. Found this deal in store.

$19.99 price in store. $20 Mail-in-rebate (offer 12-31281)
On the box, lists $20 activation rebate. Possibly needs monthly subscription etc. Have not opened to see what the details are. This could be the money maker. YMMV.

Could anyone please post when they recieved rebates, if the got one or both?

Both Total Defense need credit card activation?

Anyone know is the cancel process on Total Defense Unlimited easy?

woomanhei said:   Both Total Defense need credit card activation?

Find the old threads. No, no credit card activation needed for the Staples rebate. The offer on the box is totally unrelated to the Staples rebate. That offer is for extending the product onto multiple PCs. Nothing to do with the Staples rebate.

ymprncess said:   Could anyone please post when they recieved rebates, if the got one or both?Find the old posts for this product. VivYip already got both rebates.

mathfaster said:   woomanhei said:   Both Total Defense need credit card activation?

Find the old threads. No, no credit card activation needed for the Staples rebate. The offer on the box is totally unrelated to the Staples rebate. That offer is for extending the product onto multiple PCs. Nothing to do with the Staples rebate.

I just have to mail out the form and wait, not even need to open the box, right?

woomanhei said:   mathfaster said:   woomanhei said:   Both Total Defense need credit card activation?

I just have to mail out the form and wait, not even need to open the box, right?
No need to open the box. You really only need to send the rebate redemption form from the register. Not even the rebate receipt if you do not want to. No UPC to cut out. I got an email about a week after mailing that the rebate was valid. The only place you can see the rebate is on RebatesHQ.com using name, zip search.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014