• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's The Item

Buy now and think later. This is THE LOWEST PRICE EVER ON THIS ITEM. Here's the price history on camelcamelcamel. This item was listed on Amazon.com's Gold Deal at $46 a few months back when I bought it. However this price is even sweeter than that. Go grab one before their BOT increases it back OR before Amazon.com realizes it.

**** Edit - Just checked my Amazon.com order history and I paid $44.74 for this very same item on Amazon.com Gold Box Deal on Sept. 30th 2012. Today their BOT has lowered it down to $37.72. Can't beat the price for the 450+ (averaging 4.5 stars) reviews on it.

You may also want to get the following along with the above mentioned item.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024QF4GI/ref=wms_ohs_product

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009V1WXY/ref=wms_ohs_product

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Keeper's Waterproof Roof Top Cargo Carrier
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I picked up a few of these...trying for true FWer style (and cost):

9 x 9 drawstring tarp

thinkingman (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 7:34p) |

Lowes had secure-tite waterproof roof top cargo bag, 15 cubic ft, in clearance for $7.99
I posted the deal a week ago
zip ... (more)

cuta (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 9:20p) |

Was it in-store only? I'm not seeing any cargo bags at Lowes.com

Yoksel (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 2:38a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for including the price history link. Looks like the most frequent price is around $49. Reviews look good.

Excellent deal, OP! You don't want to know what was living and growing in my old one when I took it out last summer...let's just say car-top storage was not an option. It will be this summer though.

Thanks OP - this will come in handy with our expanding family!

in for 1 - thanks

$40.83 after tax

Got this one last year at Big Lots for $29.99, Went on a 6,000 mile round trip on vacation through a heavy storm NM and 118% heat in CA and it worked great! Too bad Big Lots does not carry it anymore.

In 4 1. It will arrives Thursday and hope to use it Friday morning for a 1800mi round trip from GA to NJ

I have this cargo bag. I have used it three times in the past two years. Two of those times I had it stuffed to the point that I the zipper would come apart, but it is holding up just fine. Haven't had it in a good rain, only a light sprinkle, but the other reviews state it works fine in the rain. Best part is that it fits perfectly within the roof rack/crossbars of our 2006 Toyota Highlander. The box may bulge a little, but it also packs back into its box. I thought it was a good deal at $49 when I bought it, but $38 is great. Green for the OP.

jschuk said:   I have this cargo bag. I have used it three times in the past two years. Two of those times I had it stuffed to the point that I the zipper would come apart, but it is holding up just fine. Haven't had it in a good rain, only a light sprinkle, but the other reviews state it works fine in the rain. Best part is that it fits perfectly within the roof rack/crossbars of our 2006 Toyota Highlander. The box may bulge a little, but it also packs back into its box. I thought it was a good deal at $49 when I bought it, but $38 is great. Green for the OP.

Good to hear it fit perfectly in your Highlander. Mine will be on the Sequioa

What's with this "Fastest Fingers First" stuff? While this may be a good deal, I'm not a big fan of cluttering up deal post titles with a bunch of words that do not tell anyone useful information.

Seriously, is there any actual meaning to the Fx3 Lingo or is it just the OP being cutesy-wootsie? How about a real answer to a real question rather than a petulant little click on the red button?

A real Fatwalleter would just use garbage sacks duck tape and bungee cords.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA2L77EE7U53NWQ&f... Have some used ones in the warehouse starting at $29

jailmunk said:   in for 1 - thanks

$40.83 after tax

Why did they charge you tax ? I do see a tax line item during checkout but that has always been $0.00 in all cases for me till date. Maybe the supplier is based out of the same state as you but still if its being sold by Amazon.com, they shouldn't be charging tax. Strange..

** Edit - Don't bother.. just checked their tax policy where they charge tax for specific states. should've read it before posting

I would buy one of these if i was a dork, but since i'm not a dork I won't buy one.

Got one of the used ones ("very good" condition). I'm sure these are just returns that they couldn't sell as new. Works for me!

portal45 said:   Got one of the used ones ("very good" condition). I'm sure these are just returns that they couldn't sell as new. Works for me!And just because you are sure, that makes it so?

Will my dog fit in this?

- Mitt

jaimelobo said:   Will my dog fit in this?

- Mitt
Chopped up or whole?

aarzi said:   portal45 said:   Got one of the used ones ("very good" condition). I'm sure these are just returns that they couldn't sell as new. Works for me!And just because you are sure, that makes it so?

Snitty response. Those of us with experience with Amazon Warehouse Deals know that they are returned items. For me, out of a dozen warehouse deals purchases, I have only been disappointed once when an accessory that was supposed to be included in the box was not there. Free, no-hassle return with credit. Every item I have purchased from Warehouse Deals was an obvious returned item, but I didn't mind if I saved more on the product. More savings. . . I thought that was the Fatwallet mantra.

purvis said:   aarzi said:   portal45 said:   Got one of the used ones ("very good" condition). I'm sure these are just returns that they couldn't sell as new. Works for me!And just because you are sure, that makes it so?

Snitty response. Those of us with experience with Amazon Warehouse Deals know that they are returned items. For me, out of a dozen warehouse deals purchases, I have only been disappointed once when an accessory that was supposed to be included in the box was not there. Free, no-hassle return with credit. Every item I have purchased from Warehouse Deals was an obvious returned item, but I didn't mind if I saved more on the product. More savings. . . I thought that was the Fatwallet mantra.
Well, you thought wrong!

FW mantra is not getting the lowest price. It is getting the best value. There is smart, and there is cheap. You smack of cheap!
Case in point: getting used "from $29", while new is $37, does not represent the best value.

As for "no-hassle" returns, it's not only about getting your money back. It's about wasting your time and effort and lost opportunities. Again, case in point: you pass up on the opportunity to buy this for $37, and get a used one for chump-change less, then have to return it. Where does that leave you? It leaves you without the product, and out your time and effort and blocked money until you get it back.

For the savings of several hundred dollars that I have had with the Warehouse Deals, my fifteen minutes to return one item seems worthwhile to me. That's an equivalent savings of $300/hour. Agreed for the variance in price on this item, it may be worth it for someone who wants a pristine item. For me, the $9 savings this time is worth it. I appreciate the fact that someone chose to post the Warehouse Deals price in the discussion and do not want to discourage others from posting them elsewhere. Have you had a bad experience with them?

Thx, OP. In for one (and, I am a dork, but a dork with 4 kids and way too much stuff, lol).

aarzi said:   Well, you thought wrong!... FW mantra is not getting the lowest price. It is getting the best value. There is smart, and there is cheap. You smack of cheap! Case in point: getting used "from $29", while new is $37, does not represent the best value.
It's rather ignorant to be proclaiming your views as correct and others wrong when the topic is clearly very subjective. Personally, I agree with portal45 and purvis... for an item like this, paying 28% more for new vs. what MY experience with Amazon Warehouse deals has been, is NOT the best value. I decided I wasn't interested in this product regardless of price, but if I were, I would have taken the Warehouse Deals option without question.

It's not just my view, and it's not really subjective. Warehouse deals "new", sure. Warehouse deals "used", no. There is a reason the reviews are only 94% positive. And no, 94% is not "good enough"!

As for ignorance, nothing like a fool who doesn't even know he is a fool.

I would say a 94% rating on Amazon is pretty high. Very few products get that high a level and usually the negative reviews tend to get posted much more often than the positive. I have never posted a positive review for Warehouse Deals although my experience with them has been positive. And I am going to quit feeding the troll.

aarzi said:   It's not just my view
I never said it was. I simply said yours is different than the views of some of us, and you are quite quick to proclaim opposing views as "wrong".

it's not really subjective.
Of course it is. You are assessing the potential of something being wrong with the item purchased through warehouse deals on YOUR opinon/experience, vs. how much you value YOUR time if you had to return it. Others are judging the perceived risk based on THEIR experience and whether it's worth THEIR potential time.

As for ignorance, nothing like a fool who doesn't even know he is a fool.
Agreed.

We bought one of these back in June of 2011 for $45 from Amazon...it did a great job on our cross country relocation with all sorts of weather. I prefer a hard top box, but in lieu of that, this worked really well for us.

aarzi said:   purvis said:   aarzi said:   portal45 said:   Got one of the used ones ("very good" condition). I'm sure these are just returns that they couldn't sell as new. Works for me!And just because you are sure, that makes it so?

Well, you thought wrong!

FW mantra is not getting the lowest price. It is getting the best value. There is smart, and there is cheap. You smack of cheap!
Case in point: getting used "from $29", while new is $37, does not represent the best value.

As for "no-hassle" returns, it's not only about getting your money back. It's about wasting your time and effort and lost opportunities. Again, case in point: you pass up on the opportunity to buy this for $37, and get a used one for chump-change less, then have to return it. Where does that leave you? It leaves you without the product, and out your time and effort and blocked money until you get it back.

Warehouse price is 22% ($8) lower. If that was chump change to everybody interested in this item, they would have all just bought it when it was $45-50.

Will this work as waterproof storage on the balcony?

I picked up a few of these...trying for true FWer style (and cost):

9 x 9 drawstring tarp

Lowes had secure-tite waterproof roof top cargo bag, 15 cubic ft, in clearance for $7.99
zip code 45177

cuta said:   Lowes had secure-tite waterproof roof top cargo bag, 15 cubic ft, in clearance for $7.99
zip code 45177

Was it in-store only? I'm not seeing any cargo bags at Lowes.com

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.