• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this flip phone at Target on sale for $4.95 (down from $14.95). It's not on their website, just, apparently, in stores.

It's an extremely basic cell phone according to reviews (no camera, mp3 player, etc.), but does have GPS.

Here's the phone info from the Virgin Mobile site.

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile discounts that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung Entro Prepaid Virgin Mobile Phone
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I used to have Virgin Mobile a few years back, and always used the pay-as-you-go method. I think it was $20 every 90 days (or $15 if you did autofill). The rate per minute wasn't the greatest, 18-cents per, but for the occasional use, it was fine. But while trying to find the specs on this phone, I noticed that Virgin Mobile doesn't seem to have the three-month pay plan. Unless I missed it, it seems like all they have is the PayLo 30-day plans. My Mom has been on the pay as you go plan for years, I think her balance is well over $200 now, but she is still on the 90-day plan. Has she been grandfathered in, or is the PAYGO plan just hidden on VM's site?

anonguy said:   I used to have Virgin Mobile a few years back, and always used the pay-as-you-go method. I think it was $20 every 90 days (or $15 if you did autofill). The rate per minute wasn't the greatest, 18-cents per, but for the occasional use, it was fine. But while trying to find the specs on this phone, I noticed that Virgin Mobile doesn't seem to have the three-month pay plan. Unless I missed it, it seems like all they have is the PayLo 30-day plans. My Mom has been on the pay as you go plan for years, I think her balance is well over $200 now, but she is still on the 90-day plan. Has she been grandfathered in, or is the PAYGO plan just hidden on VM's site?
The plan is still active. Look up "minute by minute" on their FAQ.

I needed a new phone to replace the one I originally signed on to Virgin Mobile with. After coming across this thread, I went down to Target and did, indeed, find it on sale for $4.99. Even the cashier was not aware of this sale and said she was buying one, too. The sale tag indicated this price is valid from December 16th to December 29th, 2012. I did not find this deal published in any of the Target sale flyers I have floating around the house this week.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014