• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, 16GB (Sprint)

Price: $0.01 (Blue or White) + $36 activation fee

Free 2 day shipping: Orders received by 3PM ET Mon-Fri are delivered in two business days (pending carrier approval, excludes P.O. boxes)

ETA: direct link for the white

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S III
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Verison is still $59.99 for this phone. Why, we don't know... Guess they are so "important" that they don't feel they have to compete on phone price. Just an idea...

BTW, with Sprint, per their own Sprint coverage map in California only shows "3G + more" (or just 3G, bottomline) for my area... However, just today it was announced that Sprint bought Clearwire so their 4G network could increase; won't know until it's done.. Verison costs more but has 4G LTE everywhere (just like the commercials).

Lack of 4G LTE coverage is the reason I stuck with Verizon when I renewed not long ago through Amazon.

Sprint rolling out 4G LTE service.
Will be most of 2013 until they cover the country.
BTW... the $.01 phone ---- cannot get phone if you're on the SERO plan
(dammit)

Appelski said:   Sprint rolling out 4G LTE service.
Will be most of 2013 until they cover the country.
BTW... the $.01 phone ---- cannot get phone if you're on the SERO plan
(dammit)

Sounds like you missed Sprint's $0.99 Black Friday offer: www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235842/

All hope may not be lost. Skim through the comments in that thread: a lot of folks (including those with SERO) were able to get Sprint to match prices at other retailers. Make sure you speak to the Acct Services dept., and have any offers they make written in the notes on your account. Also request free shipping and no activation fee. You may need to speak to a few people to get all of that, but it's doable, especially if you are out of contract.

This only applies to NEW accounts. Upgrades are $99.99

does NOT apply to upgrades. So annoying that people don't put that in the title and save people the time and aggravation of having to click through the motions. One add'l word in the title, "NEW" (2yr Contract @ Amazon.com)...

cpusrvc said:   This only applies to NEW accounts. Upgrades are $99.99
Upgrades and add new line to previous accounts are $99.99.

This seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if I will be able to apply my 20% discount to the monthly service fees if I sign up through Amazon? I get a 20% discount through my company's employee discount program with Sprint.

vwvr7vw said:   This seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if I will be able to apply my 20% discount to the monthly service fees if I sign up through Amazon? I get a 20% discount through my company's employee discount program with Sprint.

Yes, the corporate discount is applied by Sprint, doesn't matter where you purchased.

You look absolute dumb assholding a tablet sized phone near your ear

king0fSpades said:   You look absolute dumb assholding a tablet sized phone near your ear

1. The GS3 has a 4.8 inch screen. That's hardly tablet sized.
2. Caring about how you look over how well something functions is lame. If a bigger screen is more functional for what you use the device for, who cares if the cool kids think you look like a dumbass holding it up to your ear.
3. How do you think posting negative comments in a thread you're clearly not interested in makes you look?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014