• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

vm (35.65kB)
Disclaimer
Optimus Slider for Virgin Mobile back in stock, price is now $40

link

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile promo codes that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Opti (112.22kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG

funny how it was sold out for $19.9x and became available for $40.

xfree said:   funny how it was sold out for $19.9x and became available for $40.
i wasn't going to miss out this time - bought top ups on eBay $44 for $60 topup - had the seller add to account (happened almost instantly) (got $2 CashBack from eBay) bought 3 phones each with CashBack from FW - net cost of phones - $23.xx

lemonhead said:   xfree said:   funny how it was sold out for $19.9x and became available for $40.
i wasn't going to miss out this time - bought top ups on eBay $44 for $60 topup - had the seller add to account (happened almost instantly) (got $2 CashBack from eBay) bought 3 phones each with CashBack from FW - net cost of phones - $23.xx

FYI, there are big warnings in the eBay forums that most phone cards that are discounted more than 10% on eBay are fraudulent. There have been several cases where after a couple months the phone provider has demanded the return of the minutes and/or monies from people that top'd up with those cards. Not sure what they would do about phones if that turned out to be the case.

arribasn said:   lemonhead said:   xfree said:   funny how it was sold out for $19.9x and became available for $40.

FYI, there are big warnings in the eBay forums that most phone cards that are discounted more than 10% on eBay are fraudulent. There have been several cases where after a couple months the phone provider has demanded the return of the minutes and/or monies from people that top'd up with those cards. Not sure what they would do about phones if that turned out to be the case.

I guess I'd like to know how the forums know so much about these being fraudulent - if that's the case, shouldn't eBay be removing them?
paid via paypal - so i guess if there's a problem, paypal will handle it!

most of the heavily discounted ones are removed be eBay but they can take a while...

guess we'll see what happens - I wonder if anyone has had this problem and how it was "resolved"?

arribasn said:   lemonhead said:   xfree said:   funny how it was sold out for $19.9x and became available for $40.

I've bought probably 90% of my top-ups on eBay for the past 5 years and never had Virgin Mobile back any of my account balance out. There are a lot of sellers right now that have heavy discounted cards and they seem to pop up and go out of stock at the same time. There have probably been 1000s of cards sold this month on eBay since these have first been discounted this much. Has anyone ever personally had their account balance taken from them?

sucks badly

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014