• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Big Bullet, Cheap Price. Me Likey.

Link

The Rossi R44102 .44 Magnum Revolver features a rubber grip with deep, contoured finger grooves and has fiber-optic front and fixed rear sights. This single/double-action revolver is designed with a transfer bar and the Taurus Security System. 2" barrel with a blued finish.

Features and Benefits
Single and double action

2" barrel with a blued finish
Rubber grip with deep, contoured finger grooves
Fiber-optic front sight; fixed rear sight
Transfer bar and the Taurus Security System

Member Summary

Looks to be the same gun sold on BF for close to the same price...nice find.

Way cool! Anyone know any reliable glock alternatives? I'd like solely for home defense, but could do without the $500 price tag.

opathal said:   Way cool! Anyone know any reliable glock alternatives? I'd like solely for home defense, but could do without the $500 price tag.
That depends on many factors...

2" barrel on a 44 mag? Hang on tight!

Better get them now...just saw Obama's speech. Prices will skyrocket soon if not already. Sad, really.

coolbreeze said:   Better get them now...just saw Obama's speech. Prices will skyrocket soon if not already. Sad, really.

He has been directing his focus on "assault weapons" and "semi-auto" handguns. Not saying that the price won't go up, just specifying on what I've been hearing.

I'm a big Rossi fan, but want to caution anyone who goes to Academy to buy one of these: Examine the gun closely for mechanical problems like timing and cylinder lockup. Not long ago, I was looking at the Rossi 3" 357 mag revolver at Academy (which were widely reported as spotty, quality wise), and I was dismayed to see how poorly machined it was. There were notable defects on the cylinder ratchet. I pointed it out to the employee behind the counter, who said, "Oops, that one needs to go back to the distributor."

I've owned a number of Rossi products over the years, generally well made and servicable. But quality has gotten iffy lately.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014