• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lenovo Outlet

You must use their coupon code indicated on the product pages (eg. right now it's DOORBUSTERS, but it MAY CHANGE!)
Lots of great deals that rotate in and out (stock constantly changing, so check hourly/daily!).

eg. Cheapest Z580 i5 system is typically $599. Education store lists it for $539 (10% off). Outlet yesterday was $506 (~16% off). Right now, on the Outlet, it's $405 (32% off).

eg. a true 1920x1080 screen'd Y580 new typically at $1000+ for $686!!!!
(seriously, you will NOT find another 1920x1080 new laptop at this price range, IMO)

No, these prices ARE NOT STUNNING for any ol' i5 notebook - other brands are cheaper (eg. Asus at Microcenter) - but for a Lenovo for those that want one, pretty damn good!
For the Y580, stunning! - nothing else out there will give you a new 1920x1080 display at this price.

Member Summary

Lenovo i5
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I ordered an Ideapad p580 for 354 shipped.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Processor (2.50GHz, up to 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB Cache, 1333MHz)( )Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - EnglishDisplay: 15.6" HD WXGA (1366 X 768) LED Backlight w/ 720p HD Camera"Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000Memory: 6GB (2GB & 4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM SODIMM MemoryHard Drive: 750GB, 5400RPM Serial ATA 2.5" Hard DriveOptical Drive: DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer

Where did you find the P580, I can't see it anywhere on the site except for a mention that its sold at Best Buy?

Damn... Y580 is OOS. Was looking for something with that kind of resolution for a while.

alanis said:   Where did you find the P580, I can't see it anywhere on the site except for a mention that its sold at Best Buy?

You have to go through the Outlet site. I selected Laptops, then filtered by i5 CPU, and 7 were in stock that showed up as scratch and dent. I got one.

Oh, reminder.

For those that buy systems with Windows 7 on them, it's been talked about on forum.notebookreview.com that some of the latest Windows 8 systems do not ship with the OneKey menu selection to create any sort of recovery disks. This may be unverified talk on systems that were incorrectly setup & shipped perhaps?

In any case, you can use the Windows tools to backup your system for recovery:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4241/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-7/

Or, you can use the free Western Digital or Seagate disk tools utility (rebranded Acronis Backup) with a Western Digital or Seagate drive to backup your system to an external hard drive.

---

Finally, if you get a system with Windows 7, remember the $19 upgrade to Windows 8 deal expires soon:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/upgrade-offer
Along with the free Windows 8 Media Center Pack:
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/extremewindows/archive/2012/12/10/running-windows-8-pro-get-the-windows-media-center-pack-for-free.aspx

Best way to go about it all may be to create a full backup of your Windows 7 system the moment you get it (so you can restore to factory fresh condition).
Then buy and install Windows 8 + Media Center for $19 and backup that (to get in on the cheap upgrade offer and media pack).

Optional: Restore to use Windows 7 if you don't like Windows 8 right now (keeping the option open to put Windows 8 back on later should you choose).

Outlet.Lenovo.com -> BIG AD GRAPHIC, Click on Shop Now for ONLY THE DOORBUSTER SALES!!

If you want to see the ENTIRE OUTLET inventory, scroll DOWN to the BOTTOM and click on any of the 4 SHOP LAPTOPS & ULTRABOOKS links (yes, they all take you to the same page).

YOU WILL NOT SEE ALL INVENTORY if you simply click the YELLOW SHOP NOW DOORBUSTERS LINK in the graphic!!

---

For the P-series, click 'shop laptops & ultrabooks' at the bottom of the page, click the 'P series' checkbox on the left, select the pulldown menu at the top of the listings and sort by 'price low to high'.

Right now, lists $334 P580 i5 scratch & dent with 1 year warranty, but if out of stock, check back hourly or daily since stock keeps rotating in and out. Also, you can search other models as well for i5 notebooks using the left hand side checkboxes.

Depending on the price, the i3 or i7 models on sale may be a better bang for your buck:
Common 3rd generation Intel i3/i5/i7 CPUs

2Core/4Thread i3-3110M 2.4Ghz Passmark 2955
2Core/4Thread i5-3210M 2.5/3.1Ghz Passmark 3836 (30% faster)
4Core/8Thread i7-3632QM 2.2/3.2Ghz Passmark 7237 (88% faster vs i5, 245% faster vs i3)

---

Keep in mind, if you WANT faster USB 3.0 ports, typically, you'll want to a laptop with a 3rd generation i3/i5/i7 (model # stars with 3xxx, eg. 3110m). Almost all of the 2nd gen models that I've searched only ship with USB 2.0 ports.

(eg. For the Z series, that's the 8 models - 380/480/580. 2nd gen is 370/470/570.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014