Behind Enemy Lines
Lethal Weapon
The Siege
Never Been Kissed
Psycho
The Producers
Wrong Turn 2
Big Trouble in Little China

Step1: Create a new VUDU account (see below for what to do if you already have one)
Step2: Create an ultraviolet account, if you don't have one already, or link your existing ultraviolet account (you'll be prompted to do this when you're setting up the VUDU account)
That's it!

If you already have a VUDU account and want to add the 10 movies to your existing account, the follow instructions I found on SD worked for me:

Unlink your Vudu account from UltraViolet.
Logout of Vudu.
Create new Vudu account (using OP's link) and link it to your existing UltraViolet Account.
10-movies will be added to your UV account.
Now unlink your new Vudu Account and your UV account.
Logout of Vudu.
Log back into Vudu with your original account and re-link UV.
The 10 free movies should now be added to the original account along with any previous movie's from Vudu (in addition to any free UV movies from http://www.flixster.com/ you may have gotten)

Also in case you don't know if for some reason you have multiple UV accounts you can merge them together into one from the UV account page (my.uvvu.com)

Do at your own risk, not responsible for any lost movies, account deactivation, or anything else.

Member Summary

10 Free movies from VUDU
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Vudu
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's even easier - just go to Vudu.com and the sign-up process automatically creates the ultaviolet account and links them. You are prompted to enter billing information but there is an option to Skip this and then the movies are in your account!

Green for you, but this is a repost, sorry Yuyak, you are my man, but a repost is a repost.
Here is the link from the free section.

ElGuache said:   Green for you, but this is a repost, sorry Yuyak, you are my man, but a repost is a repost.
Here is the link from the free section.
oops, I guess I forgot to check the "free stuff" forum.

thanks so much, just did it. took 5 mins and i have them all in my account

took 2 mins and i am all set!thanks Op

Awesome -- worked for me! Thank you very much.

existing vudu member. did as you instructed and got the movies..thanks... although repost, i would have never known since i dont check out the free stuff section

Got the free movies too. I would of never seen this in the freestuff forum either. Thanks.

Thanks, I got the free movies too. I sometimes check the freestuff forum, but not recently.

Sweet, something else to check on on the Roku whenever it arrives! Thanks OP!

also if you have xbox 360 or ps3 and you use one of those for vudu already, download vudu and sign into your account to your other device you will get a $5.99 credit from them i use vudu on my xbox but i downloaded the app on my ps3 and signed into my account and it says thanks for activating vudu you have a $5.99 credit

Followed the SD Steps and worked perfectly! Thanks

I would jump on this if one didn't have to swear allegiance to UV. link

FrugalFreak said:   I would jump on this if one didn't have to swear allegiance to UV. link
Thanks for taking off the red, and I guess I understand what you are saying. So basicaly, we are getting the free movies for one year, according to CNET and the fine print that no one seems to look at for VUDU and UV. I can live with that since I never intended on using their service, just get the freebies, at least for a year.

FrugalFreak said:   I would jump on this if one didn't have to swear allegiance to UV. link huh... had no idea. Thanks for sharing. I only intend to use UV for this kind of stuff (free movies) or for blurays that comes with UV and I consider that a bonus and not part of the consideration of the purchase so none of my money is going to them.

did everyone with a Roku find this as a channel? I looked more than once and did not find VUDU

KKDowing said:   did everyone with a Roku find this as a channel? I looked more than once and did not find VUDU

Found it quite easily. Think it was on the Most Popular list.

maybe our Roku is too old...

Yuyak said:   http://www.vudu.com/

10 free movies:
The Perfect Storm
Valentine's Day
Behind Enemy Lines
Lethal Weapon
The Siege
Never Been Kissed
Psycho
The Producers
Wrong Turn 2
Big Trouble in Little China

Step1: Create a new VUDU account (see below for what to do if you already have one)
Step2: Create an ultraviolet account, if you don't have one already, or link your existing ultraviolet account (you'll be prompted to do this when you're setting up the VUDU account)
That's it!

If you already have a VUDU account and want to add the 10 movies to your existing account, the follow instructions I found on SD worked for me:

Unlink your Vudu account from UltraViolet.
Logout of Vudu.
Create new Vudu account (using OP's link) and link it to your existing UltraViolet Account.
10-movies will be added to your UV account.
Now unlink your new Vudu Account and your UV account.
Logout of Vudu.
Log back into Vudu with your original account and re-link UV.
The 10 free movies should now be added to the original account along with any previous movie's from Vudu (in addition to any free UV movies from http://www.flixster.com/ you may have gotten)

Free UV movies from Flixster? How do I get those?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014