• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot FAR software for the week of 12/23/2012

Titles with completely new rebates:

AVG INTERNET SECURITY 1U 13 [331684] $49.99 LINK
++ advertised as "FREE After $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $30 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$20 standard rebate #12-38041 LINK
--- rebate valid from 12/23/2012 through 12/29/2012
--- paid via VISA prepaid card
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- "if downloaded digitally, write the license number ... on the line provided below"
$30 upgrade rebate #12-38042 LINK
--- paid via VISA prepaid card
--- copy of UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- "if downloaded digitally, write the license number ... on the line provided below"
--- proof of previous ownership of a standalone, retail (boxed or downloaded) version of any other company's Internet Security software product by furnishing either a copy of the previous product CD, first page of user manual, or your confirmation email from your previous download purchase
++ AVG rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.rebateshq.com

TITANIUM MAXIMUM SECURITY 3U [220795] $89.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE After $45 Mfr. Mail-In & $45 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$45 standard rebate #12-38181 LINK
--- Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box or the original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)[The UPC code and the proof of purchase are two separate items]
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- copy of receipt with a Trend Micro purchase price of $25.00 or greater
$45 upgrade rebate #12-38183 LINK
--- Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box or the original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from bottom of package, no photocopies will be accepted)[The UPC code and the proof of purchase are two separate items]
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- copy of receipt with a purchase price of $25.00 or greater
--- Proof of prior ownership of a retail (boxed or downloaded) stand-alone version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, or any Norton™ or McAfee™ product, by providing one of the following: product CD [photo copy generally OK], product disk (disk 1 only), title page of owner’s manual from a retail purchase, or the email confirmation for a download purchse.
++ Trend Micro rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.rebateshq.com

iolo System Mechanic PC TotalCare® [314637] $59.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE After $30 Mfr. Mail-In & $30 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$30 standard rebate #12-38682 LINK
--- original proof of purchase seal
--- copy of UPC code
--- copy of receipt
$30 upgrade rebate #12-38841 LINK
++ Upgrade rebates for iolo titles are generally long lived. This is the first appearance of this upgrade rebate in the Office Depot FAR threads.
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- proof of previous ownership:
------ Valid for previous owners of Norton System 360™, Norton Utilities™, Avanquest System Suite™, Avanquest Fix-It Utilities™ , Total Defense PC Tune-Up ™ , Defender Pro ™ or any product from iolo.
------ Previous owners of stand-alone / retail products must enclose a photocopy of the CD, original first page of the manual, or original invoice for electronically delivered products.

Titles with CONTINUING rebates:

iolo DriveScrubber, Traditional Disc [388950] $29.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE After $3 Instant, $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $10 Mfr Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
++ As of this posting, the online price is $31.49
$20 standard rebate #12-38681 LINK
--- original of the proof-of-purchase seal
--- photocopy of the UPC code
--- copy of receipt
$10 CONTINUING "onbox" standard rebate #11-57242 LINK
--- rebate valid through 12/31/2012
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- Redeemable only on versions released on or after 12/31/2010.

Avanquest Fix-It Utilities 12 Professional, Traditional Disc [494266] $39.99 LINK
++ advertised as "FREE After $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $20 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$20 standard rebate #600-118 LINK
--- original UPC code (0-18059-10264-4)
--- copy of receipt
$20 CONTINUING on-box upgrade rebate #FF1220 LINK
++ Be advised that the Nova Development/Avanquest rebate processor has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- Registration Card
--- Receipt
--- Box Top
--- Copy of Competitive Product's Help/About Screen, Manual OR CD
------ Upgrade/Competitive upgrade titles include: Previous versions of Fix It Utilities, System Mechanic, System Mechanic Professional, System Mechanic Premium, Norton Utilities, Norton SystemWorks, Tune-Up Utilities & Registry Mechanic
--- presubmit at webate.avanquestusa.com

Avanquest System Suite 12 Professional, Traditional Disc [494797] $49.99 LINK
++ FREE After $30 Mfr. Mail-In Savings & $20 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings
$30 standard rebate #600-116 LINK
--- original UPC code (0-18059-10266-8)
--- copy of receipt
$20 CONTINUING "onbox" upgrade rebate #SS1220 LINK
++ Be advised that the Nova Development/Avanquest rebate processor has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- registration card
--- copy of receipt
--- box top
--- copy of competive product's Help/About Screen, manual OR cd
------ upgrade/competitive upgrade titles include: Previous versions of System Suite Professional, System Mechanic, System Mechanic Professional, System Mechanic Premium, Norton Utilities, Norton SystemWorks, Tune-Up Utilities & Registry Mechanic

WebEasy® 8 Professional, Traditional Disc [485613] $49.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$4.99 After $45 in (2) Mfr. Mail-In Savings"
$35 standard rebate #600-117 LINK
--- original UPC code (0-18059-10094-7)
--- copy of receipt
$10 CONTINUING "onbox" standard rebate WE810 LINK
--- copy of receipt
--- registration card
--- rebate form or sticker or paper
--- product box top

McAfee rebate titles:

McAfee® Total Protection 2013, For 1 User, Traditional Disc [830743] $51.99 LINK
++ See McAfee alert below
++ Advertised as "$7.99 After $8 Instant & $44 Mfr. Mail-In Savings"
$44 standard rebate #12-38167 LINK
--- paid via prepaid Visa card
--- original UPC code (731944630038)
--- copy of receipt
++ McAfee rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.mcafeerebates.com

====================

****ALERT ON McAfee REBATES****

McAfee enforces a one per product limit on its rebates. It does not matter if the rebate has a different rebate number or offer period. The rebate invalidation message is "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

UPDATE:
--- While it appeared from several posts over the past year on FW and SD that McAfee was no longer enforcing the one rebate per product limit, it now appears that the "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process" invalidation has returned. LINK
--- There is one poster on FW who had not submitted a McAfee rebate since falling victim to the Summer 2010 debacle until June 2012. The rebate submission was invalidated. After failing to get the rebate processor to valid the rebate, the poster was able to convince a McAfee representative to make good on the rebate. Not sure what to make of this but it is possible that at least some of those black listed during the Summer 2010 debacle are black listed for life.

====================

NOTES:

--- Link to Office Depot's rebate website: LINK
--- "FAR": free after rebate
--- "completely new rebates": the goal of my Office Depot rebate threads is that the rebates of any title listed in the "completely new rebates" category can be submitted without concern for past rebate submissions.
--- "standard rebate": all rebate proofs can be satisfied with the purchase of the title.
--- "upgrade rebate": at least one rebate proof requires providing a certain proof of owning a previous version of the product or a competitors' product.
--- "CONTINUING rebate": the rebate was not offered for the first time during this offer period. Please check your rebate submission history to determine whether you have submitted this rebate in the past.
--- "onbox" or "inbox" rebate: the rebate form or the information for submitting the rebate are found on or in the product box. If known, a link to a pdf version of the rebate or the pre-submission information for the rebate are provided.

====================

The following search should return most earlier "Office Depot FAR software" threads: SEARCH LINK

====================

Office Depot
See Office Depot discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Avanquest
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you OP

B&M only had 3 of AVG and the Trend Micro along with 6 of the PCTotalCare.
On a unrelated note, the cash register system is very flexible...possibly more flexible than the WalMart/Sam's Club system

(WalMart if I remember correctly allows upto 5-6 bank/credit cards before forcing the customer to use cash for a transaction...i was buying a WalMart GC to use a Sam's Club later
online, Sam's Club can handle a combo of 2 cc + at least 2 GCs...I think)

the reason why I said the OD system might be more flexible is because i was able to use 1 coupon on the software purchase, then used 9 GCs (1 merchandise card, and then 8 lady gaga $20 GCs) then came the rebates and receipts....the cashier was very understanding about it though.

one last thing...for some reason, the Trend Micro and the AVG were behind the counter and not on the shelves. trust their inventory in this situation.

update: if a person purchased the iolo totalcare, use the pdfs provided in the OP (in particular #12-38682, when it prints out at the register at B&M the terms are confusing -- it too requires only the original UPC...so just follow the pdf file)

15% off everything in the bag @ Staples, could be used for a competitor coupon for OD - http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/listingimages/Retailers/S...

On a related note, I wish so much that the Staples registers would be as good as the OD ones about % off the total purchase. Annoying to have a cashier have to break out a calculator for each item.

pthor1231 said:   15% off everything in the bag @ Staples, could be used for a competitor coupon for OD - http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/listingimages/Retailers/S...

On a related note, I wish so much that the Staples registers would be as good as the OD ones about % off the total purchase. Annoying to have a cashier have to break out a calculator for each item.

Just confirming that I was successful in using the 15% off Staples coupon at B&M OD on the Trend Micro/AVG titles listed in the OP.

Covered my sales tax and will be about an $11mm after 4 postage stamps to mail in 4 rebates (2 reg/2 upgrade)

can you do the titanium rebate with OD if you also doing the same titanium product rebate with Newegg (differnt offer number)

carryon said:   can you do the titanium rebate with OD if you also doing the same titanium product rebate with Newegg (differnt offer number)
To date, as long as the rebate numbers have been different it has been all good.

I think I posted in an older thread, but has any body else had problems doing the intuit quick books rebate that was posted last month? I got a postcard saying "pending intuit review" today. Says have to submit verifying info. by 1/12/13 but doesnt request anything.

has anyone received the AVG rebates mentioned in OP? I only see the status for the upgrade for AVG, but the $20 status has not shown up for me...the other software stati have shown up, but the AVG is the one that i'm not sure why it's not showing up yet (misspelling of name or address? just slow in showing up?) I'll give it 3 more weeks...sigh

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014