Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

11/22/63
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's the Swindle edition only.

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/amazon-kindle-swindle

"This malicious device designed to attack the traditional freedoms of readers: There's the freedom to acquire a book anonymously, paying cash impossible with the Kindle for all well-known recent books. There's the freedom to give, lend, or sell a book to anyone you wish blocked by DRM and unjust licenses. Then there's the freedom to keep a book denied by a back door for remote deletion of books." Richard Stallman, president of the Free Software Foundation

ryanfarmer said:   It's the Swindle edition only.

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/amazon-kindle-swindle

"This malicious device designed to attack the traditional freedoms of readers: There's the freedom to acquire a book anonymously, paying cash impossible with the Kindle for all well-known recent books. There's the freedom to give, lend, or sell a book to anyone you wish blocked by DRM and unjust licenses. Then there's the freedom to keep a book denied by a back door for remote deletion of books." Richard Stallman, president of the Free Software Foundation

Yeah, it says it's the Kindle version in the title. Anyone interested in the Kindle version knows what that entails. Could you go troll a Windows 8 board instead?

Thanks!

I was surprised at how many books cant be lent. Through the programs for lending. Example Nicholas sparks books. I wanted to read the time travelers wife and water for elephants. They all lead you to a spot to askt the writer to allow lending.

Jlovey2 said:   I was surprised at how many books cant be lent. Through the programs for lending. Example Nicholas sparks books. I wanted to read the time travelers wife and water for elephants. They all lead you to a spot to askt the writer to allow lending.

If you have prime membership, you can "borrow" water for elephants for free. I did this yesterday

Thanks!

I was disappointed that I could only loan a book once, for two weeks. Then I couldn't loan it to someone else later. Either way, $4 seems a good price for a recent S. King novel. Thanks OP.

I really enjoyed this book.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014