Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Apple TV
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Who would buy this? Lots of better options, IMO.

My sister-in-law is getting one for her husband. Long on money, short on technical skills. Perfect fit

Can it be jailbroken yet?

gremlins718 said:   Can it be jailbroken yet?

Not yet.

What are some alternatives to Apple TV?

clearanceman said:   Who would buy this? Lots of better options, IMO.

AirPlay

clearanceman said:   Who would buy this? Lots of better options, IMO.

Not for an Apple centric user/family, no.

Apple TV is fantastic we use ours (4 units) heavily. I could care less about JB, in fact I'm gonna sell my version 2 units soon to profit as they seem to be getting a nice premium these days.

$89.99 is a great deal for these.

I have and enjoy both my Apple TV and Roku.
Only thing I don't like about the Apple TV is the remote. It's way too small in my opinion. I don't use it anyway though so it's a non issue for me.

Works great with Netflix and airplay. If you own an iPad and newer Ivy Bridge mac than it's very handy to use airplay either for games etc, they show up nice on my 55" samsung. I stream all my content to it: movies, pictures, and music to my HDTV. Everyone in the house has a remote (iphone)

Roku is cool too but if you own lots of apple products this little box pulls them all together nicely (airplay, icloud.. etc)

bones11111111111 said:   Works great with Netflix and airplay. If you own an iPad and newer Ivy Bridge mac than it's very handy to use airplay either for games etc, they show up nice on my 55" samsung. I stream all my content to it: movies, pictures, and music to my HDTV. Everyone in the house has a remote (iphone)

Roku is cool too but if you own lots of apple products this little box pulls them all together nicely (airplay, icloud.. etc)

can this stream h264?

OOS everywhere. Have a $10 coupon too, making it $79. Oh well.

I thought 89.00 was the going sale price for this, not sure if this is hot or not...

Dil

Silentguilt said:   bones11111111111 said:   Works great with Netflix and airplay. If you own an iPad and newer Ivy Bridge mac than it's very handy to use airplay either for games etc, they show up nice on my 55" samsung. I stream all my content to it: movies, pictures, and music to my HDTV. Everyone in the house has a remote (iphone)

can this stream h264?

Of course. I've converted my DVD library, and it works great. Much better than hunting down the DVD.

Even though it showed OOS at my local BB, I went anyway. After all, there is always a pile of them for sale.

Not a single one in the store.

It's amazing what a $10 discount on Apple products causes people to do!

This product is still available online and in North Georgia it is available at many stores (at least according to the website)

My main complaint about this device is that it does not support gigabit networks.

frett said:   My main complaint about this device is that it does not support gigabit networks.

And you would need it... why? This has no local storage, all it does is stream 100 is still faster than the highest quality the box can stream and play back.

vipercon said:   frett said:   My main complaint about this device is that it does not support gigabit networks.

And you would need it... why? This has no local storage, all it does is stream 100 is still faster than the highest quality the box can stream and play back.

Good point. I forgot it has no storage!

This is perfect if you already have other mac products. I utilize the airplay quite a bit since this is hooked to my sound system. There might be better options out there, but for anyone who has a couple of mac products, this is probably the best. Simple and easy to use. The only downside for me is that it doesn't support Amaz0n VOD.

yeah I just used handbreak and did all my dvds for the kids etc and store them on a drive on my network. I think ATV will only get better and right now I'm happy with it, man I would flip if they added a OTA TV tuner, guide and DVR functions

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014