from your Wii U GamePad to get it

Member Summary

PlayOn
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Looks like we have been busted.

Dear PlayOn Customer,

Your PlayOn license was acquired as part of a recent promotion to W... (more)

gilkm (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 8:15p) |

I got the same email, having free youtube and hulu on my TV was great while it lasted.

isaacoply (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 8:23p) |

try plex its free

dmarcdonna (Dec. 30, 2012 @ 11:15a) |

Lets give credit where credit due for the fellow on SD who showed how to hack without having a Wii U or cannot wait until 24th for the credit to expire

Full disclosure, this is a hack that allows users to register for this promotion in a way that was not intended by PlayOn and is posted here for educational purposes only.

This "hack" will be using Chrome, but the principles of it should work for other browsers so as long as you are able to get by the flash detection check and change the browser's user agent string to match the Wii U's.

Step 1:
Download the user User-Agent Switcher extension here, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-fo...

Step 2:
Once installed, click on the extension's icon and select settings.

Step 3:
Add the following information to create a new 'Customer User-Agent'
New User-agent name: Wii U
New User-Agent String: Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo WiiU) AppleWebKit/534.52 (KHTML, like Gecko) NX/{Version No} NintendoBrowser/{Version No}.US
Group: Consoles
Append?: Replace
Indicator Flag: WU
Step 4:
Click on the User-Agent Switcher Extension icon, select Consoles, and click on Wii U.

Step 5:
Disable the Adobe Flash Player by going to chrome://plugins/ (copy & paste this in your address bar) and click on 'Disable' under Adobe Flash Player.

Step 6:
Visit http://www.playon.tv/buy/redeem/wiiu/ and enjoy.

Clean up (restore Chrome's to its previous state):
Step 1:
Right click the User-Agent Switcher extension and either disable or remove from chrome.

Step 2:
Enable the Adobe Flash Player by going to chrome://plugins/ (copy & paste this in your address bar) and click on 'Enable' under Adobe Flash Player.

Step 3 (optional):
Copy and paste chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar, type PlayOn in the search box, delete the two PlayOn entries.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, hope it's still live after Santa makes his delivery

gizmo said:   Nice, hope it's still live after Santa makes his delivery

Ditto!

gizmo said:   Nice, hope it's still live after Santa makes his delivery

It won't, fine print says deal expires 12/24/2012.

samrayburn said:   gizmo said:   Nice, hope it's still live after Santa makes his delivery

It won't, fine print says deal expires 12/24/2012.

where did you find the fine print? through the system link? .. don't make me unwrap lol

Lets give credit where credit due for the fellow on SD who showed how to hack without having a Wii U

Full disclosure, this is a hack that allows users to register for this promotion in a way that was not intended by PlayOn and is posted here for educational purposes only.

This "hack" will be using Chrome, but the principles of it should work for other browsers so as long as you are able to get by the flash detection check and change the browser's user agent string to match the Wii U's.
See wiki for configurations for other browsers (if someone would be so kind to add instructions for another browser).

Step 1:
Download the user User-Agent Switcher extension here, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-fo...

Step 2:

Step 3:
New User-Agent String: Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo WiiU) AppleWebKit/534.52 (KHTML, like Gecko) NX/{Version No} NintendoBrowser/{Version No}.US
Step 4:
Click on the User-Agent Switcher Extension icon, select Consoles, and click on Wii U.

Step 5:
Disable the Adobe Flash Player by going to chrome://plugins/ (copy & paste this in your address bar) and click on 'Disable' under Adobe Flash Player.

Step 6:

Step 1:
Right click the User-Agent Switcher extension and either disable or remove from chrome.

Step 2:
Enable the Adobe Flash Player by going to chrome://plugins/ (copy & paste this in your address bar) and click on 'Enable' under Adobe Flash Player.

Step 3 (optional):
Copy and paste chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar, type PlayOn in the search box, delete the two PlayOn entries.

Thanks!

sin94 said:   Lets give credit where credit due for the fellow on SD who showed how to hack without having a Wii U

Woohoo.. thanks to whoever at SD & Sin for posting No unwrapping necessary.

Congratulations!
Thanks for checking out PlayOn! Your free PlayOn license key has been sent to: /deleted/
Check your email for instructions on how to download PlayOn and get started using PlayOn with your Wii U. Enjoy!

I got it work. got key and installed on PC and registered. I dont have WII U. Can i watch all these channels on my Laptop? they asked user ID and passowrd for HULU Netflix etc. I thought they all come free for one year. Can someone tell me how to watch TV channels on Laptop for this offer?

sin94 said:   Lets give credit where credit due for the fellow on SD who showed how to hack without having a Wii U

See wiki for configurations for other browsers (if someone would be so kind to add instructions for another browser).

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:
Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3 (optional):
Doesn't work for me using Chrome.
step 2 - no "settings" option
step 4 - no "consoles" option

when I visit the playon page it says to visit another page from the Wii U.

jimates said:   sin94 said:   Lets give credit where credit due for the fellow on SD who showed how to hack without having a Wii U

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:
Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3 (optional):
Doesn't work for me using Chrome.
step 2 - no "settings" option
step 4 - no "consoles" option

when I visit the playon page it says to visit another page from the Wii U.

edit: OK, got it to work. I right clicked instead of left click on icon.

Thanks OP!

Nuko said:    they asked user ID and passowrd for HULU Netflix etc. I thought they all come free for one year.

this topic would be a lot longer and greener if that were the case

Playon is awesome. 1 year subscriptions are $20.00 and la lifetime membership is $40.00. They give a 2 week free trial. My advice is try it for free and then grab the life time license.

This is one of the supposed 'options' that a lot of Googling came up with, when I was trying to find a way to stream Amazon Prime Instant Video to a TV in another room.

Has anyone had any success with that?

I have a Blu-ray player that supports DLNA and Netflix, but sadly isn't Amazon compatible. My TV isnt new enough to be a 'SmartTV' and dragging any of our multiple computers into the living room to dedicate to this chore seems a overkill, and do not own any consoles.

Thanks op and sin94.

havent tried Amazon prime but rest all seem to work (hulu, comedy central, nbc, ESPN.com, Netflix)Logan71 said:   This is one of the supposed 'options' that a lot of Googling came up with, when I was trying to find a way to stream Amazon Prime Instant Video to a TV in another room.

Has anyone had any success with that?

I have a Blu-ray player that supports DLNA and Netflix, but sadly isn't Amazon compatible. My TV isnt new enough to be a 'SmartTV' and dragging any of our multiple computers into the living room to dedicate to this chore seems a overkill, and do not own any consoles.

this company is a scam they delete your license cancel your software and make you pay over and over till u stop paying. dont fall for all the trolls here. scam stay away.

Thanks op, hope it works, special thanks to jimates

Looks like we have been busted.

Dear PlayOn Customer,

Your PlayOn license was acquired as part of a recent promotion to Wii U customers. That offer was limited to one license per household and to Wii U customers only. It appears as though your license was one of multiple licenses acquired by the same person, or that you did not acquire the license through a Wii U. If we are wrong about this please submit a support ticket through PlayOn Settings to let us know and avoid license deactivation.

We would like to offer you an exclusive opportunity to buy PlayOn for only $29.99 for a lifetime license. This is over 60% off the retail price. If you'd like to take advantage of this offer simply click on the button below and enter your redemption code on the landing page. This offer is available once per redemption code.

I got the same email, having free youtube and hulu on my TV was great while it lasted.

isaacoply said:   I got the same email, having free youtube and hulu on my TV was great while it lasted.

try plex its free

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.