• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ok this might not be the best deal for everyone, but may be good for someone.

Consumer cellular, here's the deal.

Iphone 3gs referb: $175

service: $20 for 350 min
message and data: $5 for 500 messages 50mb

Now before everyone will say VM is so much better, consumer cellular uses ATT network which may be better then VM for some.

This is a very low budget way to get an iphone and service.

link to site

Member Summary

iphone 3GS (94.19kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Plan pretty good for some folks. Hope they allow "Bring your own device"

8GB iPhone 3GSes are $150 @ GameStop. This would be a better deal if it was the 16GB version. I wouldn't worry about warranty so much:
These have already been through the 'infant mortality' phase, so the most common cause of failure (broken screen from dropping) ain't gonna be covered either place.

50 mb on an iphone is really not very much.I really do not see the typical iphone owner as someone who mostly uses the phone for voice calls and texts.
Most iphone owners I know expect to do use data apps. I would think most people would be better off to spend a bit more and get more data
or spend $30 for the 100 minute plan on T-Mobile with 5 gigs of data, now with 3g in most places

JonnyRock said:   50 mb on an iphone is really not very much.I really do not see the typical iphone owner as someone who mostly uses the phone for voice calls and texts.
Most iphone owners I know expect to do use data apps. I would think most people would be better off to spend a bit more and get more data
or spend $30 for the 100 minute plan on T-Mobile with 5 gigs of data, now with 3g in most places

You don't spend time around old people much.

My dad insisted on a 64 GB iPhone 4S, because it was the "best". I sighed, and ordered it for him.

He has five apps. One is a flashlight app. He uses email for about the 15 minutes while waiting for dinner to arrive. He Shazams maybe 2-3 songs in a month.

He won't give me his iTunes password. He gives up installing apps each time because he can't remember his password. He writes it down, then forgets where. Then he forgets to try apps, gets frustrated, and goes back to reading an email.

He has yet to sync his songs from iTunes to his iPhone. 85% of his iPhone has never, ever been used.

Consumer Cellular's 50 MB will do just fine for their target audience.

P.S. My father is the second most technically inclined person in my entire family. He was the first in town (20 years ago) to have a digital inventory of thousands of parts for his shop. He uses his MacBook Pro daily, and filled a 250 GB hard drive. He just doesn't need iPhone, and doesn't care about iOS's apps that don't/won't change his life.

JonnyRock said:   50 mb on an iphone is really not very much.I really do not see the typical iphone owner as someone who mostly uses the phone for voice calls and texts.

does the iphone 3GS work with T'Mobile???

If its unlocked it will work on T Mobile

i would prefer $50 unlimited plan T-Mobile plan. get the recharge from eBay for $35

sleepygaint said:   i would prefer $50 unlimited plan T-Mobile plan. get the recharge from eBay for $35first google answer eBay REFILL FRAUD!! so give us details and seller!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014