• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco online will offer the Blendtec Total Blender with FourSide and WildSide jars for $369.99 with free shipping.

linky

Member Summary

BlendTec Total Blender
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Saw this in store (in CA) with just the single Wildside container for $299.

websquirrel (Jan. 08, 2013 @ 10:13a) |

Was it in a Southern Cal. Costco? Which one?

sweetmommy (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 12:23a) |

craigtpt (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 5:59a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That must be some blender for $400

robertw477 said:   That must be some blender for $400
This combo is known as the "Total Blender Classic Combo" elsewhere. Compare with other 13A / 1500+ watt blenders that carry 7 year warranties to have a sense of the deal. Grinding beans into flour is no big deal for this unit.

Most people do not require both jars however. You can get the version with just the fourside jar at BB&B. $320 pre-tax using one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons. These units are like older Kitchenaid mixers with Hobart motors. Sans abuse, you'll pass it down to your kids.

robertw477 said:   That must be some blender for $400

It is. iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3

We replaced our five year old KitchenAid blender with the Blendtec from Costco a few weeks ago when they had the same sale. Honestly, you can't even compare the two. The KitchenAid was usually just used to make smoothies, but they never came out like a smoothie you get from a smoothie shop, there were usually chunks left, just didn't work that great. The Blendtec makes a perfect smoothie every time (I later found out that Starbucks uses Blendtec blenders in their stores to make all the blended drinks), and we've used it for more things already, too. Makes great squash soup, grinds coffee beans and nuts, homemade baby food... it's a true kitchen tool. Expensive, yes, but if it lasts 10-15 years, I'd rather pay more up front and have a quality item that works right in that time.

Yeah its pretty good. We paid 400-450 5 years ago for one of these at Costco.. Best Blender of all time.. Just has a really good motor and high torque.

FLGator said:   robertw477 said:   That must be some blender for $400

It is. iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3
You mean it's overpriced and battery life ain't so good?

I bought one of these when the Blentec was selling refurbished models for $250. It's a nice blender, but I never would have paid full price.

perpetualapprentice said:   robertw477 said:   That must be some blender for $400
This combo is known as the "Total Blender Classic Combo" elsewhere. Compare with other 13A / 1500+ watt blenders that carry 7 year warranties to have a sense of the deal. Grinding beans into flour is no big deal for this unit.

Most people do not require both jars however. You can get the version with just the fourside jar at BB&B. $320 pre-tax using one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons. These units are like older Kitchenaid mixers with Hobart motors. Sans abuse, you'll pass it down to your kids.

Thank you for the insight. The creator of Blendtec was on one of those "How I became a millionaire" shows the other night. Very interesting and inspirational. I'd buy stock in this company if I could; this blender brand being used in Starbucks, Planet Smoothie, and dozens of other restaurants/shops.

About how many 16oz servings of smoothies can be made in the FourSide jar though? Trying to determine if just the FourSide is adequate, or if a large family would use the WildSide container more often (ruling out BB&B). The description doesn't do a very good job detailing capacity of either.

TheGMan said:   perpetualapprentice said:   robertw477 said:   That must be some blender for $400

Thank you for the insight. The creator of Blendtec was on one of those "How I became a millionaire" shows the other night. Very interesting and inspirational. I'd buy stock in this company if I could; this blender brand being used in Starbucks, Planet Smoothie, and dozens of other restaurants/shops.

About how many 16oz servings of smoothies can be made in the FourSide jar though? Trying to determine if just the FourSide is adequate, or if a large family would use the WildSide container more often (ruling out BB&B). The description doesn't do a very good job detailing capacity of either.

Fourside holds 64 oz and wildside holds 90 oz

You'll use it from birth until death.

I think i paid $369 for my first car.

They have a lot of videos in the "Will it Blend?" series. But I can say it will not blend a spoon-
Made the mistake of having used a spoon to rearrange contents, and forgot it was in there later. Facepalm realization after pulsing it a few times and wondering why it was making such a racket.
Chewed up the blades but good, though it did equivalent damage to the spoon..
Works well for everything else though, and mine has an interesting lifetime counter that keeps track of how many times it's been run, maybe for warranty tracking or something.

Blendtec was not even check rated in Consumer Reports! Vitamix was the highest rated but at a price of $450. What was check rated was the Ninja Master Prep at $60 list but Sam's has them for $44. I bought a Vitamix several years ago and it worked fine but no better than a $30 Oster other than crushing ice. When the Vitamix blade broke after the warrantee expired a new one cost more than $100. I sold the Vitamix on eBay and never looked back. I bought a $30 Oster and I met my needs just fine. However several months ago I bought a Ninja from Sam's Club and it is a great unit. Crushes ice, makes bread dough, smoothes are a great! So if you want to spend ~$400 buck for a blender have at it. But for my money the Ninja is a smart buy!

" bought a Vitamix several years ago and it worked fine but no better than a $30 Oster other than crushing ice. "

I find that HARD TO BELIEVE. I use my parents Vitamix everytime I visit and I love the store quality smoothies - you put it any fruit and ice and you get back a product without any lumps. Even blackberry seeds disappear. That's something 30 buck blenders don't do.

My parents recently used the 7 year warrenty due to chipped blades - they grinded beans or something and a rock must have been it there. They sent in the blender and jar - postage prepaid by Vitamix- and got back another one that looks brand new in less than a month. Truely unbeatable. BTW, I think the Vit sells for 389 all the time at Costco.

for that price i can go through 10 oster in my lifetime, probably not even 5 actually. sounds like a real champ product but unless i am a trust fund baby i dont think i'll ever go for it. i'll take my occasional smoothie from the overpriced starbux and jamba juice if i ever want one.

SteelRing said:   for that price i can go through 10 oster in my lifetime, probably not even 5 actually. sounds like a real champ product but unless i am a trust fund baby i dont think i'll ever go for it. i'll take my occasional smoothie from the overpriced starbux and jamba juice if i ever want one.

You don't have to be a trust fund baby, you just have work a decent job. If someone wants a blender and will think long term, this blender with it's warranty is a better buy then 10 osters

advocatus said:   SteelRing said:   for that price i can go through 10 oster in my lifetime, probably not even 5 actually. sounds like a real champ product but unless i am a trust fund baby i dont think i'll ever go for it. i'll take my occasional smoothie from the overpriced starbux and jamba juice if i ever want one.

You don't have to be a trust fund baby, you just have work a decent job. If someone wants a blender and will think long term, this blender with it's warranty is a better buy then 10 osters

No different than some people choosing to buy Lexus, Porsche, BMW & MB while others drive Toyota and Honda. It's a choice whether you want something that does the basic job without too much frills or you want luxury, which will always cost more.

mmyk72 said:   advocatus said:   SteelRing said:   for that price i can go through 10 oster in my lifetime, probably not even 5 actually. sounds like a real champ product but unless i am a trust fund baby i dont think i'll ever go for it. i'll take my occasional smoothie from the overpriced starbux and jamba juice if i ever want one.

No different than some people choosing to buy Lexus, Porsche, BMW & MB while others drive Toyota and Honda. It's a choice whether you want something that does the basic job without too much frills or you want luxury, which will always cost more.

i have a very decent job, much more decent than the average joe, in fact if not for FW I'd be a millionaire by now .... my wife is a professional chef, and she worked them blenders real hard i can tell you that, even she balked at the price and would certainly never get one in her commercial kitchen. this is certainly one tool whose cost she can do without. not trying to knock off the deal, i'm sure it's decent for how much it's been going for, but then again I'm also not the kind that would go for a Tag Heuer watch either. Quality or not, i am just the kind who cannot stomach the fact their profit margin (compared to the cost of the component) is in the 90%+ range.... sickening.

I know professional chefs and they use Vitamix more than any other brand. See them on Food Network all the time.

Toddler said:   I know professional chefs and they use Vitamix more than any other brand. See them on Food Network all the time.
And you see BlendTec machines in almost every high volume coffee/smoothie shop in the US, so there's that.

They are both fine blenders that are really equal in quality. I bought a BlendTec for the simple reason that it fit underneath our counter tops (under the cabinets).

It's amazing and a VitaMix would be equally so (if not more basic). I'd actually prefer the physical manual controls of the VitaMix, but the buttons on the BlentTec are fine.

coolbreeze said:   Toddler said:   I know professional chefs and they use Vitamix more than any other brand. See them on Food Network all the time.
And you see BlendTec machines in almost every high volume coffee/smoothie shop in the US, so there's that.

They are both fine blenders that are really equal in quality. I bought a BlendTec for the simple reason that it fit underneath our counter tops (under the cabinets).

It's amazing and a VitaMix would be equally so (if not more basic). I'd actually prefer the physical manual controls of the VitaMix, but the buttons on the BlentTec are fine.

Actually, Starbucks has switched to Vitamix: http://blog.basequipment.com/2012/07/16/what-kind-of-blender-doe...

I love the manual dial on my Vitamix. Both are good machines, I've owned both, but Vitamix won me over.

did anyone experience problem with blendtec jar and the controls? how was blentec customer experience?

Saw this in store (in CA) with just the single Wildside container for $299.

websquirrel said:   Saw this in store (in CA) with just the single Wildside container for $299.
Was it in a Southern Cal. Costco? Which one?

FLGator said:   Costco online will offer the Blendtec Total Blender with FourSide and WildSide jars for $369.99 with free shipping.

linky

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014