Turbotax discount for Vanguard users

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's hard to think about taxes before Christmas, but registered users at vanguard.com can receive discounts on TurboTax, up to $20, both online and desktop versions. linky

Member Summary

TurboTax (47.41kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I like Vanguard a lot, but it's cheaper on Amazon.

Its free for Flagship Services and Asset Management Services clients. They will receive complimentary access to the Federal: Basic, Federal: Deluxe, and State: Basic products.

ellory said:   Its free for Flagship Services and Asset Management Services clients. They will receive complimentary access to the Federal: Basic, Federal: Deluxe, and State: Basic products.

I can't find their definition of "flag", anyone happen to know?

tougher said:   ellory said:   Its free for Flagship Services and Asset Management Services clients. They will receive complimentary access to the Federal: Basic, Federal: Deluxe, and State: Basic products.

I can't find their definition of "flag", anyone happen to know?

"Flagship" is investments over $1M in value.
"Voyager" is investments of $500K - $1M.

Woot, glad I just topped the $1M mark in Vanguard investments--free tax software! Ka-ching!

Vanguard, the best broker, allows householding. My two adult children, living in a different state, have their own modest, confidential Vanguard accounts but can household with me. Thus, they get all of the Flagship benefits which include free TurboTax and 25 free trades per year (stocks, options, market or limit orders).

Can the $20 discount be applied to state filing? I need Free Fed + state($28).

If you or a linked family member are a Flagship client, Federal deluxe TurboTax is free and includes one state. In general, this level of the service will accommodate a fairly complex return (AMT, foreign tax credit, etc.).

What's the cost to upgrade from Deluxe to Home & Business?

daftzim said:   Vanguard, the best broker, allows householding. My two adult children, living in a different state, have their own modest, confidential Vanguard accounts but can household with me. Thus, they get all of the Flagship benefits which include free TurboTax and 25 free trades per year (stocks, options, market or limit orders).

Dad? Can you add me to your account too?

Cool, thanks for the reminder. Been using TT Premier online thru Vanguard for years now. Premier is showing as $49.99 for me (reg. 74.99)... I guess that is the correct discount?

be alert to the fact that Vanguard raises the price as you get closer to the april 15th deadline. You don't 'have' to pay until you file or you want to print, but if you wait too long the price goes up. My suggestion is to pay now. Then e-file when you are done. If you wait to pay, the price does go up.

Does Vanguard online TurboTax allow you to do the following:

Print out all Federal/State return forms, since the State e-file is not free?
Make copies of the return to play with it, e.g. for next year's tax planning?

sringerirrific said:   be alert to the fact that Vanguard raises the price as you get closer to the april 15th deadline. You don't 'have' to pay until you file or you want to print, but if you wait too long the price goes up. My suggestion is to pay now. Then e-file when you are done. If you wait to pay, the price does go up.

I can't address the state issue as I voted with my feet many years ago and live in a no income tax state. Regarding federal, you can save the completed or partially completed return as a PDF and print as many copies as you want. A word of caution--also save the return as a .tax or .2012tax file. After a year, TurboTax wipes the files. Thus, if you need to redo and file an amended return after 2+ years, TurboTax will provide the software for free, but you will be required to recreate the data set. I had to do this a few years ago and it was tedious. Had I saved a .tax file, it would have been easy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014