Panasonic (TC-P50U50) 50" Plasma 600Hz 1080 HDTV @ Best Buy - $599.99
was $799.99
Free Shipping!

• 50" Plasma 1080 HDTV (1920 x 1080)
  • 600Hz Refresh Rate
  • 2 HDMI Ports
  • USB
  • 1 Year Warranty

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic (TC-P50U50) 50" Plasma 600Hz 1080 HDTV
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I own this TV and love it. Excellent picture quality, excellent price. My only complaint is that the screen is fairly reflective, and not as bright as an LED/LCD screen so it looks best in a dark environment.

* comment deleted *

* comment deleted *

This model doesn't have 3D.

MeistroJeffro said:   Does anyone know where to buy cheap 3D glasses for this TV? My Playstation TV 3D glasses won't work with it

For the record, the U50 is NOT a 3d tv.

Handy Dandy Version Comparison Chart
http://lcdtvbrandtalk.com/panasonic-viera-plasma-hdtv-comparison...

Edit: Ack! Monty beat me to it!

*puts on the dunce cap* I thought this was the TC-P50UT50

I have this TV too - love it

I just picked this TV up, can't go wrong for the price. Sam's Club has the same TV for $549.77 Panasonic but its out of Stock. However, best buy matched their price.

sqnwk said:   I just picked this TV up, can't go wrong for the price. Sam's Club has the same TV for $549.77 Panasonic but its out of Stock. However, best buy matched their price.

You got exceptionally lucky then. Grats!
(Sams/Cosco stock the U54, not the U50. While they are basically the same, the model number is changed just so they can't be pricematched against.)

Just picked up my Panasonic TC-P50U50 from Best Buy this evening after doing much research. If you are looking for a great deal on a large basic HDTV (not a "Smart TV" - meaning it has no 3D, no Wi-Fi, no extra frills), this is highly recommended! For best picture quality, I followed calibration/settings advice from online sources (cnet, etc.); this makes the picture really great! (Also helped that I selected the 1080 button on the DirecTV receiver). It's hooked up to the DirecTV receiver via HDMI, and to an older Surround Sound/DVD unit via RCA cables. Thanks for some Cash Back, FatWallet!

Picked one up last month at Amazon for $549. 2 shipments later, 1 by motor freightt and 1 by UPS, 2 shattered screens !
Grrrrr, still waiting on the 3rd...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014