• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$15 off $100 Mastercard Gift Card at safeway / Von's / Dominick

If you have a safeway you may want to try there too

Vons offer just for u coupon $15 off $100 for any combination of Mastercard Gift Card.

Go to just for u -> coupon center -> special offer

There is a 5.95 Activation fee on a $100 GC

Unfortunately, it is limited to one.

thanks warutkhe op

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, they pulled the offer. If you haven't already loaded it to your card, you are out of luck.....

tanguy6969 (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 3:00p) |

I loaded this on my card when it was first posted.

I went yesterday and purchased a $200 variable card (happened to have ... (more)

propcgamer (Jan. 02, 2013 @ 8:47p) |

$15 OFF $100

Visa Gift Cards

Buy 2 $50 Visa Gift Cards, save $15 instantly.*

Offer Type: One-time

Expires 4/2/2013

Added ... (more)

DaysFan (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 12:53p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?

froberts2 said:   Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?

That depends on the store.

Butcherboy said:   $15 off $100 Mastercard Gift Card at Vons

Vons offer just for u coupon $15 off $100 for any combination of Mastercard Gift Card.

Unfortunately, it is limited to 1.

thanks warutkhe op

So at safeway it is a safeway gift card fo4 $85.00?

yesidonoitall said:   Butcherboy said:   $15 off $100 Mastercard Gift Card at Vons

Unfortunately, it is limited to 1.

thanks warutkhe op

No, it is a MasterCard gift card that you are purchasing whether you buy it at Von's or safeway.

So at safeway it is a safeway gift card fo4 $85.00?

Would be nice to put the $6 activation fee in the thread title.

BuzzardGas said:   Would be nice to put the $6 activation fee in the thread title.

Fixed title

froberts2 said:   Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?
I bought several times using credit cards without any issue. These're gift cards.

So the net gain with the $5.95 activ fee
is
$9.05
Still a good rate of return not attainable elsewhere.

Butcherboy said:   $15 off $100 Mastercard Gift Card at Vons

Unfortunately, it is limited to one.

thanks warutkhe op

RE:

Once there, how is it found.
And is the $15 off only if you preload the offer on your safeway card first?

haoniukun said:   froberts2 said:   Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?
I bought several times using credit cards without any issue. These're gift cards.

The offer condition say 1 per household. Do you mean that you were able to purchase multiple GCs with 15 USD off? Did you use same safeway card?

PhinTron said:   haoniukun said:   froberts2 said:   Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?

The offer condition say 1 per household. Do you mean that you were able to purchase multiple GCs with 15 USD off? Did you use same safeway card?

safeway or Vons will sell you all the cards you want....
The limit is on the $15 back

When I went to my special offers I see this deal was already loaded onto my card. Usually I have to click on the deal to load it to my card. I have another offer for $5 a $50 purchase. I wonder if I bought a $100 MasterCard gift card if both offers would kick in or would I just get the $15 off for buying a MasterCard deal? Thanks for the HU, OP. This will be an easy $9 MM.

By the way, if you want to get extra value out of your MM and you have a Hometown Buffet near you (or another buffet in the Buffet, Inc. chain, namely Ryan's, Old Country Buffet, Fire Mountain, Country Buffet, or Granny's Buffet) they are having a Christmas promo that you can buy a $25 gift card and get a coupon (actually a card) for a free adult buffet in the month of January 2013. I have bought $225 of Hometown Buffet gift cards so far using the Master Card gift cards I got off the Staples deal and have accumulated 9 free meals so far, so looks like my family will be eating out for free twice in January.

PhinTron said:   haoniukun said:   froberts2 said:   Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?

Sometimes when they have these limit one offers at safeway it means that you can buy as many as you want in one transaction (limit one means limit one transaction). But can someone confirm it works if you buy more than one in the same transaction?

My local Vcos store allows me to charge gift cards with no issues.

If you're in their delivery area you could have it brought to your house. First delivery is free with promo code "EASY7"

MrVietnam said:   When I went to my special offers I see this deal was already loaded onto my card. Usually I have to click on the deal to load it to my card. I have another offer for $5 a $50 purchase. I wonder if I bought a $100 MasterCard gift card if both offers would kick in or would I just get the $15 off for buying a MasterCard deal? Thanks for the HU, OP. This will be an easy $9 MM.

By the way, if you want to get extra value out of your MM and you have a Hometown Buffet near you (or another buffet in the Buffet, Inc. chain, namely Ryan's, Old Country Buffet, Fire Mountain, Country Buffet, or Granny's Buffet) they are having a Christmas promo that you can buy a $25 gift card and get a coupon (actually a card) for a free adult buffet in the month of January 2013. I have bought $225 of Hometown Buffet gift cards so far using the Master Card gift cards I got off the Staples deal and have accumulated 9 free meals so far, so looks like my family will be eating out for free twice in January.

Yes, I also bought many of the free meal with gift card offer at Hometown.
Also
Sellers on eBay have the BOGO for HTB and their counterparts.
4 lunch and 4 dinner bogo's when you buy a drink
the offer is about $10
Search eBay for Hometown Buffet

The bogos are for Mon to Thurs but my local HTB takes them any day and even the expired ones...

I see no gift card offer at safeway.com
just4u

The just4u site is screwey.
2 weeks in a row not I added the Friday deals for the weekend, it was on my shopping list and the register did not know of it.
The cashier "this time" adjusted the price for the Pepsi cube to $5 rather than sending me to the idiotic customer service counter.....

MrVietnam said:   froberts2 said:   Got it on my safeway Just-for-U too. Can these be bought with a credit card, or are they cash only?

My local Vcos store allows me to charge gift cards with no issues.

I have never bought "GIFT CARD" with a cash only requirement.

there is also a $5 off $20 right now. If you combine these and get your significant others to help you could achieve 34% off. Plus buying with a citi preferred thank you should net 5% for 39% off everything they carry? I think?

Where can I find the $5 off $20? Also, please elaborate on how one can get 34% off. Thanks.

foglem said:   there is also a $5 off $20 right now. If you combine these and get your significant others to help you could achieve 34% off. Plus buying with a citi preferred thank you should net 5% for 39% off everything they carry? I think?

I got the offer on my Dominick's card. Thanks OP!

Chris.

Got mine from safeway. It's located under the "Special Offers" category in the Just4U coupon section

yesidonoitall said:   
I have never bought "GIFT CARD" with a cash only requirement.

I hadn't either until I tried for the AMEX-linked promotion at McDonald's. - E

Thanks OP - Green for you!

Dano

Just picked up a $100 one. Total out the door was $90.95 after discount + activation fee. No problems paying with a credit card, and no problems using it 30 seconds later to pay for the rest of my shopping - all at a self checkout.

I did have a $4 off $40 coupon on my card as well, and this did NOT apply.

the $4 off $40 should apply later when purchasing using the $100 giftcard... on $40 that would Net 10% more off

In for one! Thanks

Has anyone tried to buy 2 or more $100 MasterCards in the SAME transaction and if so, did you get the $15 discount for each MasterCard? Has anyone tried buying $200 using the variable amount card (activation fee $6.95) and received 2 discounts? I know sometimes for food products when they say limit one you have been able to get the same discount when buying more than one but all in the same transaction.

too far away, no safeway in the area. Great deal though.

tajar96 said:   too far away, no safeway in the area. Great deal though.

Doesn't have to be a safeway per se. It just has to be one of the safeway family stores such as Vons or several others.

MrVietnam said:   Has anyone tried to buy 2 or more $100 MasterCards in the SAME transaction and if so, did you get the $15 discount for each MasterCard? Has anyone tried buying $200 using the variable amount card (activation fee $6.95) and received 2 discounts? I know sometimes for food products when they say limit one you have been able to get the same discount when buying more than one but all in the same transaction.

You can try it and advise....

yesidonoitall said:   MrVietnam said:   Has anyone tried to buy 2 or more $100 MasterCards in the SAME transaction and if so, did you get the $15 discount for each MasterCard? Has anyone tried buying $200 using the variable amount card (activation fee $6.95) and received 2 discounts? I know sometimes for food products when they say limit one you have been able to get the same discount when buying more than one but all in the same transaction.

I will go to Vons in a few minutes and "take one for the team" and buy a $200 variable amount card and see what kind of discount it gives me. Worse case scenario I will get $1 less than the rest of you as the activation fee on variable cards is $6.95.. I will report on the results when I get back home.

Which one do you guys think has the greatest likelihood of working: buying 2 $100 gift cards in the same transaction or buying 1 $200 variable amount gift card? If I get 2 $100 gift cards I would only make $3,10 off this deal if only $15 should come off though.

This is how the offer reads:

MasterCard Gift Cards , Save $15 when you purhcase $100 or more in MasterCard Gift Cards in any combination*

MrVietnam said:   yesidonoitall said:   MrVietnam said:   Has anyone tried to buy 2 or more $100 MasterCards in the SAME transaction and if so, did you get the $15 discount for each MasterCard? Has anyone tried buying $200 using the variable amount card (activation fee $6.95) and received 2 discounts? I know sometimes for food products when they say limit one you have been able to get the same discount when buying more than one but all in the same transaction.

I will go to Vons in a few minutes and "take one for the team" and buy a $200 variable amount card and see what kind of discount it gives me. Worse case scenario I will get $1 less than the rest of you as the activation fee on variable cards is $6.95.. I will report on the results when I get back home.

Which one do you guys think has the greatest likelihood of working: buying 2 $100 gift cards in the same transaction or buying 1 $200 variable amount gift card? If I get 2 $100 gift cards I would only make $3,10 off this deal if only $15 should come off though.

MasterCard Gift Cards , Save $15 when you purhcase $100 or more in MasterCard Gift Cards in any combination*

This is how my coupons went. I had the $15 off $100, and a $3 off $30 on my card.
I bought the $100 master card + 1 box of $2.69 cereal.
The register took $15 off and $2.69 off.

So with the $off$$, you would need to buy something other than gift cards. I'm doing the same thing with iTunes GC the similar way, except maxing off the $3 value instead of finding something under $3. Hope this helps

MrVietnam said:   yesidonoitall said:   MrVietnam said:   Has anyone tried to buy 2 or more $100 MasterCards in the SAME transaction and if so, did you get the $15 discount for each MasterCard? Has anyone tried buying $200 using the variable amount card (activation fee $6.95) and received 2 discounts? I know sometimes for food products when they say limit one you have been able to get the same discount when buying more than one but all in the same transaction.

MasterCard Gift Cards , Save $15 when you purchase $100 or more in MasterCard Gift Cards in any combination*

SCORE!!!!!! I bought 2 $100 fixed amount MasterCard gift cards and I got $30 off, so that means I made $18.10 off the deal in cash!

My hunch was right. Usually when they say limit one what they really mean is limit one transaction. I bet you could buy more than two of the $100 ones and get $15 off each as long as it was all in the same transaction.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

EDIT: Strange. I did the deal a half-hour ago but when I go to my Vons Just4U online account I see it still lists the coupon. I wonder if I could do it again anf get the coupon discount since the coipon is still listed? I won't chance it.

Will this work if I pay with a safeway gift card?

does it spit out a coupon for future use or will the total reflect the $15 off immediately?

i bought 1 $200 mastercard got $30 off. total $175.95 . made $24.01

Skipping 18 Messages...
$15 OFF $100

Visa Gift Cards

Buy 2 $50 Visa Gift Cards, save $15 instantly.*

Offer Type: One-time

Expires 4/2/2013

Added

Offer Details: While supplies last. Purchase must be made in one transaction. Limit one coupon per household. Gift cards are subject to their own applicable terms and conditions and fees (if applicable). All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The Visa Gift Card is issued by MetaBank (tm) pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc. MetaBank member FDIC Expires 04/02/2013.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014