• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LG 60" Plasma 600Hz 1080p HDTV (60PA5500) @ Sears.com - $799.99

For Sears Shop Your Way Owner, addtional $40 off $200 (choose redeem Shop Your Way points before submitting order)
+ 100,000 Shop Your Way Bonus Points (worth $100 at Sears)
+ 10% Cash Back from ShopDiscover
+ 5% Cash Back from Discover Card for online shopping(within $1500 cap in Q4 2012)

Final cost: $759.99 + Tax - $100 Sears Rewards - $75.99 ShopDiscover - $38 Discover Q4 Cash Back = $546 + Tax (or $584 if you already exceed the $1500 cap of Discover 5% Cash Back)

Buy Online, Free Pick Up in Store or Free Shipping to Home

60" 1080p Plasma HDTV (1920 x 1080)
600Hz Refresh Rate
TruSlim Frame
Smart Energy Saving
Picture Wizard II
Intelligent Sensor
24p Real Cinema
3 HDMI Ports + USB +
USB
1 Year Warranty(Parts & Labor) + 2 Year Panel Warranty

Good Rating on HHgregg

Update:
Worst Case - no $40 SYWR off and no 5% discover Cash Back, just join Shop Your Way Rewards:
$799.99 + tax - 10% ShopDiscover - $100 Sears Rewards = $619.99 + tax

Best Case
($799.99 - $40 SYWR off) + tax - 10% ShopDiscover - 5% Discover Cash Back - $100 Sears Rewards = $546 + Tax

Either way is the best price comparing to other merchants.

Sears
See Sears coupons that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

100,000 Sears Rewards Points (41.44kB)
Thanks atiger
Disclaimer

LG 60PA550T (62.60kB)
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

when can you be sure you're getting the 100k bonus. I don't see anything at checkout etc...

atiger said:   

Update:
Worst Case - no $40 SYWR off and no 5% discover Cash Back, just join Shop Your Way Rewards:
$799.99 + tax - 10% ShopDiscover - $100 Sears Rewards = $619.99 + tax



Interesting "worst case" since you're assuming everyone has a Discover card.



While this is a decent deal on a 60'', the 50'' deal might be better "bang for your buck" given it works out to $350'ish...using the "best case scenario":


http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1246246/

Good deal for those willing to jump through the hoops, have a Discover card and shop at Sears enough. $799 is the everyday price at several places, which is a good deal on a 60" low-end plasma.



ash =o)

Thanks OP. I cancelled my order at BestBuy and ordered this one instead.
Model #'s are slightly different.
Sears = 60PA5500
BestBuy = 60PA6500
On LG's site I saw no noticeable difference in specs.

schloop said:   Thanks OP. I cancelled my order at BestBuy and ordered this one instead.
Model #'s are slightly different.
Sears = 60PA5500
BestBuy = 60PA6500
On LG's site I saw no noticeable difference in specs.


You are correct. No major difference between 60PA5500 and 60PA6500. Here is what I found on hhgregg Q&A:

"The LG 60PA6500 does not have a side AV In input, just one in the back, whereas the 60PA5500 has one on the side and one on the back. The 60PA6500 has two rear component video in inputs on the back, versus the single rear component video in on the 60PA5500. The 60PA5500 also includes a universal remote, unlike the standard remote for the 60PA6500. Other than those minor differences, they are the same."

Several days later I've got my new Discover card, and tonight just bought this tv.

Thanks OP!

Is the SYWR $100 bonus still on ?
I only see 8000 points mentioned at the cart.

k2222 said:   Is the SYWR $100 bonus still on ?
I only see 8000 points mentioned at the cart.


I did this and while it only shows you the lower amount at checkout, it does indeed credit you the full amount after the sale. I believe it credited it right away, just log into your SYWR account and click on detailed history. At worst case, if this doesn't show up for whatever reason, just call the 800 number from SYWR and they can credit you it over the phone. I had an issue before for something else, and they credited it no questions asked right over the phone. No worries, you are good to go for the 100K.

zfunk said:   k2222 said:   Is the SYWR $100 bonus still on ?
I only see 8000 points mentioned at the cart.


I did this and while it only shows you the lower amount at checkout, it does indeed credit you the full amount after the sale. I believe it credited it right away, just log into your SYWR account and click on detailed history. At worst case, if this doesn't show up for whatever reason, just call the 800 number from SYWR and they can credit you it over the phone. I had an issue before for something else, and they credited it no questions asked right over the phone. No worries, you are good to go for the 100K.


I see there is a 50K points for next order of $400+ in SYWR account. I clicked use my SYWR but it didn't apply to the order.
Any ideal why or how ?

Also, will I loose the 10% Discover Cash Back if the order is pick-up in-store ?

Thanks.

k2222 said:   
I see there is a 50K points for next order of $400+ in SYWR account. I clicked use my SYWR but it didn't apply to the order.
Any ideal why or how ?

Also, will I loose the 10% Discover Cash Back if the order is pick-up in-store ?

Thanks.


If you received the 50K bonus points for $400+ order in your SYWR account before Christmas, these points expired on 12/25. You can also call SYWR to adjust your order if the points has not expired.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014