• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Diablo III ,Diablo III for PCthis goes up and down in price but this is the lowest I've seen it $29.99 @ amazn with Free Ship

deal appears dead but the price goes up and down so keeps looking ...also someone posted that Best by has it for the same price

Member Summary

Diablo III: Standard Edition
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Amazon direct is out of stock. Price is higher from 3rd party sellers.

don't waste your money, bad game

I see it in stock and sold from Amazon with 2.2/5 stars. Not so promising. I got lucky and got the game for $10 but still have to setup my new computer to play it. From the reviews I'm thinking $10 might be all it's worth if that.

Most of the negative reviews revolve around the initial launch of the game. Remember this was THE fastest selling game of all time. It stressed the servers and it caused people not to be able to log on INITIALLY. Many including myself whined like 5 year olds and wrote as many bad reviews as we could. The Amazon overall rating is the result.

The other negative reviews deal with having to log online to play. Personally, I think this is a great idea. Having played the series for over a decade, there was nothing worse than hacked versions of the game ruining it for all the legit players. The ones complaining are upset they can no longer play the game for free......go figures.

LASTLY, people are upset there is a Real Money auction house. This baffles me completely. Where as previous installments relied upon you spamming chat rooms to sell items, there is now a dedicated auction house. Personally, I have made a few hundreds dollars PROFIT on this game. Why would people complain about being able to sell essentially worthless game items for cash?

Is the game all I'd imagine it would be? FAR from it.....but Diablo 2 was FAR worse when it was initially release and didn't come around until this first expansion. Diablo 3 is a fun game that will seriously drain 10s if not hundreds of hours of your time.

This genre isn't for everyone. Call of Duty bores me to death, but its immensely popular. Because its not for me does that make it a bad game? I think there are a ton of crybabies blowing what they consider deficiencies out of proportion. I love that you have to actually PAY to play the game. I like that it stops hacking and duping (for the most part). I like that you can sell video game items for actual cash.

After literally hundreds of hours......I'd definitely recommend buying it.

personally i would never ever pay real money to play a computer game beyond the purchase of the game itself. I stopped warcraft when they went that route.I remember a Korean dude who killed his roommate because he sold his special attribute weapon without asking him , crazy stuff that.....

Cluster said:   personally i would never ever pay real money to play a computer game beyond the purchase of the game itself. I stopped warcraft when they went that route.I remember a Korean dude who killed his roommate because he sold his special attribute weapon without asking him , crazy stuff that.....

Couldn't agree more. Diablo 3 is free to play after initial purchase. I boycotted WOW for same reason.

Descent101 said:   From the reviews I'm thinking $10 might be all it's worth if that.

I'm pretty upset that I missed the Microsoft store sale that night (nor could I find it for $10 at Toys R Us either). TigerDirect had it at one point for $22 (missed that as well). I'm still playing through Diablo 2 (yep...) so I'm in no rush.

opathal said:   
LASTLY, people are upset there is a Real Money auction house.

I only started playing Diablo 1 and 2 recently (haven't beat 2 yet) and I read a lot of bad things about Diablo 3, yet I watched gameplay videos and it looks good to me... I know Blizzard added some update at one point to make it harder to get something (gold or exp, not sure which) and I think that bothered a lot of people (it's just a game, though, right?). The one thing that you left out about the auction house is that it was really buggy at one point --- here's a headline: Gamer Loses $186 To Diablo 3's RMAH, Requests FBI Assistance

Look it up. I'm sure it's been fixed by now... but I do agree that there's no reason to complain about the official auction house when there were (and still are) UNOFFICIAL (think: sketchy) sites that sell virtual items and currency in Diablo 2. The people who are mad are the people who probably ran those sketchy sites and relentlessly spam the chatroom + in-game chat advertising them!

BigBadBrad said:   don't waste your money, bad game
not really ....D3 did kinda drop the ball and I was disappointed with it initially and quit playing after a month or so and beating inferno but after the latest patch I came back at the urging of a friend and must admit I like some of the new things, the addition of an uber lvl is fun and hopefully they roll out pvp before I get bored with it again

No PVP = Game over.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014