• 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
The Home Depot cans with CREE LED's are Ecosmart. They are awesome and I have 11 of them in my kitchen. Work well with the dimmer too.

I just noticed these kits are $14.89 in NJ now after $10 instant rebate, I look above but did not notice anyone post.

happyboy6 said:   Costco also has BR40's when combined with a simple open trim are a cheaper solution than this retrofit. I also had to add dimmer.
These retrofits are generally more expensive than retrofitting the bulbs alone. With the simple open trim and the BR40 bulb, it fits tight and looks just as good as these overpriced retrofit kits.

These retrofit kits seems much brighter than any of the LED replacement bulbs I've bought in the past.

marklesterrabadon said:   Hey guys i am going to introduce you about a site LED Retrofit kits. Just go to led retrofit kits   and find out what am i talking about. You will see there technologically advance retrofit kits that offers great performance, long life and reduction in energy cost. Go check it out and enjoy. 
Welcome to FatWallet!

And BTW I just reported you to the mods for self promotion.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-SureSlide-600-Watt-Dimmer-White-R62-06633-1LW/100356866#.UigG6-l8Npg 

I have 25 of these LEDs and 8 of the dimmers above installed in my house. Works great.  The dimmer is smooth and allows for super low ambient light up to full bright - which is very bright.  The ones I saw at Home Depot don't look any better and have half the lumens.   These lights do not look cheap at all when they're installed

product
Disclaimer
Looks like Costco has an updated version of these at $21.99. Notable differences are: 23 watts vs 18 watts, 90 degree dispersion vs 85 degrees, and 40,000 hour life vs 35,000 hours. I picked up one to compare with the older model and the newer ones are noticeably shorter, so it may fit into shallow housings. Light output is the same at 1200 lumens. Can't tell the difference in the 5 degree difference in dispersion.

Old vs. new version
Disclaimer

Slightly different lens profile
Disclaimer

CRI differences (New on top, old on bottom)
Disclaimer
Saw these the other day at my local Costco (Mtn. View, CA) and picked up a few more since I've been happy with the older version. If you're in Northern California, it'll likely be $16.99 (due to a $5 PG&E instant rebate).

You're right, it is noticeably more shallow than the previous version. Hopefully this will fit the one can that I needed a more shallow mount. Too bad they use up more wattage, though.

The lens profile is slightly different than the earlier version, too.

[edit] I also noticed that the CRI of the new version is 91 vs the old one's 82 CRI

I purchased 40 of these for my spec house and they look and work great. I have 5 left over, unfortunately the workers lost the springs and wires. Does anyone know how I can get extra springs and wires?

just return it to costco.

..double

I like the t65 it does 3 things.

1. Electric savings are huge. Last two customers houses the savings over the life of bulb was 36,000 and 55,000 dollars. Yes i know but the first had 65 replacements and other 95. Just the more modern look sales itself.
2. You can now cover can because heat is now longer a problem. No more R-0 insulation areas all over house.
3. Stops air infiltration. These houses both had equivalent leakage to attic the size of a large Window being left open entire year 24/7

So really if you factor in the last 2 the actual savings is much more. I will look for these lites at coco and you can find LED calculators all over the web

Just picked up 4 of the Costco Luminous Retro 23W LED highhats for $13.99 each. Must have been a return. They look brand new in unopened packaging though.

MarioD said:   Just picked up 4 of the Costco Luminous Retro 23W LED highhats for $13.99 each. Must have been a return. They look brand new in unopened packaging though.
  Where, oh where, did you get this bargain?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014