• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

weider
Disclaimer
Weider® SpeedWeight™ 120 lb. Dumbbell Set LINKY

Features:
Weight Stand Included, Quickly Adjust Each Dumbbell from 15 to 60 lbs, 120 lbs. of Adjustable Weight, Cast Iron Weight Plates, Includes 2 Storage Trays and a Weight Stand

$399.99 - $100.00 = $299.99 SHIPPED @ Costco.com

Member Summary

dumbells
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems like a pretty good deal, the Speedweight 100s (15-50lbs) are $340 on Amazon. These seem to be well reviewed and can go up to 60lbs/ea, where the Selecttech 552s that go on sale every once in awhile only go up to 52.5lbs. Only partially related but my local Costco B&M has a 200lb set of Cap Barbell Dumbbells with stand for around $200 IIRC.

I tried these, I just don't like the clink sound everytime you curl them. It saves a lot of money but I find the single dumbbells are more stable and doesnt make that annoying sound.

M15x said:   I tried these, I just don't like the clink sound everytime you curl them. It saves a lot of money but I find the single dumbbells are more stable and doesnt make that annoying sound.

The main point of the selectable weight is to take up less space. What I don't like is the width; for several common exercises you want to squeeze your chest muscle together at full extension. With these, they look to be leaving your hands about 12" apart.

OTOH, you will progress more with the weight set you have than the one you don't.

I have these Xmark weights that I bought last year for around $200 but they don't come with a stand. I like 'em due to their sturdy feel and easy adjustability. link

Bought SpeedWeight 90 set a few months ago for $220 @ Amazon. Only difference between 90/100/120 version is the weight range. 90's go 10-lb thru 45-lb...these 120's will go 15-lb thru 60-lb. (Had this deal been available then, I would have sprung for these higher weight versions.)

Bottom-line is that these are an excellent alternative to the Boxflex SelectTechs. Bit longer (due to their smaller diameter), but the construction is much more robust...solid sliding metal cams vs the rotating plastic disc/tiny riveted tab of the 552/1090's. Stand is also very well constructed. I have absolutely no regrets buying these instead of waiting for a Bowflex deal!

cobenhu said:   I have these Xmark weights that I bought last year for around $200 but they don't come with a stand. I like 'em due to their sturdy feel and easy adjustability. link

Those range from 5 to 25-lbs...totally different beast than SpeedWeight 120 that go from 15 to 60-lbs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014