• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2013
Price: $55
MIR: $55 (exp 1/1/2013)

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Internet Security 2013 3pc (6.88kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Norton slows your machine down beyond belief.

mistycoupon (Feb. 06, 2013 @ 9:00p) |

You'll never see the rebate if you do more than one rebate.

mistycoupon (Feb. 08, 2013 @ 4:20p) |

Does anyone know the code to use to pre-submit for the rebate? 12-38982 is not coming up as valid.

What product are peo... (more)

mrblueyzz (Feb. 28, 2013 @ 12:23a) |

Presubmit 12-38982 HERE
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks OP, in for one.

I like how Norton rates each website. I loaded Norton 360 on my ASUS laptop (Win_7_64) and it's been running very good in the background with very few nag screens.

And Symantec rebates are very fast and they send you a tracking E-mail.

Nice, I've been using NIS for years and have yet to pay a dime. lol

My renewal not due until May but always worth picking these FAR up in advance imo.
The codes dont have to be used by xx date so theyre always on hand/ready to be used when theyre needed.
TY to op

I have been using NAV for several years.What is the difference between this item and flat-out NAV?
TIA

gmannix said:   I have been using NAV for several years.What is the difference between this item and flat-out NAV?
TIA

Firewall. See the comparison chart here:
http://us.norton.com/antivirus/

SpeedDragon

does the activation key expire? my NIS expires sept 27 2013

please post price on title.

What is the most cost-effective and effective USPS postage to use to send in the rebate?

chrislee79 said:   What is the most cost-effective and effective USPS postage to use to send in the rebate?Maybe a stamp?

I was able to activate mine 6 months after I purchased it and it was fine. I have got mine for free for several years also.

I don't think the keys ever expire. They work on new versions as well.

chrislee79 said:   What is the most cost-effective and effective USPS postage to use to send in the rebate?

a forever stamp you bought for $.41 in 2007.

kingofdacourts said:   does the activation key expire? my NIS expires sept 27 2013

no. youll be fine. it will even work with the next version nis2014

miserly said:   chrislee79 said:   What is the most cost-effective and effective USPS postage to use to send in the rebate?

a forever stamp you bought for $.41 in 2007.

Send the rebate with forever stamp which now costs $0.45...I purchased this from Newegg during thankgiving sale and sent via normal envelope with one stamp... I got notification from symantec that they sent me prepaid card which will arrive in 30 days...so go for it and good thing is you can track your rebate once they receive it.

Mercx said:   kingofdacourts said:   does the activation key expire? my NIS expires sept 27 2013
no. youll be fine. it will even work with the next version nis2014
I routinely use old NIS keys to register the current version. I think as far back as 2007 will work, maybe further.

chrislee79 said:   What is the most cost-effective and effective USPS postage to use to send in the rebate?Please don't tell me your asking if you should send it certified mail.

NENSC said:   please post price on title.Why? It's free after rebate. Are you expecting not to get the rebate? If you are, this is not the deal for you, no matter what the price is.

I think you can download it for free if you are an xfinity comcast customer. Is it the same?

Thanks. In 4 1.

Tax ruins FAR's for me booo Cali

Yeldarb1 said:   I think you can download it for free if you are an xfinity comcast customer. Is it the same?

Thanks "Yeldarb1", I forgot all about Norton and Comcast, will look in to it...

I purchesed a bunch of codes about 4 years ago and every year I use a code with the newest version

Hi guys..do you think the rebate will be easy? I heard many times that stores usually make you difficult to rebate and they deny you claim although you send them required documents.

shawnee10 said:   Hi guys..do you think the rebate will be easy? I heard many times that stores usually make you difficult to rebate and they deny you claim although you send them required documents.

I have done numerous Norton rebates over the last few years and have had no problems. Just read the whole rebate form and follow directions. It's pretty easy.

Stamps.com free trial used to give you $5 USPS postage.

How do you always get it for free? Can you get it at anytime?

kburnsium said:   How do you always get it for free? Can you get it at anytime?

The FAR offer appears to occur at least once a year.

Mercx said:   kburnsium said:   How do you always get it for free? Can you get it at anytime?
The FAR offer appears to occur at least once a year.
More like once a momth.

With the recent invalid rebate status showing up for Symantec rebate submissions, people who have already done NIS 2013 rebates should be careful. Regardless of different offer numbers, Symantec seems to be invalidating rebates for the same product.

Just a word of caution.

Arris1 said:   Tax ruins FAR's for me booo Cali

Hmmm... I thought that Californians loved ever-increasing taxes? If not, why do they always vote for that???

Everyone keeps telling me Norton 'blows'. Does anyone actually know if Norton is good or bad?
I never used Norton because people.. <see above>

unfortunate double post

At one time Nortons would hog resources but now seems to be a lot better. I have used it for years without problems and you can always get it for just about free after rebates.

icecow said:   Everyone keeps telling me Norton 'blows'. Does anyone actually know if Norton is good or bad?
I never used Norton because people.. <see above>

I had been using McAfee for years because it came with my ISP service and laziness. McAfee turns out to be a resource hog, Verizon was lousy at supporting it and I was spending too much on it. Just last week I tested the following with Windows 8: Windows Defender, Avast!, ZoneAlarm, AVG, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360.

I wanted to like Kaspersky and Bitdefender due to their high ratings but Kaspersky had a slow boot time and is in my opinion kind of ugly. Bitdefender froze up my machine. I later found out about the issue Bitdefender has with auto updates and Win8. ZoneAlarm did not find a test virus I downloaded. I liked AVG but the free download I used did not have firewall support. I liked Avast!.

I was not even going to try Norton due to the same negative reviews you mention but saw the $8.99 deal last week and decided to give them a try. I tested both Internet Security(IS) and 360 and went with 360 even though the services of IS would have been sufficient for my needs.

In my opinion Norton IS looks nice, is very easy to use and install, is not too chatty and makes light use of Windows 8 resources. That Norton is not as highly rated as some peers for the primary task of A/V detection is the main negative to me. You can easily download it and test them all for free to see what you like. One nice thing about Windows 8 is that Windows Defender takes over coverage when they are deleted.

try2shopsmart said:   With the recent invalid rebate status showing up for Symantec rebate submissions, people who have already done NIS 2013 rebates should be careful. Regardless of different offer numbers, Symantec seems to be invalidating rebates for the same product.

Just a word of caution.

Is this just personal testimony? Any links to feedback where others have been griping more recently than in the past? I've never had a problem with Symantec rebates in past 7 or 8 years.

itedinfw said:   try2shopsmart said:   With the recent invalid rebate status showing up for Symantec rebate submissions, people who have already done NIS 2013 rebates should be careful. Regardless of different offer numbers, Symantec seems to be invalidating rebates for the same product.

Just a word of caution.

Is this just personal testimony? Any links to feedback where others have been griping more recently than in the past? I've never had a problem with Symantec rebates in past 7 or 8 years.

discussed here. If you're only getting one a year you'll be fine. If you get more than one a year good chance it will be denied.

They can't change and enforce a limit requirement that is different than what is stated on the rebate form. The limit on Norton rebates state one rebate per customer. Everyone should contact the retailer where purchased and file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the AG (Attorney General).

Norton slows your machine down beyond belief.

Skipping 2 Messages...
Does anyone know the code to use to pre-submit for the rebate? 12-38982 is not coming up as valid.

What product are people choosing? Symantec Norton Internet Security 2013 is not one of the options.

Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014