• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I don't know if this is a good deal or not but I thought I'd share it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119469

Learn more about the Rosewill RCNC-11065
Model

Brand
Rosewill

Model
RCNC-11065

Spec

Cat

Length
1000 ft.

Color
Black

Shielded
No

Features

Features
Type: UTP (Unshielded Twist Pair Cable)

Wire Type: Solid Copper Conductor

Wire Gauge: 26 AWG

Provides hi-speed data transfer to 550Mhz

Colored PVC Outer Jacket

Verified Compliant with EIA/TIA Standard by UL and ETL

Member Summary

Rosewill RCNC-11065
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Thanks!
Thanks qube
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ablang said:   
Features
Type: UTP (Unshielded Twist Pair Cable)

Wire Type: Solid Copper Conductor

Wire Gauge: 26 AWG

Provides hi-speed data transfer to 550Mhz

Colored PVC Outer Jacket

Verified Compliant with EIA/TIA Standard by UL and ETL

So it's solid copper (and only 26AWG to boot), but not plenum-rated. pass.

jbigboote said:   So it's solid copper (and only 26AWG to boot), but not plenum-rated. pass.

Plenum cables would be at least twice that for bulk. I'm not sure I'd call this a scorching hot deal, or even a great deal, but it's ok.

OP, you should probably not start out your post in hot deals forum with a comment that says you're not sure if it is a good deal or not.

26 Gauge ??
You have to be kidding me!
First the scumbags foist Copper Clad Aluminum on us, now 26 Gauge ?
I have pulled a lot of 23 and 24, but you will not catch me pulling this crap
What are the chances that the connectors will even be able to land this tiny gauge.
Show me the UL sticker, please.
Shame on you Newegg!

10Gauge said:   26 Gauge ??
You have to be kidding me!
First the scumbags foist Copper Clad Aluminum on us, now 26 Gauge ?
I have pulled a lot of 23 and 24, but you will not catch me pulling this crap
What are the chances that the connectors will even be able to land this tiny gauge.
Show me the UL sticker, please.
Shame on you Newegg!

Actually, you make a great point. I wonder what a sXs comparison on transfer rate would show... not to mention the higher probability of a bad pull or drop, due to the fragile 26g wire.

plenty of bad cat-x cable out there, that I wouldn't chance not getting reputable cable. more cost & headache in the end.

i love the feel of cat6 cable. its just a solid cable you can stand there gripping. with cat5 or 5e, you can pinch the wire and feel the wires moving around in the conduit. but cat6 is solid you can feel the quality. price does not matter when we are talkin quality.

OliverQuackenbush said:   i love the feel of cat6 cable. its just a solid cable you can stand there gripping.

Wasn't too sure where you were first heading with this...

ablang said:   I don't know if this is a good deal or not but I thought I'd share it.
Yet you just tossed it in Hot Deals anyways. Makes perfect sense...

I hate cables, period. It's messing and a pain to pull. If the setup can be done wireless, that's always the way to go!

optical said:   I hate cables, period. It's messing and a pain to pull. If the setup can be done wireless, that's always the way to go!

maybe for browsing. i couldn't figure out why it was taking hours rather than minutes to transfer some FLAC files from my laptop to my server. I then realized someone pulled my ethernet cable to use while visiting. laptop reverted to wireless, and the the transfers were painfully slow. wirelss N 300 network too w/ 5 bars. perhaps if you are lucky enough (big enough wallet) to get the latest generation of wirelss 802.11ac products it wouldn't be the case, but too soon/expensive for me to invest into

optical said:   I hate cables, period. It's messing and a pain to pull. If the setup can be done wireless, that's always the way to go!

Words from someone who has never seen a network with more than 2 teenagers Facebooking and Twittering each other.

hahaha you're funny bro, you're funny.

If your wireless network can't handle facebook and twitter you got some serious network issues. I actually do have two kids that uses a wireless network for online gaming and streaming with no issues. We have numerous streams at any given time and the wireless network handle it just fine.

Hey, if like spending your Sundays pulling wires by all means knock yourself out. My point was that wireless network now a days are fairly fast and good enough for most applications and find unnecessary to go through all the labor of pulling wires. There's definitely a lot advantages over wire.

qube said:   optical said:   I hate cables, period. It's messing and a pain to pull. If the setup can be done wireless, that's always the way to go!

Words from someone who has never seen a network with more than 2 teenagers Facebooking and Twittering each other.

Only for the sorriest, laziest installers. A wired network is ALWAYS more reliable, faster and more secure than wireless.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014