• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Same here order 75xx placed 12/31, received shipment tracking number on 1/21.

In for 6. Thanks!

dogmeat said:   I noticed that they charged my credit card just over a week ago, a few days after my order. If that means my order is on the way, great. If not, charging that far in advance of actual shipping is, IMHO, somewhat bad form.

Me too. Did you contact them? I am going to call them....I highly doubt that they shipped. Not cool.

kbaxter said:   dogmeat said:   I noticed that they charged my credit card just over a week ago, a few days after my order. If that means my order is on the way, great. If not, charging that far in advance of actual shipping is, IMHO, somewhat bad form.

Me too. Did you contact them? I am going to call them....I highly doubt that they shipped. Not cool.

No, haven't called yet. If you do, please post what you hear.

From the Makogroup site:
"30 round E-Lander magazines are IN STOCK and we are receiving large shipments several times each week. Due to the overwhelming number of orders we are receiving on this product, we estimate orders will ship within 2 - 3 months. We are receiving magazine shipments daily, but we can only logistically ship so many magazines in any given day. Please do not contact us about the status of your order until at least 6 weeks after your order was placed. This applies to all orders placed after 1/16/13."
Of course, I ordered on the 22nd and this notice was not posted on their site at that time. Hmmmph.

I told you.

Rupert5 said:   From the Makogroup site:
"30 round E-Lander magazines are IN STOCK and we are receiving large shipments several times each week. Due to the overwhelming number of orders we are receiving on this product, we estimate orders will ship within 2 - 3 months. We are receiving magazine shipments daily, but we can only logistically ship so many magazines in any given day. Please do not contact us about the status of your order until at least 6 weeks after your order was placed. This applies to all orders placed after 1/16/13."
Of course, I ordered on the 22nd and this notice was not posted on their site at that time. Hmmmph.

WOW. There are so many ways to examine this business model, I don't even know where to start. Here's some highlights: Customer floats retailer a interest free 60-90 day loan. Customer service, don't call us, we will call you, but only about 6 weeks of dead silence, if the price drops on the mags, tuff shit, we already have your money...see loan terms above. We have mags IN STOCK, their caplock not mine, but IN STOCK is not your mags, it's the ones to fill backorders....

I ordered 6 on 12/31, received tracking info 1/21, delivered 1/26. Fired 500 rounds today no problems, manufacture date of 12/12.

Hmmm.... I placed my order on 1/15 I wonder if I snuck in before there 1/16 mentioned deadline.

I understand them being overwhelmed and taking time to fill orders as they get to them. Maybe the web service they use automatically charges cards when you place the order. They should explain that. Taking your money and then not shipping for weeks (or months) is a pretty shady business practice, but they may not be doing this intentionally.

I know a lot of small gunshops who are known for great customer service who have been so overwhelmed that they are now giving their customers lousy service.

m362w said:   Rupert5 said:   From the Makogroup site:

WOW. There are so many ways to examine this business model, I don't even know where to start. Here's some highlights: Customer floats retailer a interest free 60-90 day loan. Customer service, don't call us, we will call you, but only about 6 weeks of dead silence, if the price drops on the mags, tuff shit, we already have your money...see loan terms above. We have mags IN STOCK, their caplock not mine, but IN STOCK is not your mags, it's the ones to fill backorders....

Shipping over a month later doesn't translate to in-stock in my book

PSA does the same thing. Placed order on 1/7/ They took money same day. Shipped on 1/25

Order 22000 +/-

Not to happy about them charging my credit card for what could be months wait. It violates most CC companies policy to charge without shipping!

My order is in the 19,000's, anyone know what range of order numbers are shipping right now? I've only gotten a confirmation email, but no shipping yet. Just wondering where the shipments were at.

My order number is 17634 - still haven't received my mags.

Cashman said:   My order number is 17634 - still haven't received my mags.
Mine's 163xx - haven't heard a thing.

Mine's 121xx placed on 1/10. Website still shows processing.

ddub said:   Order #77XX. Placed Dec. 31. Shipping info received via email today Jan 21...

UPDATE:
Received, 1/25/13

Quality stuff..

Just a rough estimate using extrapolation, assuming order number starts low and goes up 10 at a time, so say they process 770 orders in 25 days, so about 30 orders per day shipped, so as of Jan 30, they should be at around order number 9250. I would just be patient if they are a small shop shipping 30 orders+ a day is no small task if they have no automated process.... Just rough estimate, not taking into account weekends and one order may have 20 mags which may limit #order for that day if they can only ship out x number mag/day.

Order#: 9798 placed on 1/5/2013 was "shipped" on 2/5. According to the USPS Priority Mail tracking info, it was just put into the actual mail stream today (2/7).

Orders from rainierarms.com for comparison (see the deal bellow) were shipped the same day. I ordered on Feb 1 and already got my stuff. It is just to show how moronic being those people who were giving me reds when I told that MAKO group sucks.

"GUNS: ASC 5.56MM Aluminum 30 Round Magazine $15.95 Limit 37"

I think I'm going to cancel my order. They were on order #74xx the week of 12/22 and they are now on 10xxx. So after seven weeks they moved only 3000 orders. So going at there current rate my order 17xxx would ship in about 17 weeks from now...So 5/31! Far cry from there 2-3 weeks or updated 2-3 months time frame. Of course the order already hit my credit card on 1/17.

Plus what really pisses me off is that they have been filling orders out of order.
A group put in a group purchase on 1/24 and received it on 2/7.
So apparently they do not care about the 10000+ orders that were placed prior to that one.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=213374&page=9

I wouldn't cancel just yet unless you are in a big hurry... these mags are fantastic! I just received my order today and am VERY happy. The wait was kinda long but now that they have arrived I'm extremely satisfied with the quality especially for the price.

ohioindy said:   I wouldn't cancel just yet unless you are in a big hurry... these mags are fantastic! I just received my order today and am VERY happy. The wait was kinda long but now that they have arrived I'm extremely satisfied with the quality especially for the price.

These "Fantastic" mags will not load in AR at full capacity. See the video. And even reduced by two still pretty tough.

Well, I had my CC charged for the full amount on 1/11 and nothing. If I don't hear of them in two days, I'll file a grievance with my CC company. Waiting and backordering I get. Taking my money and doing nothing for a month, not so much.

Are these worth the extra money?
craigs listing PMAG30

Ordered on 1/4, number 94xx. Delivered today. They look really nice but haven't tested them out yet.

ohioindy said:   I wouldn't cancel just yet unless you are in a big hurry... these mags are fantastic! I just received my order today and am VERY happy. The wait was kinda long but now that they have arrived I'm extremely satisfied with the quality especially for the price.

I'm not in a hurry, and if they wouldn't have charged my CC I may have waited. Waiting until May for something that may or may not come in with no recourse just makes no sense to me. Plus the fact that they are lieing about haveing them in-stock makes me no longer want to do buisness with them.
Following post is from the Mako Group Rep on AR15.com http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_400/229760_Israeli_E_Lander_Mags_...
"Posted: 2/7/2013 4:02:58 PM
OK, I will answer a couple questions together here:
The tests went well - there is going to be further testing (and I would assume another round of the required MIL-SPEC testing), but E-Lander is confident in the change now and will be placing the mags back into full production with the modification.
At this point, there has been a slight slowing of order fulfillment to allow the new mags to come in. At that point, all orders will be filled using newest generation magazines.
All orders placed from this point, and most existing unfulfilled orders will get the latest generation mags.
The first ones from the first shipment will got to those of you who sent your mags to me at SHOT for inspection."

So if they are waiting for new merchandise to ship product they do not have them in stock. They have just been using everyones money for seed money.

Plus since they are already on Version 3 since December because of fittment and feed problems on some rifles doesn't exactly excite me.

Good luck with yours though and thanks for the comment.

OK, having my money for a month+ is unacceptable. Sent this e-mail today:

"OK, waiting I don't mind, but it's a very shady business practice to charge someone's credit card long before you plan to actually ship product. You have had my money for over a month now without providing any product and that is unacceptable. Please cancel my order. If my credit card is not credited in full in two days, I will begin a grievance process with the card issuer."

dogmeat said:   OK, having my money for a month+ is unacceptable. Sent this e-mail today:

"OK, waiting I don't mind, but it's a very shady business practice to charge someone's credit card long before you plan to actually ship product. You have had my money for over a month now without providing any product and that is unacceptable. Please cancel my order. If my credit card is not credited in full in two days, I will begin a grievance process with the card issuer."

This is not easy. I had the same painful process with Ares Armor - a company that "sells" lower receivers that they are not going to have in stock for the next 6-9 months (and they did not mention it on the product page). I suggest you to fail a complain to BBB and to attorney general office. It will improve your chances.

Everyone that is having a patience problem please call in and cancel your orders, you can even contact them on facebook and they will cancel your order.
The more that cancel, the faster they get to my order, and the faster i get my mags!

I'm sure those of you with outstanding orders will be happy, but I got an e-mail today canceling my order and telling me a refund was on the way. I'll admit, I was surprised someone read this e-mail, because previous one's were not responded to.

As a counterpoint, I reveived four mags in the mail yesterday from another company who I also found in a FW post. The mags were backordered when I placed the order - about a week after this order. No charge was made on my card at the time of the order. A few days ago my credit cards was charged and a shipping notice was sent and the mags arrived three days later (and they seem to be good quality).

That's how you do reputable business. You don't take money for product you don't have and then ship at some unknown point in the future.

dogmeat said:   OK, having my money for a month+ is unacceptable. Sent this e-mail today:

Finally, my order shipped! Ordered 1/6, order# 10xxx.

I have some extra Thermold 30 rounders (new) PM me if you need mags now.

I ordered on Jan 15th, and their site still shows it as "processing". But I want to shoot 300 rounds without having to reload magazines NOW!

These guys are totally sketchy. I canceled my order from 1/10 (12453) on 2/20 and they tried to talk me out of it. They asked why and I said:

"I have friends that did a group buy the beginning of Feb (MI gun owners) that have already received their orders so you are shipping out of order and I don't want to deal with a company that would do that. It is a shady business practice to fulfill newer orders before meeting your backorder obligations."

Response: MI gun owners contacted me directly for this purchase. They were not a web order in fact they ordered by calling me directly. Its not shady because a web order is different from a phone order also he was doing a group buy of a few hundred so that is treated as a dealer. Itís a separate department from internet orders. But I will cancel your order.

Andrew Amato
Tech Support Manager
The Mako Group

By this logic we should all go in on a group buy and we could have them next week as long as we call the order in...

bgnsty said:   These guys are sketchy as hell. I canceled my order from 1/10 (12453) on 2/20 and they tried to talk me out of it. They asked why and I said:

"I have friends that did a group buy the beginning of Feb (MI gun owners) that have already received their orders so you are shipping out of order and I don't want to deal with a company that would do that. It is a shady business practice to fulfill newer orders before meeting your backorder obligations."

Response: MI gun owners contacted me directly for this purchase. They were not a web order in fact they ordered by calling me directly. Its not shady because a web order is different from a phone order also he was doing a group buy of a few hundred so that is treated as a dealer. Itís a separate department from internet orders. But I will cancel your order.

Andrew Amato
Tech Support Manager
The Mako Group

By this logic we should all go in on a group buy and we could have them next week as long as we call the order in...

I'm glad I cancelled my order with them. I cancelled on the 8th and didn't see a refund on my CC untill the 14th.
I went and ordered some mags on the 8th from PSA and they are scheduled for delivery on Monday.
Now that's what instock means unlike the liars at Mako!
I checked Mako on BBB and they are not a member and also have a F rating from complaints.

If you really want these, I'd hang in there. My 6 showed up this past week, and they are nice in spite of how badly the order process was handled.. Haven't given them the true test at the range yet.

I ordered in January. I did not get a response from my attempts to cancel. It is against CC policy to charge before shipping. They charged my CC in January. I have not been able to get through via phone or e-mail. I had to call my CC company to cancel my order. I hope they get a chargeback!

Indianamiester said:   I ordered in January. I did not get a response from my attempts to cancel. It is against CC policy to charge before shipping. They charged my CC in January. I have not been able to get through via phone or e-mail. I had to call my CC company to cancel my order. I hope they get a chargeback!

I used their web-page contact form to cancel my order and they got back within a couple of days. Saying that it would show up within a week. We'll see.

To those who think it's worth hanging on....I suggest you search some forums on these. They appear to be very well made, but have some real issues when fully loaded. One site I looked at had PAGES of discussion on this and it all came down to a comment from the MAKO folks, saying that if you're mag won't seat, a few swipes with a file can fix it. Thanks, no.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014