• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
kbaxter said:   They appear to be very well made, but have some real issues when fully loaded. One site I looked at had PAGES of discussion on this and it all came down to a comment from the MAKO folks, saying that if you're mag won't seat, a few swipes with a file can fix it. Thanks, no.

Does this include the Revision 3 mags they are starting to ship? I did a FB post on Mako's page on 2/19 inquiring on my order. They said they were waiting on the Rev. 3 mags. When were these posts made on the other forums?

All 10 E-lander mags I received (order no 74xx, placed end of 2012, received about a month later) seem to be 12/12 manufacture, some needed a tap even empty to seat in my Colts. No issues in a Scar 16 or (now sold) S&W M&P 15. I have a mini-mill and I shaved about 15/1000 off the upper edge of the mag catch hole and they all are fine in my Colts now. For the money I am pleased, despite the slight mod. For example my Pmags need mods in certain guns, Gen M2 Pmags need trimming at the rear for my Scar, and apparently for the Tavor as well, so I am ok with these E-landers. I like them, they seem to be well made and finished. I feel for those who have been told to wait for months after placing your order, I would probably bail too. Brownell's
has their brand aluminum USGI mags @ $10 available for backorder, and you might get them sooner than 2 to 3 months.

tnbk said:   kbaxter said:   They appear to be very well made, but have some real issues when fully loaded. One site I looked at had PAGES of discussion on this and it all came down to a comment from the MAKO folks, saying that if you're mag won't seat, a few swipes with a file can fix it. Thanks, no.

Does this include the Revision 3 mags they are starting to ship? I did a FB post on Mako's page on 2/19 inquiring on my order. They said they were waiting on the Rev. 3 mags. When were these posts made on the other forums?

To be honest, I got a bit lost in the recall/re-engineer cycle. It did sound like they addressed the issue for the most part. The arguments came down to whether they had to be out-of-spec to work with most "mil-spec" rifles.
I think that this is the thread I read last (long) and made me to decide to cancel. To be clear, they still look to be a good value, but I don't have an urgent need right now. Otherwise, I would probably have let my order ride:

Mag Forum Thread

Guys, why don't you all cancel and reorder from PSA as they every week have magazines in stock for the same or lower price and PSA magazines do not need a "mini-mill" to have them working. Hahaha. Toll you. Mako group is not good. Give me more reds.

Stas1976 said:   Guys, why don't you all cancel and reorder from PSA as they every week have magazines in stock for the same or lower price and PSA magazines do not need a "mini-mill" to have them working. Hahaha. Toll you. Mako group is not good. Give me more reds.

How do you get them from PSA when everything says out of stock on their site?

brettdoyle said:   Stas1976 said:   Guys, why don't you all cancel and reorder from PSA as they every week have magazines in stock for the same or lower price and PSA magazines do not need a "mini-mill" to have them working. Hahaha. Toll you. Mako group is not good. Give me more reds.

Not always but every second day somebody publishes somewhere a deal about PSA mags are in stock. They go in stock so often that people stop reposting it here. You should find the last deal and monitor the page few times a day to not miss it. Usually deal stays active for at least 2-3 hours. So not gonna be hard catch it.

brettdoyle said:   Stas1976 said:   Guys, why don't you all cancel and reorder from PSA as they every week have magazines in stock for the same or lower price and PSA magazines do not need a "mini-mill" to have them working. Hahaha. Toll you. Mako group is not good. Give me more reds.

They have been in stock all day... http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/dh-5-56-30rd-aluminum-m...

Bishop7 said:   brettdoyle said:   Stas1976 said:   Guys, why don't you all cancel and reorder from PSA as they every week have magazines in stock for the same or lower price and PSA magazines do not need a "mini-mill" to have them working. Hahaha. Toll you. Mako group is not good. Give me more reds.

They have been in stock all day... http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/dh-5-56-30rd-aluminum-m...

I must have terrible luck. I've checked PSA at least 50 times & still see: Availability: TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK

But...my Mako order #13xxx from 1/11/13 shipped today.

voodoomorph said:   Bishop7 said:   brettdoyle said:   Stas1976 said:   Guys, why don't you all cancel and reorder from PSA as they every week have magazines in stock for the same or lower price and PSA magazines do not need a "mini-mill" to have them working. Hahaha. Toll you. Mako group is not good. Give me more reds.

I must have terrible luck. I've checked PSA at least 50 times & still see: Availability: TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK

But...my Mako order #13xxx from 1/11/13 shipped today.

I promised to myself to not post anything on this site because I am getting nothing else but red. But your mags just come in stock. Specially for you.

Just to update on anyone who ordered these...My order# is 12818 from 1/11/13 (yeah, I know a long time) and got a shipment confirmation with tracking today. Will update when I recieve them.

FYI: I ordered mags on Jan 15th. Just received them Apr 5th.

I just got the shipment notification this morning for my order, 19***. Keep the faith everyone!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014