• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The price seems to keep inching downward on these. $99 is the lowest price I can recall.

These are in good condition and have a permanently attached spike bayonet that folds along the rifle’s right side into a groove in the stock. Overall length 40”, barrel length 20”. These are Curio & Relic eligible!

Link

*EDIT*: Link is viewable only if you have a FFL 01 or 03 (C&R) and an account with SOG. Otherwise, you have to order through your local FLL.

Member Summary

Chinese Type 53 Carbine (9.16kB)
Thanks kchunk
Disclaimer

The page you requested is hidden because one of these actions are required...
You are trying to view a firearm as a guest.
To view firearms, you must be LOGGED IN as a FFL / C&R Dealer*
(*We MUST have your FFL / C&R license on file!).
If you clicked on a link to get here, the link might be outdated.
If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
The product may be discontinued.

exbat said:   The page you requested is hidden because one of these actions are required...
You are trying to view a firearm as a guest.
To view firearms, you must be LOGGED IN as a FFL / C&R Dealer*
(*We MUST have your FFL / C&R license on file!).
If you clicked on a link to get here, the link might be outdated.
If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
The product may be discontinued.

Darn...you're right. I forgot I was logged in. If you have a C&R you can get an account of you're own. If not, you'll have to order through your local FLL. Sorry for the confusion.

It's too bad SOG does it this way- making your local FFL sign up and click through their web site and have to cut SOG a check and so the FFL has to collect money from you. A pain for the FFL and they will charge you for the hassle/time.

these sorta like th nagant?
caliber?

ScooberDiver said:   It's FFL, not FLL. (Not a biggie though)

Of course...I knew that In my defense, I work for an airline so some abbreviations roll off the keyboard easier. FLL=Ft Lauderdale airport

smokediverxxx said:   these sorta like th nagant?
caliber?

Yep

The Chinese Type 53 Carbine is one of the more interesting of the Model 1944 Carbine clones; however, the Type 53 has never been sought out on a wide scale by Mosin Nagant collectors. The main reason for this folly is the false notion that the Type 53 is of inferior quality when compared to its counterparts. Nothing could be further from the truth, but this very common opinion still seems to dominate collectors circles. The quality in manufacture of the Type 53 is quite high and the Type 53's place in history rivals any of the Model 1944's. In fact the combat use of the Type 53 may well be greater than any of the M44's.

The Type 53 may well be the best bargain of the M44 Carbine types on the collector's market, as in most case $100 is the high end of price. It is indeed a lot of carbine for the money and really belongs in any Mosin Nagant collection. The black-eye that it has received in many circles is undeserved and this can work to the collector's advantage. Ignore the bogus information and the collector can make out like a bandit.

I have to disagree with the Type 53 being placed on the high quality end of the spectrum of M44 type carbines, I have one, and have handled several others. The one I have is in nearly new condition, and while it IS a quality firearm, it isn't as nice as either my Polish or Russian built M44 carbines.

If you have a time machine the best bargain on these was the Polish variant that was being sold ten years ago in unissued condition (that is LNIB for those not familiar with surplus rifles) for $79.99 retail. That was ten years ago, and those rifles in the condition are selling for close to $200 now if you can find one.

The reason I am giving this deal green is that they exist, they are available, they are quality rifles, and the price is very good.

Not as cheap but a much better conditioned rifle as I have seen the 53's from SOG and they are well worn with major bluing removed and junk stocks, These here however ,http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3M44 , are refurbed M44's from Russia in great condition with bright shiny bores and nice bluing and stocks, maybe twice the price but they are twice the rifle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014