• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The new Staples ad starting Sunday 12/30 is out, and they show the Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone is $50 with a new 2yr agreement or 2yr extension on AT&T, Verizon, and Tmobile.
I've seen the $99 deals and I've seen $50 deals on this phone through Sprint, but this is the cheapest I've seen for these providers.

My sister just got this phone from Bestbuy last week for the $99 deal, we should be able to pricematch this deal and get the difference back since we are still within the return window.

AD LINK

EDIT - Might be a Regional Deal. Check your the Staples AD Page 7 in your area.
EDIT 2 - Looks like for T-Mobile the phone is $99.99 and there is a $50 mail-in rebate.

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

galaxy S III
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Galaxy S III
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
any idea till how long after activation best buy offers price match?..

prasadsanam (Jan. 04, 2013 @ 9:43p) |

I think within your return window. Which is normally 30 days, but if you bought around the holidays or are a silver mem... (more)

breaux124 (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 2:06p) |

Stopped by WalMart and they had Black and Brown colors available, priced matched to Staples with no problems... got the ... (more)

mikelander34 (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 10:03a) |

Negative for Memphis, TN stores.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I must be blind, I've looked at that ad 3 times and don't see any cell phone on it period?

Might be regional then, because the ad for my area shows the deal the OP listed on page 7.

Are you viewing the 12/30 ad?

Must be regional. Page 7-8 is all computers on my local ad, roughly 90 miles away.

It is in the washington state ads. However, it is $99.99 after tmobile rebate debit card for upgrades..... It is in the fine print.

Not listed in Portland (OR) ad, page 7 is cameras and external drives. No phones mentioned in our 12/30 ad.

They are cutting the price on SG3 because SG4 will be available after CES in a few weeks.

Shows in the Detroit area. Helllllllo $50 back from Best Buy.

If you want to unlock the phone
FREE Unlock Thread

breaux124 said:   The new Staples ad starting Sunday 12/30 is out, and they show the Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone is $50 with a new 2yr agreement or 2yr extension on AT&T, Verizon, and Tmobile.
I've seen the $99 deals and I've seen $50 deals on this phone through Sprint, but this is the cheapest I've seen for these providers.

My sister just got this phone from Bestbuy last week for the $99 deal, we should be able to pricematch this deal and get the difference back since we are still within the return window.

AD LINK

EDIT - Might be a Regional Deal. Check your the Staples AD Page 7 in your area.
EDIT 2 - Looks like for T-Mobile the phone is $99.99 and there is a $50 mail-in rebate.

This phone is free for T-Mobile before thanks giving. But I'm not sure when the 0 price will come back again.

fatxman said:   They are cutting the price on SG3 because SG4 will be available after CES in a few weeks.

The announcement will be at Mobility Ent. Conference at Spain in Feb. 25.
You have to wait until March for SG4 but, you could get SG3 now on discount.

haoniukun said:   ...This phone is free for T-Mobile before thanks giving. But I'm not sure when the 0 price will come back again.Per Wednesday's T-Mobile ad you can get the Galaxy SIII for $0 down until 12/31. Deal is not available in RI, CT, DC, or Miami-Dade County. Also some fine print about well-qualified customers, down payment and 20 payments of $20/month, $199.99 down and a $200 mail-in rebate, etc.

Edit: Should note that T-Moble $0 down also applies to HTC One S, Samsung S Galaxy Relay, HTC Windows Phone 8X, and BlackBerry Bold

So the phone will cost you around $400 after 20 months.
kshell said:   haoniukun said:   ...This phone is free for T-Mobile before thanks giving. But I'm not sure when the 0 price will come back again.Per Wednesday's T-Mobile ad you can get the Galaxy SIII for $0 down until 12/31. Deal is not available in RI, CT, DC, or Miami-Dade County. Also some fine print about well-qualified customers, down payment and 20 payments of $20/month, $199.99 down and a $200 mail-in rebate, etc.

Edit: Should note that T-Moble $0 down also applies to HTC One S, Samsung S Galaxy Relay, HTC Windows Phone 8X, and BlackBerry Bold

Just realized the Jelly Bean update is available for this phone on all providers, just applied it today to my S3 and it's great. Had to use Samsung Kies via USB, since there is no over the air download on AT&T.

Note that Staples charges tax on the retail price of the phone (~$40) at least in MA. But, I believe a lot of retailers are having to doing that now due to state regs.

Just curious, do you need to buy one phone for att or tmobile and a different model for verizon or will this phone work on all three carriers with just changing sims.

kshell said:   haoniukun said:   ...This phone is free for T-Mobile before thanks giving. But I'm not sure when the 0 price will come back again.Per Wednesday's T-Mobile ad you can get the Galaxy SIII for $0 down until 12/31. Deal is not available in RI, CT, DC, or Miami-Dade County. Also some fine print about well-qualified customers, down payment and 20 payments of $20/month, $199.99 down and a $200 mail-in rebate, etc.

This whole "$0 down" deal that T-Mo is running sounds like a car lot.

Have they always done that or have I not been paying attention?

Just purchased the Verizon Galaxy III for $99 in Staples store (NJ) and will be receiving $50 rebate plus $25 Google Play Card. You can receive $50 off with a trade in too. This deal ends this Saturday.

haoniukun said:   
This phone is free for T-Mobile before thanks giving. But I'm not sure when the 0 price will come back again.

It probably won't as T-Mobile is now focusing on Value Plans ($xx down, $xx per month until paid off) rather than Classic Plans (where they subsidize the phone). In the future only dealers (not T-Mobile stores) will have subsidized phones if I understand the new announcements correctly.

I didn't see it in today's ad but it is on sale online.

They don't carry the white AT&T model, but recieved the blue one for $106 after california taxes and of course the two year contract.

Just a heads up my Staples has only ONE person who can sell you a cell phone. And he wasn't there the first two times I went. So you may want to call first.
Great deal! I finally got a blue sIII

I was able to get Best Buy to refund the difference in price since I was still within my return period. So if you have a Best Buy in the area, they should pricematch the deal. They might be able to even look it up online or from another smartphone.

For T-Mobile I was told they only carry the blue and not the white as well. FYI the blue is rumored to be discontinued soon with a gray color replacing it.

Still going. Great deal. Got mine today.

I have to say, Staples is messed up. Checked online and found that the store reasonably near my work had it in stock. Made a special trip during rush hour to get it. Wander around the cell phone section looking at accessories waiting for someone to help me. Finally the lines at the checkout clear out and I ask the cashier who to talk to about the phones. Another worker tells me that they can answer questions if I have any, but they can't sell me a phone. I laugh, then realize they aren't kidding. They tell me that they changed the software for the phone system a few weeks ago and that they hadn't hired anyone to get trained on the new software. They then tell me that none of the stores in Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti have hired a person to sell cell phones since the change. An area of 200,000 people and they can't sell the cell phones they have in stock.

Had to call around to find a Staples (about 20 miles away) that could sell me the phone in their advertised sale. The guy at that store was cool and handled it quickly.

I didn't realize Staples was such a mess.

any idea till how long after activation best buy offers price match?..

prasadsanam said:   any idea till how long after activation best buy offers price match?..

I think within your return window. Which is normally 30 days, but if you bought around the holidays or are a silver member I think it's around 45.

Stopped by WalMart and they had Black and Brown colors available, priced matched to Staples with no problems... got the black GS3... Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.