• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this has already been posted, but Microcenter is having a price match on their Black Friday price ($149.99) on the Samsung Galaxy 2 7" tablet. I just picked one up after paying $179 at Best Buy before Christmas for my son. This appears to be an in-store deal only and was in a recent e-mail from MicroCenter.

Hopefully it's not a duplicate post but I did a quick search and didnt find it!

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Which store?

So what do you need to do go in and ask for a price match or are they just 150 bucks in store?

EvolvingGST said:   So what do you need to do go in and ask for a price match or are they just 150 bucks in store?
They are just $150 in-store until stock is gone. From what I was told, each store got at least 50 in stock. The MicroCenter email had this deal as well as a few others in it. Other items for sale were 32" Westinghouse HDTVs and 40" Westinghouse HDTVs for $199 and $299 respectively.

The only bad thing is that you cannot check online for stock on certain items because their inventory system won't show in-store sale items like this, so you have to call.

The tablet is getting old and with so many new ones coming out for a few $ more, It's a matther of time before all the other stores follow...

Shezam said:   The tablet is getting old and with so many new ones coming out for a few $ more, It's a matther of time before all the other stores follow...

You can wait if you like..

In a sense, you are right- this was a budget tablet to begin with and was never the top of the line, but it's still a good tablet and the $149.99 price is reasonable for it and $30 cheaper than elsewhere. For $50-$100 more you could get a better tablet, but since this one will likely do everything you need (except impress your friends with its specs) why pay more?

Shezam said:   The tablet is getting old and with so many new ones coming out for a few $ more, It's a matther of time before all the other stores follow...

If you wait for the next best Tablet.. you will be waiting.. a long time...

Checked out Microcenter DFW. No stock on saturday morning.

Called my Microcenter and an employee told me the price was 179(assuming 179.99).

I was kinda wondering if the OP knows of when the sale mightve ended from the email or if its in-store were they in a bin or section with a sale price?

Thanks in advance!

First Part Of Ad
Disclaimer

Second Part Of Ad
Disclaimer
The email dated 12/24 states that: "PRICES GOOD 12/26/12 - 12/30/12" so that should include today. Sharonville OH had 49 available as of the 27th. Haven't checked since I got mine!

Forgot to mention; the reason I have attached the ad is so that perhaps someone can get a Best Buy or Staples to match the deal if the MicroCenter close to them is OOS. Good luck!

Best of all this tablet has the IR transmitter

Greatly appreciate the info. I did manage to get one and by a stroke of luck, I did find a "After the Holidays Sale" ad while I was at microcenter and was able to get it for $150. Luckily, a few were floating around instore. Thanks again.

It's been the same price at WalMart for a week.

Lvscott said:   It's been the same price at WalMart for a week.
I only see the 10" listed online on the Wal-Mart site. What city was this in?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.