Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Panasonic LX7 (5.35kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For those not familiar with the Panasonic LX7, it is one of the best pocketable cameras currently on the market (fast f1.4 lens, very good full 1080p video with stereo audio, a hot shoe for external flash or EVF, and plenty of manual controls for the advanced photographer). The only camera close is the Sony RX100, but it lists for $650.

Sales tax in Texas kills the Amazon deal for me. Fortunately, Crutchfield and J&R also have this camera for $299.99 with free shipping. Use Fat Wallet CashBack and Discovercard to lower the net price further. I just ordered from Crutchfield which has 2% Fat Wallet CashBack and used my Discovercard which currently has 5% CashBack for online purchases through 12-31-12.

So $299.99 - 2% Fat Wallet CashBack - 5% Discovercard CashBack = $278.99. This is an amazing price for one of the best digital cameras in its class.

I almost got one from Panasonic at about the same price when it's on sale. Now,I have gotten the Sony NEX-5N from BB, I don't think I can afford another one.

ThePeasMan said:   For those not familiar with the Panasonic LX7, it is one of the best pocketable cameras currently on the market (fast f1.4 lens, very good full 1080p video with stereo audio, a hot shoe for external flash or EVF, and plenty of manual controls for the advanced photographer). The only camera close is the Sony RX100, but it lists for $650.

Sales tax in Texas kills the Amazon deal for me. Fortunately, Crutchfield and J&R also have this camera for $299.99 with free shipping. Use Fat Wallet CashBack and Discovercard to lower the net price further. I just ordered from Crutchfield which has 2% Fat Wallet CashBack and used my Discovercard which currently has 5% CashBack for online purchases through 12-31-12.

So $299.99 - 2% Fat Wallet CashBack - 5% Discovercard CashBack = $278.99. This is an amazing price for one of the best digital cameras in its class.

I'm still in love with my LX3. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to the LX7? How's the low-light performance?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014